Advanced nutrients help please

Has anyone got experience using advanced nutrients in a hydro setup. Everything was going great with plain water. Then 3 weeks in i started the ph perfect 3 part gmb following the feeding schedule on their app, everything seems to have gone downhill. I’m having a bit of trouble with the b52 additive it seems to be causing a build up on everything including the roots. It looks like they’re turning brown from root rot but I’m sure it’s the b52 additive causing it. Also leaf edges started turning up soon after adding them and I’m sure it’s not from heat stress. Does anyone have any do’s and don’ts using this line of nutrients?
Cheers

@Bjg I’m going to get you some help by tagging a few others. Welcome to ILGM.
@Hogmaster @3high5you @bryan @Donaldj @Sirsmokes @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

could you get us some pictures to look at @Bjg

I use the full line in Dwc but what exactly is wrong? @Bjg

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
Northern lights
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
Hydroponic
System type?
RDWC x4 pots
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
6-6.5 + chiller set at 19 degrees
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
660ppm

Indoor or Outdoor
Indoor
Light system, size?
Kind k5 750 set at 50%
Temps; Day, Night
Day26-28 night18-20
Humidity; Day, Night
40-50%
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
6inch out 4inch in + 2x oscillating fans
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
No
Co2; Yes, No
No
Ive tried to follow the advanced nutrients 3 part schedule week 1. The b52 supplement seems to leave a brown residue on everything. Leaves on one plant started to cup looks like heat stress. They were looking good with plain ph tap water then added nutrients as per schedule at 1/4 strength base nutrient and full strength supplements. The roots seem to be growing but pretty slow.
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

Bit hard to see under lights but the roots have a brown sludge looking like root rot. And leaves are cupping pretty bad all over. Growth is pretty slow
@Noctis420 @BIGE

Ph is a little high for hydro. I think it should be about 5.8 @Bjg I’ll let @BIGE confirm that. That’s just the first thing that jumps out.

I had it at 5.8 with plain water and it would rise slowly and would only take a small amount of ph down to bring it back. Since adding nutrients it was about 6.5 left it for 2 days noticed the slight unhappy plants so i added a fair amount of ph down to get to 6 didn’t want to add anymore this morning and then by this afternoon its back to 6.5

@Donaldj is our hydro guy @Bjg he can help…

don’t add it then you don’t need to use entire line you can omit some things if you wish and tweak others

indeed ph not so perfect is what I call the product myself

3 Likes

do you use a wetting agent? hydrogaurd
would this help @Donaldj

I use the pH perfect line from advanced nutrients. If you are using the pH perfect and still adding ph down that is your problem. Can’t mix the 2 because of the pH buffers in the nutrients.

6 Likes

I too quit using the b-52 on a regular basis they get it for a cpl weeks in veg that’s it. And just until this bottle is gone I grew one with and one without using it and I see no difference

3 Likes

The details are in Celsius so could be Can UK Aus hydrodguard is not avail or legal to sell in here in Canada so I’ve never used it :wink: I would flush system with clean water h2o2 then add fresh nutes without additives adjust ph after first 24hr’s and see if it was indeed the cause of browning

2 Likes

Do you think a stronger nutrient mix would bring ph down a bit I’m only mixing 1ml per litre of grow micro and bloom. And 2ml per litre of b52 and voodoo juice. Just don’t want to over do it

The first sign they had issues with the ph perfect claim was when they came out with super concentrated ph down :wink: No company can control shelf life of millions in inventory when they send it to hydroshops world wide and they wouldn’t want to recall old stock rather they came up with adjusters so you could still tweak the ph. Ph range should be 5.5-6.1 and in their video’s with RO and all additives always lands at 5.8 ? so 6-6.6 is definitely out of range

2 Likes

Your dosing is fine you could be at 2ml MGB and in a couple weeks you would want to raise to 3-4ml MGB I would do away with the B52 and flush system as I suggested then adjust ph. For all the hype they give about it being perfect they did make the products to adjust it too :wink:

2 Likes

That’s good to know because I was told not to mix the two by a sales rep. No big surprise tho.

1 Like

They do have good advertising I’ll give them that. But I’ve had much better progress from another brand at a fraction of the cost. I figured the price of advanced would mean they were something pretty special.

I just ignore the words “pH perfect”. I mean, it’s not bad, but I always have to adjust.

I’ve only used the products in soil, myself.

2 Likes