Advice needed about grow lights

From a fellow grower:
I just ordered a 600 watt metal halide for all 20 seedlings. That should do the trick right? I think it must be the light I am using. An 80 watt led full spectrum 4’ tubes with diodes. My seedlings are very spindly.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. There is a few growers still using bulbs but most have switched to LED lighting.
Tell us a little more about your plans and setup. How large of a grow space do you have?
I grow in a 3x4 indoor tent and can only fit two plants. 20 plants is quite ambitious.
Look forward to your reply. We are a very helpful group.

BTW, whatever you are using for light right now is too far away. Those plants are stretching because of low light intensity. If you can move it closer it will help. Unless its too hot.

1 Like

How far are your plants from the light source? If they’re spindly and stretched they are reaching for more light. At 80 watts you can probably move them at 12” from light source.

1 Like

I just reread the OPs comments. A 4 foot led tube light. Probably could go as close as 4 inches.

1 Like

Hey @ConcreteBudz wanna post a pic of your current state? It’ll give this new grower an idea of what 20 plants will quickly evolve into.

2 Likes

Here is one of his pics…
I cant imagine 20.

5 Likes

@Spiney_norman thank you!!

2 Likes

Very nice grow. Keep us posted on your grow… great growing. :bat: :rofl:

1 Like

Not mine, just found and posted his picture. Belongs to ConcreteBudz

Edit: How I wish it was mine though

3 Likes

Thanks, still a very impressive grow. :bat: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@thecount13 and still way under what this original poster is attempting with ‘a’ light. They’ll need to increase that or someone’s getting wonder why their weed ain’t growing in the shade lol……

Yes correct lights are the issue with most of us. We need proper lights to get the results. :bat:

1 Like

A 600w MH won’t take 20 plants to completion.

3 Likes

Agreed. I’ve got 4 under 480W full spectrum LED. I don’t even know where I’d PUT 20. Would take my whole office - which is my grow room!

1 Like

Thank you fellas! Sorry a little behind on updates. Yeah you might end up gifting some of those out or moving them outside haha thats alot specially for one 600 watt light. But looking good there just gonna require more lighting is all and space lol ALOT of space. I have 12 plants on my main floor and as you can see it gets crowded hahahaha heres last night. I took a 5gal bucket and half of trim and little branches last night. Hard to tell haha

4 Likes