Advice on controlling high temperatures

@Countryboyjvd1971 it’s around 15x15 or a little bigger

@bob31 no tray, it has a drain spot on bottom and my lowes had it in stock, went and picked it up.

2 Likes

awesome. Good deal. Keep us posted on how it’s going with that setup as I may be looking to do something similar @jasong

2 Likes

You should be good only other thing I’ll suggest it putting something on windows to block sun to help reduce heat load in Florida room brother
Tint them or put shades up ?

1 Like

Good idea :thumbsup:

I think I will be dealing with same issues come summer but right about now I’d trade you for the cold I’m looking forward to tonight
But with my current grow box setup I will be able to simply put ice packs in my recirculating vents or run cold water through an old radiator I happen to have kicking around

2 Likes

for best effect put shades outside windows as curtains still absorb radiant heat

2 Likes

Good point my friend good point :+1: @Donaldj
:v::cowboy_hat_face:CB

1 Like

Ok so right now it’s about 80 degrees outside, room is about 77 degrees (ac is set to 72), and inside tent is about 79-80 degrees.

AC is pointing towards tent, about a foot away, with one of the tent holes open so air gets in (but I don’t think much is getting inside).

Last night, outside was about 66 degrees, room was about 73 degrees, and inside tent was about 77 degrees.

Is this still too hot? @Countryboyjvd1971

Do you have an exhaust fan set up in tent sir

AC works best if recirculating the air or in sealed room since you are likely using exhaust that is pulling cool air out as fast as ac can make it
edit: think of it as running ac in your car with windows down no point since you are still pulling in hot air unless you are exhausting into room ac unit it in it will never keep up

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 yes, into the room though. I think I will cut another hole into the window panel where the ac exhaust is for the tent exhaust as well.

That is exactly what you should do and then it should. Pull cool air into tent also you’ll probably need to get room a little bit cooler somewhere like 5-10 degrees below the temp you want in tent

2 Likes