Advanced nutrients feeding schedule

Just ordered the meter… so with that coming in the mail I just measure the nutrients water before feeding and then measure the runoff ? Yeah you are a big help and I will definitely be tagging you

1 Like

Yes that is correct :+1:

1 Like

Sounds good. I’m pretty new to coco but I have a good handle on it. Some people feed every other day, some people feed every other watering. Don’t worry about this though you will figure it out I know you will :+1:

1 Like

I’m using soil fox farm ocean Forest would like to get into a DWC but I gotta get this down first. Thank you for all your help you’ll be hearing from me soon :joy:

Oh okay. That has nutrients in it already I wouldn’t feed at all

Oh man really??

Haha my bad. You do want to use the calmag then.

Yeah if you feed it will probably get burnt for sure. Sometimes its kind of strong for small plants so I’ve heard. I haven’t used soil in over 15 years.

1 Like

Here check this out Does the Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil need additional nutrients? - #2 by Paranorman

1 Like

Okay yes I have read not to feed right away my 2 plants are almost a month old just transplanted today into 5 gallon grow bags today(hope they make it) my dumba$$ put 2 plants in a 2.25 gallon pot :roll_eyes: today was a little hectic.

1 Like

I feel your pain I had 3 plants in a tiny diy Walmart small plastic Tupperware container that I didn’t get to transplant in time and all the roots grew into each other. I shocked the two plants I didn’t transplant really bad I ended up culling them. They literally fell right over lol.

1 Like

So 5g of ffof? You probably won’t have to feed for quite some time. The ppm meter will definitely help. Just check the runoff with the first watering and see where your at, that’s what I would do. Unfortunately I’m not a full on soil grower but I can still try to help.

1 Like

Nice brother

1 Like

@Noctis420 I should be getting my ppm meter by Friday so I will let you know the ppm … also which ppm range should I be looking for ?

Update: I just checked on the girls and they don’t look dead or anything actually look like they are growing maybe I did a good job :man_shrugging:

@Noctis420 just look at metric to standard conversion tables online and you should be A Ok :slight_smile:

Forgot to add in, that you should call the guys at Advanced Nutrients, they are super helpful and will answer any questions you may have.

1 Like

I’m not really sure where you’re ppm will be at. From what I’m reading it’s a “hot” soil and it’s in the thousands. Did you mix anything with the soil or did you use it as is?

Hey I’m just helping out @ArtVandelay this post is from 2017. Thanks for the tips tho :joy:

Glad they are looking good. Keep me posted. Watch the edges of the leaves. If they start to turn yellow and crispy you got nute burn. In my last grow my strawberry cough got some burn on it. Here is a pic so you know what to look for. I do have a Journal on here if you want to look at it. Best of luck.

2 Likes