Advice needed on fertilizer

Guys, I am at the start of my 6th week in flower, all I can afford is Scott’s Super Bloom, the leave are beginning to look pretty yellow, but the buds are still growing in size. Only leaves that are yellowing and falling off are the lower fans, so I guess my big question is is whether or not this fertilizer that I am using is okay @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

Post a pic of the ingredients and other important info @Tech1

I’m guessing that you’re lacking something, but they are almost done? Only about two more weeks so I’m not sure how much you’d want to invest at this point.

1 Like

Bob, that was kind of my thought, these were bag seeds and first grow so I wasn’t really sure what to expect of them but I have learned a great deal. Just started some good seeds and will be a lot more watchful with them. I have only been using 1/2 indoor plant dose (1/2 of the little scoop.)

scotts

1 Like

Disclaimer.I have never used that before.

Generally we recommend that when starting with nutrients that you give 1/4 to 1/2 the full recommended dosage to ease them on. Then the next time 1/2 to 3/4 and then the next time full strength, watching to be sure that they are reacting negatively. If anything they are probably under nourished.

I’m guessing though, We would need to do a support ticket and pictures under white or natural light.

3 Likes

Thanks Bob

@Tech1 If you can, this product will work better than the Scott’s product that have to much of N and P and bearly enough of K, imo

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L32CE20?psc=1/?tag=greenrel-20

@bob31 gave you great advise, and if you cannot afford to buy the flower fuel, just go with his recommandations, since you’re close to harvest, just expect some nitrogen excess and maybe a lack of potash…

Hoping that’s helping you Tech1…,

~Al :v: :innocent:

6 Likes

Thanks Al! @Niala

2 Likes

I’m using Scott’s and some of my strains are doing fine. I guess different strains have different requirements. They all get yellow fans near the end as the blooms steal nitrogen from the fans. At harvest you should have little green sugar leaves but hardly any fans. The plant decides when they die!

1 Like

I have the fox farm fertilizers but I now have access to chicken poop. My question is which would be better. I have heard a lot of good things about chicken fert. This is my first grow.

Chicken manure is considered VERY HOT (nitrogen rich) by organic farmers. They throw it in the compost heap for a year before they use it on any plants. If you do use it, dilute it with a lot of water so you don’t burn your plants. You can get scientific about it: Look up chicken manure nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus content and compare it to some commercial cannabis fertilizer. You want to know Part Per Million or Part Per Thousand. If the chicken manure has the right stuff in the right blend and you use the right amount, it should work.

First timer here, now. Indoor grow No idea what is growing, but it's growing - #18 by OlyBoy98503 and going into flower soon. When would I want to begin using Flower Fuel? Should I just follow the instructions, or would you recommend using different amounts at different times?

i found this post searching for fertilizer advice.