Advanced nutes and bud candy

Wanted to ask forum : How helpful are advanced nutes like bud candy and would you use them in combo with other nutes?

1 Like

I have never used them myself but I’m sure if used properly they would be beneficial
I use the entire line of fox farms brand and definitely saw a difference in my grow once I started using the whole line and not just the liquid trio
Imo it best to use a full line of nutes and not mix brands
Not sure if this was helpful or not

2 Likes

Be careful this changes the taste - I always use a flush but not a flavored one - Be careful or you will have a giant mason jar of weed that tastes like cotton candy or Strawberry

However How i flush
last 15 days of flowering i use a Flush with water only to for the first 10 days, I then let them dry out (No water 3 days) - Last two days i use very light flush and Tons of Pure RO water -
I grow high end products so have to make sure there is no fertilizer or chemical taste.

2 Likes

I’m using gen hydro products and doing well.

1 Like

So last 15 flush daily with ro water? Is there a certain flush to use? @StormTrooperweed

1 Like

So far I am really liking the advanced nutrients line, there is some wonderful cali certified organic nutes they released. I currently am using sensi grow n bloom and bud candy, then flush with flawless finish. Their more natural line is Iguana juice and ancient earth for bloom burst.

2 Likes

I’m slow on learning about advanced nutes. Ordered bud candy yesterday and at least need a good flush. Think even though will be three weeks into flower it would be helpful? Also don’t I need to stop 2 weeks before harvest?
I gotta get into City and find hydro store. Been looking up advanced nutes to try to find out if it’ll still be helpful. Girls have been on the trio of nutes since veggie.

@Laurap

2 Likes

Thanks sweet, headed to azon now

Amazon, sorry just got up

Hello @Laurap, I use AN and with regards to bud candy you might want to check their online nutrient calculator. Under the expert grower tab bud candy is supposed to be in the nute solution for all weeks of flower but the final flush as it’s a magnesium additive
Hope this helps, by the way I have their whole line but I grow in an inert medium i.e. Sunshine #4 so no nutes in my “soil” at all

2 Likes

Yeah ever since asking, I’ve been looking online and think best to use the bud candy on next grow. Liking their products from what I’ve read

1 Like

Laura that is what i use also Flawless finish good stuff -

1 Like

I ordered the bud candy but won’t be able to use till next grow . It won’t arrive till we’d and I’ll be I’m third week of flowering. Are you using all their products and if so assuming you like the?

1 Like

No just the Flawless finish - I use the Alaska line - Works fine for me and the COCO product line

1 Like

I use the trio and bud candy…the bud candy seems to work good but seeing this is my first indoor grow I really only got my outdoor grow last summer that I used molasses to compare to …these buds are definitely more dense and sticky…it says on container to use it during weeks 1 thru 6 then I stopped all nutes and replace with molasses on my feeding schedule once a week skipping it the last week of coarse always ph’d to 6.5 hope this is helpful :grinning:

1 Like

Do you use a finishing flush or straight to water at the end?

Water and blackstrap molasses unsulfered and just water the last week

3 Likes

So you don’t flush with plain water right you use the flawless finish? @Nugs

Anyone know what I can flush my plants with last 2 weeks of flowering that will give my harvest a lemon scent and taste that wont kill my plants?