Advanced nutrients feeding schedule

1/4 tsp equals 1.25ml.

2 Likes

I bought the snensi coco nutrients as well but struggling with feed chart could you please show me your one ?

1 Like

i go by the bottle instructions my friend…

@Noctis420 thanks for letting people know how to use Advanced Nutrients with seedlings. I have some questions but I will first describe my problems with my last grow.
I did my first grow in coco with 4 seedlings two months ago and had a lot of problems. I started feeding after i put the seedlings from my peat moss plugs into the coco and gave them 1ml of AN Sensi Coco. They did grow the first one and a half week without problems, roots were white and the leaves didn’t look dark or had any tip burn, first i transplanted them into beer cups and a week later they needed another transplant because a lot of roots looked out of the drainage holes that i cut into the beer cups to get always some runoff.
I transplanted the seedlings into 2l pots and added always 1ml/l sensi Coco Grow (i didn’t found any information about how to feed seedlings and the bottle say 1ml/l for seedlings) . 4 days later i saw that the lowest leafs started to get brown from the tips and edges, like in the picture on this thread, but the leafs started to turn brown very quickly and i didn’t know it was the fertilizer. And the problem didn’t stopped and i lost really much leafs and after four weeks of grow i did transplant them into 7l pots and started flowing. Roots looked white/thick n healthy.
After two weeks in flowering the plants didn’t show any bud development and had stretches like crazy and the leafs still died. After around 4 weeks of flower the buds were like a plant after two weeks of the flower stage, i did grow the same seeds often in bio soils and i saw that it wasn’t normal. I also tried to search what the brown dying lower leafs are but i couldn’t find good informations and i never had those problems with plants in soil so it was new to me :confused: i checked the runoff ph and ec and they were always exactly what i gave the plants like 5.7ph and ec 1.5 and the runoff was the same. In week 4 the leafs stopped dying but the buds didn’t swell and in week 5 i noticed the ph in the runoff water dropped very low to around 4.5. I started to flush all salts out but the ph didn’t come back and i dropped the ec to 1.0 sensi bloom 2ml/l.
After this week i noticed that they started with the bud growth but the plants only had a 7 to 8week bloom cycle and they just didn’t got good buds, they were very leafy and also the harvest had a hay smell and the turn wasn’t really good…
I did now many hours of research on different grow forums and everyone said different things how to feed seedlings hydroponic/coco coir and i found the information what you wrote some time ago in this forum.
I know my problem was the feeding from day one and all the symptoms/leafy buds/hay smell comes from nitrogen overfeeding, i looked often at the plants in flower and also in the grow stage but they never had dark green leafs/no clawing just the dying leafs from the bottom that stopped in the flowering stage.
So i have some questions for my next grow.
You say to start feeding in week three (do you count day one after the seedling break the ground?)
Did you water with tap water in the first weeks before you used the advanced nutrients? I would water with osmosis water but i read that osmosis water can pull nutrients out of the plants seedlings if no nutrients are added to the ro water. Did you use ro water? And if you used osmosis water have you cut some tap water back to it or did you add around 0.1-0.2 calmag products?
Im not sure if i should use osmosis water for my next grow and if i should just add some calmag or tap water back to bring the ec from 0 to 0.1-0.2.
Have you ph’ed the first two weeks the water you used for your seedlings?
Sorry for the stupid questions and im not sure if i need to wait also so long for the first feedings in coco coir because you used a hydroponic system.
If i see that my seedlings turn yellow i will start a low feeding.
You said you started 1/4tbs in week three, how much ml/l is this or what ec did you have with your first feeding? If i use 1ml/l my ec is 0.5 and my ro water has 0.0ec so if i would start at 0.5ml/l i would get an ec around 0.25.
I want to do everything right the next grow and ask everything for what im not sure like the ro water causing nutrients getting pulled out of the seedlings.
On other websites they all say to start feeding in coco from day one with seedlings, i found an article from bigbudsmagazin(they make advertising for advanced nutrients or the website is owned by AN but im not sure) and they feed seedlings after the first true leaf has grown (serrated leafs) so after the round seedling leaf the first serrated leaf would be the next and after that they start to feed around 10-15% of the full dosage, that would be 0.4ml/l around 200ppm. Really confusing because everyone says something different about feeding :joy: had the seedlings no yellowing because you added the first feed at week 3? I always thought you give seedlings a small dosage of nutrients because in soil they also have some nutrients in it if you use a light mix with around 1.0ec :thinking:

Sorry for my bad English and all the stupid questions/long texts and i hope you can give me some tips for my questions. I will start some seeds in around 2 to 4 weeks and i would upload some pictures how it works for me if that’s ok and if i have some more questions i would ask here.
Peace

1 Like

Hey @Herz420 Let me help you out. I start all my seedlings with distilled water and I don’t ever ph anything. For me there is no need in Phing my water. The only time I check ph is if i see problems occurring. I use the ph perfect line which is usually right on the money for me for at least 7 days. I don’t really know what the ec is I use a ppm meter. I rarely use this too unless I’m curious about it or again having problems.
I know DWC is a bit different than coco. What exactly are you using? Is it just a coco brick and perlite or something else. Something like fox farms Bush doctor coco loco has nutrients in it too.

