Advice Needed for Neophyte Grower

Looking for advice on a leaf browning issue.
What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto) AK47, White Widow, Bubble Gum (Yes, the beginner starter pack)
-Age of plant/what week of flower 10 -14 days
-Method: Organic
-Vessels: Pots,
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) Don’t know, how do I measure?
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable. I have not added fertilizer yet as it is in the potting soil
-Method used to measure PH and TDS. How do I do this
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space. Converted shed 8’x12’,
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other 2-600 W Led
-Actual wattage draw of lights-
-Current Light Schedule 17/7
-Temps; Day, Night 80-90/65-75
-Humidity; Day, Night - High 75-90
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size ,fan in shed
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, no, fan only
-Co2; No

It is summer on the East Coast temperatures will range from 65 to 100. Growing in a shed that is not climate controlled. Plants are a couple weeks old and have brown spotting on some of the leaves. Brown appears to be present on only the AK 47 and white widow. Wondering if issue is nutrition, too much light, too hot?

Are my girls doomed if I don’t have a climate controlled setting? Summer temperatures here will range from 70 to 100 and very humid.

1 Like

Looks like a blueing problem instead of a browning problem. Take photo in white light or flash so we can help. The blue color makes it impossible to diagnose issues.

Photos ofGrow room and plants w flash
strong text

pH and PPM meters are available on Amazon and at most hydro stores. Apera and Bluelab are reputable manufacturers of these type meters.

If you are on the East coast, then high humidity may be a problem for you in flowering when RH should be <40%. Not managing humidity can lead to mold problems. Many of us use dehumidifiers to manage high humidity.

I would strongly suggest you limit your grow to 1 plant per pot. They may mature differently and you don’t want the root systems choking each other out and competing for water and nutrients.

1 Like

Thank you. I plan to reduce to one plant per pot but waiting to see which plant look the heartiest. Only permitted to grow 4 in state.

Update on plants and more questions

Just had to move my plants off the table onto the floor so there are now 3 to 3 1/2 feet from the grow lights. Is it all right if I turn on the veg and bloom lights since they’re farther away from the lights? Using 2 Vipar Spectra V600s led lights. Also getting some brown spots on one plant and have drooping leaves on another. Not sure if the brown spots may be nutritional and the drooping leaves may be overwatering. Any insight would be appreciated.