Advance nutrients trio or iguana juice vs jungle juice

That’s great I like the hole hands on, or just sort of stand back way with there Bio-Nova products I hope to learn alot about exactly which strain takes to different mixes off nutes I’m happy I have at least give you something to consider il follow along for the ride anyway :v:.

2 Likes

I have just looked at all the bio nova products and i wouldnt know what to get for starters what do u recomend. @Johnzy81

1 Like

I am using at the moment there, BN Roots, Grow, bloom, I also used there Calcium, Magnesium, Micro-Mix, PK 13-14, K20 potassium only in the last 2 weeks off flowering with that, and with this grow I’m interested in seeing if there is any benefits from there Missing Link product I will get to compare it with the Biobizz Heaven .

1 Like

Thats a good idea and i might just stick to what i was going to get anyway and see hw it works for me tht way i will have ur info and my info and tht way i will have 3 brands to compare and decide. But what i have learnt aswell is tht were you live makes a contributing factor in how nutrients work. What might work for someone in UK might not work the same way as someone in the USA or somewhere its alot warmer year round compared to the UK. Even water etc aswell since our tap can be used with little issue. Think i will defo try something different.

Personally, I would not use any A.N. Products. Most are copied from other brands. I had a real bad experience with Jungle Juice or Iguana years ago when using several different A.N. Products. It caused me to move on. I have not used any A.N. Products in 8 years or so, and do not recommend most of them.

Can I ask; What nutrient have you used in the past?

For beginners, I recommend as mentioned GH 3-part to start with. very good, used by NASA, We all have a lot of experience with it.

Or; I am currently using and loving the production quality and ease odf use…Try ILGM Flower Power Starter pack. Goo for 3-4 plants, and is very affordable. i love it because it comes with: Start (1/2 tsp. per gallon) for seedlings after 4-5 nodes, Grow (1/2 tsp. per gallon), Bloom (3/4 tsp. per gallon), and Boost (1/4-1/2 tsp. per gallon). \All you need to produce a successful grow.

All I have do to make a gallon is add the measured amount in a gallon jug and add my well water. my well water is almost neutral PH, so when the F.P. bufers the PH it is about 6.4-6.6 Fine for soil and Promix. Some recommend lower PH for Promix but, I have gotten better results treating Promix more like soil in regard to PH. (2 years experimenting).

ILGM Flower Power also offers an Organic :Bio line" to amend the soil you are using. @garrigan62 has used this and could offer some review of the product. (Sorry, it appears we are no longer offering the organic system. I am going to check) Meanwhile…

I suggest you check this out!

I love this stuff. Easiest growing I have done in 13 years :smiley: Peace, lw

p.s. @Hogmaster also has used this and loves it.

4 Likes

I use spacebuckets as well. Can you post a picture of yours?

I veg in spacebuckets and flower in my tent.

1 Like

Glad to hear that you use space buckets maybe u can help me out. Aswell. Its my first attempt and as youll see its a bit of a rushed job. But if i can get it to work for me i have alot bigger buckets to do a better and more of them . @HJL

I started with these.

Now I’m working on these 32 gallon

20180225_185240

I’m trying to figure out how to make the double ones light proof where the top one sits on the bottom one. Was thinking of some black material that stretches but also doesn’t let the light in.

2 Likes

Wow thy are far better thn mine. I only used 10litre buckets and i used about 8 of them stacked up and cut out etc i will post some pics of it at this moment. I built it to see 1. If i could build one 2. To see if it works for me. And lastly i am wanting to make a totaly automated with built in camera’s aswell so there is little to no disruptions. So building this first 1 was a to see how easy thy r to build.

Are you using CFL’s or LED’s?

Eventually I will have to switch over to all LED’s because it is getting harder and harder to find CFL’s where I live. Everything is switching over to LED.

I just purchased some LED strips to see if they will work in the buckets.

1 Like

Here’s one of my girls in her bucket home.

3 Likes

Oh wow she is gorgeous. I have 4unknow seeds on the go just now for teaching purposes i was given a bag of 100 or so i thought i can use them to learn with so rhat i do spoil or ruin my good seeds. Mine are just over 2wks from seed but thy are tiny atm but am not using my big lights on them atm am trying things out. Anyway here are some pics of my bad attempt at a spacebucket.

