Advice on cloning

I built one for less than $10. Of course I already had an air pump and air stones.

1st attempt, 100% success on monster crop clones. Used Rootx on half, aloe vera on the other half.

1 Like

Ive done aloe in seed starter or air bubbler method, both simple and effective @wildride420 99 percent survival rate

Check oit my thread diy bubbker/cloner

2 Likes

Sorry thread is called diy aero/bubbler cloner, thanks for tag @BlackShirt we will have you cloning in no time

2 Likes

@dbrn32 what light do you recommend? Will the same light work for seeding as well?

1 Like

I have looked at diy bubblers/cloners I could do it but after looking at the price of some of the stuff it would be cheaper to buy one lol for what I intend to do

1 Like

I hear you my friend, good luck its stufff i had laying aroud the shop, whether you make one or buy on its the more reliable one imo. This one took a while in seed strarted and aloe

I guess depends on how big of cloning tray you have. I have used DIY strip light that was about 30-40 watts. I also have a smaller light using monos that was about 12 watts that seemed fine to do a couple in cups.

If you are buying something, a 2 bulb 24" t5 fixture should be plenty for standard 10x20" tray.

So could I DIY a veg/clone/seed light? Something maybe for a 2x4 area. Or would I be better off doing clone/seed light and a different veg light?

1 Like

Absolutely!

Sweet probably the strips would be best I would think? Maybe a 2x4 area should I go 3500k or even 4000?

1 Like

Thereā€™s going to be pretty big difference in a light to veg a 2x4 and then one to run for clones and seedlings. What if we setup to make two individual fixtures to veg the 2x4 with dimming, and then when you were starting seeds or cloning you could just use 1 of them?

1 Like

That worksI am probably going to add a 4x4 tent to my collection and do seed and clones in that. I know thatā€™s bigger than what we just discussed but I like to have the room and I can always add lights later.

1 Like

I would do two lights then, each light with meanwell hlg-80h-c700a and 6 bridgelux eb gen2 in 4000k or 5000k.

When youā€™re ready, post in DIY thread or your journal so we can keep this thread on track.

2 Likes

One of strains says 7-9 weeks from seed to harvest am I going to be able to clone off of that I have read that I shouldnā€™t clone till they are about 2 months old ?

Iā€™ve only read about it and just wondered

Iā€™m new at this could you explain the scraping part please

I was thinking about it Iā€™m retired and have time to play around

Yes I was wondering about that also I looked it up and couldnā€™t find nothing about it

I usually took clones when inthinned out under growth

Thatā€™s exposing more of the stem to be capable of producing roots.