Advice about calcium deficiency?

Just noticed on 4 out of 6 of my girls I’ve got some yellowish brown spots. Some have more than others and some none at all. Only sprouted 5)5 and have 6 sets of leaves. Growing in soil and haven’t given any nutes yet. I was going to start next watering. I’m watering 500 ml every other day missing in between. I’ve looked around and the possibilities I’ve come up with so far are calcium deficiency or a root problem.

1 Like

@Laurap were gonna need some pics in white or natural light. Also a support ticket would be extremely helpful!

2 Likes

Thanks Bob, it will be in the morning before I can send a pic & I’ll copy & fill out support ticket as well.
Thanks for reminder, I forgot about ticket and getting as info as much would tell the tale.
Thanks😀

1 Like

Ok kiddo no worries! I’ve got a few charts that I will post now so you have them.

@Laurap a couple of quick things… Stop misting for now. Your plants are probably too big for that and you need to not water them on a schedule but when they need it. Just an FYI .

Still need the pics and ticket!

2 Likes

@Laurap’ could u put up a pic or two in clear light no L E D PLEASE

WILL

2 Likes

Growing Marijuana Forum by Robert Bergman’s I Love Growing Marijuana

Fill out a “Support Ticket”
Beginner
Grow FAQs
1 / 4

ILGMquestions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, ILGM seeds , Amnesia haze & Ak47

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Organic soil, worm castings & coir

System type?400Mh, Hp

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?6.5

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
No nutes yet
Indoor or Outdoor
Indoor
Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night
73° to 77°
Humidity; Day, Night
?
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Exhaust, two 6" fans, & 260 cfm duct fan at bottom to bring in more air
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Installed window a/c beside tent to lower temps

Co2;

@bob31 said to stop misting & have been watering only 500 ml every other day. Only increased to this amount a week ago

They appear to be doing fine growth rates are slightly slower under 400w MH but they do pick up

1 Like

What about the spots on lower leaves?

Doesn’t really look like a cal def to me… But I’m still newbie, especially with soil lol. But I have heard most soil growers give them calmag every few waterings because that’s the nute soil doesn’t have or something. I have 1 plant in a pot of soil that I’m still trying to get phing the water right on n 3 blueberry autos that need to sprout n start growing so I can transplant them in to there big homes n then be moved to there future home in the woods xD. To me those few spots look like maybe water was on the leaves when the lights turned on or maybe a lil bit of heat stress. I know you were saying your grow spot gets hot. TBH I don’t think it’s anything to worry about. Start feeding em 1/4 str nutes every other water n they’ll probably start getting huuuge :wink:

1 Like

As always got my back. @Tonyb your advice is always welcome.

Drop Burns for PH or the lights from Misting is my view - That Appears to be coco your growing in there is a quote out there “You can not over water in Coco” - (Think it means as long as it has drains.

3 Likes

Can be simple splash burn from condensation or water droplets as for Cal mag you are using mix of organic soil worm castings and coco cal should be avail. I would only worry about Cal mag once every couple of weeks with organic mix shouldn’t even need Cal unless a def shows it can actually build up to excess making you hunt def that aren’t there we can over love our plants.

3 Likes

@Donaldj thank you for giving better advice. If she was going dwc I could probably help a bit more, but this soil thing is like a strange new world to me :x

Have plants in both hydro and soil all the time best way to keep mothers :wink:

Since I am not careful and splash all over i just ran in the room to find you a pic - Just taken you can see the two splash burns right in the middle of the leaf, It is also a lower leaf - Cal Mag is usually not a issue except in Some of the Coco or other bases, Not that I am a expert by no means but have never had a issue with Cal/Mag and I only put 100ml in 15 gallons every 3 watering. That is about once a month
Hope this helped

1 Like

Looks like light burn where there was water on the leaves to long when the lights were on. It could also be the water on the leaves being incorrect ph and if it’s tap water, even if you ph it calcium and other stuff in the water may cause spotting like this.

1 Like

Thanks, it’s not just coir. It’s half organic soil, qtr coir and qtr worm castings. I’ve been worried about overwatering but since I’ve never grown indoors don’t have a clue on watering.

I’ve just now got 6 sets of leaves without nutes. Thinking I should start nutes at least every other watering? I was trying to use a guideline for watering but think they need more as I’ve yet to have any run off