Adjusting PH levels

Does anyone here adjust ph with anything other than commercially sold ph adjustments?

Sorry…I don’t check the pH. If I knew the answer, I’d let you know.

1 Like

I think you can just use something like this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000BNKWZY?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

1 Like

Citric acid, vinegar, lemon juice etc for DOWN.

Baking soda for UP

FYI baking soda can not be used long term. The commercial PH down uses phosphoric acid which is a micro-nutrient.

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 will apple cider vinegar hurt if used while waiting for ph down to get in?

2 Likes

No. It’s a pretty good choice. Lemon juice is good too.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 could you help me understand how to use the ph down? I’m not even clear if I can use it. I’m using FFOF soil, can it be used in soil and without a hydroponic system? The instructions just say “add” to nutrient solution. I’m assuming nutrient solution is the water but I’m not even sure on that. If that’s the case, do I just add some, test the water and repeat until I get the ph I want? Then just using lower ph water would lower the ph?

1 Like

Yes, it can be used for soil and hydro applications. Add it to your water after the nutrients have been added. PH down only takes a few drops to make a difference. So add a few drops and check then add a few more if it’s not down to where you want it to be. After a few tries you get the hang of exactly how many drops to add.

2 Likes