The way I start my seeds is similar to coco though, because I just plant in rapid rooters which have no nutrients in them. I drop the seed, cover it with small pieces of the rapid rooter, spray some distilled on it and I put them in a seed starting kit with a dome and some water in the bottom. I have learned that they do get hungry fast sometimes so watch the cotyledons once they sprout. If they start to yellow give the first feeding or if it’s been about a week to a week an 1/2 I would probably start feeding. You really have to watch there growth the plant will tell you.if the plant is stretching like crazy then it’s to far from the light. I use the 3 part base. Micro, Grow and Bloom. My first feeding is at 1/4 tsp which is the weakest strength this is only 1.25ml.
In my first feeding I use Calmag, Micro, Grow, Bloom, Voodoo Juice, Piranha, Tarantula and some hydroguard. Hydroguard helps the roots dramatically and is a bonticare product. I highly recommend you use it if you don’t already. It doesn’t mess with the ph at all because it’s for the roots only.
So you probably would start somewhere at the 200 to 300ppm mark. Start out slow and increase in small increments over the weeks. You can start at 15 to 20% if you want. What size pot do you have planned for the begging and final transplant? I transplant mine to a DIY dwc which is a little container from Walmart. I’ll let you know the exact size later on. Then once they have roots and they get pretty strong there I transplant into the 5gallon buckets.

I use RO water for my regular feedings and with coco coir the medium will hold onto calmag leeching it from the plants so you must feed them a bit extra. I have never heard of ro water taking nutrients from the seedling besides stealing the calmag. Advanced nutrients makes a product specifically for coco as well. I’m always putting CalMag in every feeding and sometimes I have to put more than normal depending on what strain I’m growing. When I used tap water I would air it out for 24 to 48 hrs and then use it. I never had to add as much calmag to the tap because my city water is rich in those nutrients. Also never follow the dosage of the bottle or your plants will die fast.

As for the yellowing it could of been several things nutrient lockout, ph swing, rootbound, overwatering…etc… I can’t say for sure. Pictures might help in that situation. If and when you plant your seeds just start a Journal and I can help you and I’m sure others will follow along and help too. Hopefully this helps and if you have more questions ask away.

Happy growing :seedling:

Did that chart come with the ph perfect solution?

I used these nutes for the first time at about your stage and my nysd looks like that with the brown tips and curled leaves. Im going back to general hydroponics…

1 Like

If you are looking for feeding schedule there’s an app for that. It’s call budlabs.

When using feeding I use half the recommended amount because I believe that amount is per week

1 Like

I take mine as a total per week and split into two batches. Water until I get about 20% run off everytime. Seems to work great for me. And every other feeding I give a shot of calmag lowdose.

@bob31 hey I have advanced nutrients sensi grow a&b and sensi cal mag extra, so for each gallon of water I would put 8ml of each sensi grow a&b and the same of cal mag ? Could you help me do a feeding schedule ?

So add 2 ml per gallon??? I’m so confused

Seems like you got some good advice so far. I actually haven’t used the calmag in the coco coir with the sensi coco grow or bloom. I have not gotten a calmag issue at all. You want to slowly increase your feed each week like hellraiser has said. I start out with 1/4ml then go to 1.25ml then 5ml , 10 and cap out at 15ml. I never feed more than 15ml of base in one gal and I feed several times a week. The plants will tell you what they want.

1 Like

So my first week would be 1/4 a&b sensi grow. Then 15ml of voodoo juice, Piranha and tarantula. I also put hydroguard 2ml. They are all additives that aren’t required but they are microbes to help the roots. It’s really strong stuff so less is more in my opinion. @ArtVandelay

1 Like

@Noctis420 is my first feeding would be something like this 1ml(each) a&b… 2nd week 2ml(each) a&b week 3 4ml(each) a&b ?

I saw this on the budlabs so I would 1/4 those reading correct ?

1 Like

Yeah that’s right. I just increase based on my measuring spoons that I have.You really have to watch the growth. In the beginning you might not feed more than once a week with the 1/4 but, If the plant starts turning yellow in the middle of the week you might want to feed again. In my opinion if you feed 1/4 and say 5 days later it grew a good amount then it eat those nutrients or at least most of them so technically they wouldn’t be getting a much bigger dose in that next 1/4 feeding. Also when you water with plain water then it washes away the nutrients too. To guarantee on how much its getting just water with plain water and check the ppm with the runoff. Make sure you test the feeding going in so you know what ppm went in.

1 Like

If you are looking at the overall feed then it would be over 1/4 but it’s a really light feeding. Also I don’t use the b 52 until week 3. The bottles say different stuff then that calculator so I don’t really rely on it anymore.

1 Like

I hope this is helping you. Here is some of my plants currently growing. One is in dwc though.

1 Like

Yes this actually helps a lot, I don’t understand why I don’t get the easiest things. So week 1 = 4 ml for the week. So let’s say i want to do 1/2 dose instead of 1/4 I would do 2ml a&b week 2 = 4ml etc etc… I don’t want to get nutrient burn do you think 1/2 dose would be to much. I have to look into b-52. Also which ppm meter do you use I just ordered the apera ph20 meter don’t think it reads ppm. And those plants look beautiful this is my first grow(obviously) I wanted to do DWC to begin with don’t know why I didn’t.

1 Like

Ok I was wrong with the ml. These are the increments I use until I reach 15ml. However you can do it whatever way you want this is just the easiest imo.

1 Like

Great! I’m glad this is helping. That is a great ph tester I own the same one. I’ll help you every step of the way when I can my friend.

Sadly the ppm meter I got it currently unavailable but this one will probably work just as good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirect/picassoRedirect.html/ref=pa_sp_phone_search_atf_aps_sr_pg1_2?ie=UTF8&adId=A07563262FNF4KQKADNNX&url=%2FLxuemlu-Professional-Temperature-0-9999ppm-Aquariums%2Fdp%2FB079DN9DRS%2Fref%3Dmp_s_a_1_2_sspa%3Fdchild%3D1%26keywords%3Dppm%2Bmeter%26qid%3D1593063414%26sr%3D8-2-spons%26psc%3D1&qualifier=1593063414&id=8606111600240157&widgetName=sp_phone_search_atf

1 Like