There as you can see not the greatest of jobs. But it hopefully works. Am thinking of getting a more powerful led for it however not sure yet lets see how it turns out.

2 Likes

Not that bad of a job. As long as it works that’s what maters. Looks like you only have the one led at the top. I have one of these with five 16w 5000k LED’s in one of my large double cans. Gives out about 77 actual watts. I also have a 7 bulb adapter in my grow tent for extra lighting.

20180104_07524320180104_075237

https://www.amazon.com/Vktech®-Socket-Splitter-Adapter-Holder/dp/B017B8JA8G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1521641323&sr=8-4&keywords=light+splitter

https://www.amazon.com/LingStar-Socket-Splitter-Adapter-Building/dp/B01I11QZ2G/ref=pd_bxgy_60_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01I11QZ2G&pd_rd_r=PJ6RHVYGG6G2NGZPDJ9N&pd_rd_w=BGLHs&pd_rd_wg=OuF30&psc=1&refRID=PJ6RHVYGG6G2NGZPDJ9N

2 Likes

No my friend i have the 4way on like u have but in total am using 250w all in but as u saw i have the strip lights going all the way round my bucket with 1 exception i have another peace that i can use if i need height. But tht has no lights or anything. However i have a issue with my humidity its around 75 to 90% . Wen lights go out the humidity gets high as 90% and gets as low as 23% but tht tells me it needs water. However i am concerned tht the seedling i put into it hasnt taken to it yet as i started all 4 together but took one and put it in the spacebucket now the 3 in my LITTLE home made grow box were i will keep them for around 3wks depending on size etc. However the one in the bucket isnt growing like the others infact it doesnt seem to have grown at all in the past 4/5days. Al wait couple more days since i have never grown regular or Feminized seeds i have only grown auto’s which can be less hassle or can be more hassle depending on if u have any issues or not. As wen u do have an issue with autos u cant always save them because thy are on a countdown clock i a call it. We’re as reg and fem seeds need a helping hand to start the flowering process.

I wait till they’re about this big or a little bigger before putting them in a bucket. This one is my Bubba OG that was cloned just over 2 weeks ago. I have my own into small greenhouse for seedlings and clones.

Is that 250 true watts from the wall in one bucket? How many CFL’s / LED’s are you using to get that kind of power?

1 Like

Dont think its true watt my friend the 4 bulbs add upto 175watts and strip lights are 75w so 250w i do need to get myself a meter so i can measure true/actual wattage. @HJL do you know what the name of the machine is tht measures true/actual watt is.

1 Like

I’d think they are stretching the wattage they are telling you. Is there any voltage and current numbers on the power supply for the leds? 75 watts seems pretty high for not having a heatsink.

1 Like

@dbrn32 @latewood @Johnzy81 @HJL @garrigan62 @Shuggz @Countryboyjvd1971. Good morning my friends can you have a look at these items and tell me if thy are ok to buy plz.

thanks guys. Am placing an order tomz and need to figure out stuff i need or stuff i want. First i need a tent i already have 2 300w led so light isnt to important just now but still want new lights will be getting the viparspectra 450w led but not for a while and i need to get more girls on the go asap that will keep me going . Anyway what you all think???

Here is the device you need to measure actual watts from the wall.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00009MDBU/ref=mp_s_a_1_2//?tag=ilovegrowingm-20

1 Like

You stated that your RH is

How many fans do you have in your spacebucket? I see one. You also need one installed on the top to suck air and heat out of the bucket. This might help with your RH issue.

How many girls are you planning to have in that tent? I have a 62 x 122 x 160 cm and although I have 5 in there right now it is crowded. It should really have only 3.

Plus lighting for your tent would be approximately 2.5 x 2.5 = 6.25 sq ft. 50 watts x 5.25 = 313 Actual watts minimum.

If I had to buy a new tent right now I would purchase one that I can stand up in. I am 180 cm. Plus that gives your girls more room to grow plus once you add all your lights and exhaust and carbon filter it takes up head room.

That is a HPS light and I am a LED guy so I cannot comment on that.

1 Like