Advice for Flower boosters

I’m new to using Flower boosters. I have found a product called Flower Fuel. Says I will have to use base nutrient with it. Is this worth to get? Or is there any other Flower Booster I can use without a base nutrient? I am getting a ppm meter also. Is there any flower booster that won’t affect the ppm and pH? Does organic super soil already have base nutrients in it? I have been told too stay away from any time release fertilizer. I’m willing to use any flower booster that’s simple to use.

Yes time release nutrients can be extremely challenging to regulate. I’m not familiar with flower fuel, I use the fox farm trio. And usually super soil requires no nutes you just add teas.

1 Like

Does it work good like notice a difference? I’m up for anything. I’ve never used fertilizer like that before. Will it work for organic super soil? I’ve heard about fox farm but never used them. With any fertilizer I will have to check only runoff ppm right? Or just check the water I am using? So basically super soil has everything in it? I feel like in veg it takes most nutes away from flower stage. Teas can help buds get bigger? @SKORPION

It shows that I don’t know anything about ppm or fertilizers :rofl: I feel like if I know how to get it perfect ppm and right flower booster I will have better luck getting more weight on plants.

This chart shows the amounts always start at 1/2 dosage and it shows the proper ppm at the top. You check the ppm from the water runoff or the water that drains out the bottom of the pot. Never messed with super soil @garrigan62 is the soil guru he could be more help.

1 Like

Can I be fine with 1100 ppm during flower stage? Also will flower booster boost ppm as well? How will I be able to boost ppm through soil do I just get ppm right with pH water in gallon? That’s what I’m confused about. I’ve read more about flower fuel and it says it can bump up ppm @SKORPION

Yeah I pour in straight water then test it.lets say the ppm is 400 and I want 1200. Then I fill up the water again put my additives in until I reach 800 then add it. 400 plus 800 should give me my desired 1200. The next time I water with plain water then the time after I repeat.

1 Like

Flower Booster is considered additives? I think I get what your saying. 1200 ppm should be alright for whole flower stage right? I have checked pH runoff it’s perfect at 6.5. Usually if pH run off is at the same as when I pH water in gallon the ppm should be same in runoff right? @SKORPION

I consider an additive anything that you add. But you can see on the chart you know want it a little higher but it was an example.

1 Like

In your opinion what’s the safest ppm it should be at? If I do use something like fox farm trio will I have to use any base nutrient? @SKORPION

I will run mine anywhere from 1200 to 1800.

1 Like

Do you think nothing higher than 1800 ppm and minimum of 1200 ppm will be fine for flower? I don’t wanna overdo it @SKORPION

1 Like

Sounds good right in there sometimes the chart says you can go up to 2100 some weeks but that makes me too nervous.

1 Like

Do you think using about 1750 through early stage to late flower should be okay? Like not change it throughout flower stage? “If” I do use flower fuel it says use with your favorite base nutrients when it says that what will I need to use with it? @SKORPION

That’s how I do it just stop giving it anything the last few weeks before harvest. The fan leaves will yellow but that’s the desired effect you want it to cannibalise itself and focus on buds and disregard the leaves.

1 Like

About how many weeks should I stop using it roughly? Like stop at week 7 flower? This is what company says about flower fuel.

@SKORPION

1 Like

Generally 2 to 3 weeks before harvest.

1 Like

Okay. That’s what I found on that flower fuel booster. So basically I would need to just use this stuff and cal-mag? Since it has zero calcium and very very little nitrogen? @SKORPION

1 Like

Should be fine if it’s not you will see some discoloration just snap a pic and post it on the forum

1 Like

Since you use 1200ppm to 1800ppm I want to try that range. I just still don’t get how to change soil runoff ppm. I’ll post ppm from run off and ppm from gallon jug when I get ppm meter. @SKORPION