Advice needed about storing kief

From a fellow grower: I’m storing my kief I collect with my grinder in a glass airtight glass jar. Should I put a small hygrometer and a 62 percent small humidity pack? I’ll be using the kief once I carboxylate it before I infuse it in my cannabutter for Edibles and I might make some into hash. Also where’s the best place to store my glass jar of kief?

2 Likes

The hygrometer and humidity packs aren’t really necessary, but I would store in a dark jar.

3 Likes

Opaque jar. Cool place. No humidity. I thought this said “advice about SNORTING kief” and almost died.

4 Likes

Oh my @Borderryan22 …the mind and eyes plays some weird …lol

2 Likes

First, im glad your airtight glass jar is madeof glass. All of the best glass jars are made of some kind of glass. Now im done practicing my comedy routine( you wont find me doing any hbo specials ) we typically have a couple oz of kief on hand but it doesnt last long as she makes a lot of edibles so usually just kept in some small plastic weed containers that come from the dispensary but it got too dry like a rock and was difficult to remove so an airtight glass jar w a boveda works better. Dark is important as light is not kind to thc.

2 Likes

Would storing the kief in a jar in the freezer do any damage?

2 Likes

@Hogbud If it’s sealed and air tight it won’t hurt a thing.
:v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes