Adjust water PH

No worries @Myfriendis410
Many paths to the same destination.

My main goal for growing my own isn’t yield or THC content or other goals like that although they are on the list but more of a healthy choice to know what went into making it and at the same to minimize the impact on Mother Earth.
I try my best to use / buy products made from rock, metal, wood, glass and so on…plastics and petroleum based products suck!
It has its place in our world but us stupid humans have let it completely get out of control and take over our ways of doing things.

I understand commercial growers and considering their bottom line and all that so they want to get the quickest turn around and use what they find gets them there but for us indivual growers using the end product for ourselves I would think one would want the best quality one could get. Again not just weight or THC levels but the whole kit and caboodle.
After all besides saving money instead of buying someone else’s grow I would think a main driving reason would be quality control…ie you know what your getting. Too many instances of our food supply being adulterated and poisonous like GMO corn being fed to cattle along with heavy steroid use and antibiotics that we later drink the milk or eat the beef…and that poison becomes part of our body…and on and on…if the FDA has approved it for use that usually tells me it not something I want to use!
Notice all the commercials with lawyers soliciting for lawsuits for the things that were approved by them? The list will only keep growing and it sucks that we the people are blinded by all the BS and smoke and mirrors used to get us to buy into their crap. Petroleum based food supply sucks…ruining the soil and ultimately yours mine and everyone’s health. All in the name of profits for those really running our country and the world economy. Sad but true.

I know I know I’m a nut job but at this point in my life and what I’ve read and learned over the last year…IDGAF…lol

I just purchased a half ounce the other day…1/4 ounce of 2 diff strains and I gotta tell ya whoever grew it had issues as the taste on one is kinda chemical and the other is a coughing hit.
I know there are procedures and best practices to keep those kind of things from happening but it just makes me wonder what ingredients were used to build those buds…

Back to the original posters question about having to adjust water Ph
The more I learn about growing in living soil the less I see a need to worry about those things.

I have a grow journal but is local here on paper and with pics as I go.
I might take the time at some points to start one here.

I underand your points and in no way am I wanting to be argumentative just that in the short time I’ve been on this forum it’s seems that the majority of people growing for themselves are using ingredients they wouldn’t think of using outside of growing weed and conflicting info about what’s important when growing in live soil versus other options. Took me awhile to be able to separate one from the other…and I think Ph and water for me is low on the important scale although I will continue to monitor that I know if someone is growing outside in the ground that adjusting Ph of the water they use isn’t necessary as long as their ducks are in a row.

Puff puff pass…eeere

HAGD

1 Like

I’ve read that worm castings are the perfect organic fertilizer and it is impossible to over use them.

Does that sound correct?

Also, thank you for everybisy responding on this thread.

1 Like

Also, anybody know a good(cheap) online source for castings?

They are lovely for your plants. Castings are also fairly neutral PH so they introduce into existing soils very well. I’ve also added earthworms in soil. No idea if it helped but they were there til the end.

We have worm bins in our backyard, but the size of our grow will be bigger than our supply.

Amazon worms :flushed: Who knew??

:v:

I’ve read several articles where they exclusively used worm castings as the soil with great success. Just is more $$. I used it in my mix that I’m growing in now and am adding as top dressing more worm castings as I go.
It also makes a great compost tea to feed and foliar spray for the ladies.
What I’ve found is 30lb bags for around $35 zamazon…lol

Many sources out there for it. Check local if you can.

Sounds like you need to scale up your worm farm!

Thanks. Yeah, I guess we could.

I’m getting pretty excited about this grow. I can’t wait to start the grow journal.

@Skydiver

Do you grow outside and what part of the country are you in?

@AAA I grow vege tables outside in the dirt and raised beds
I’m south of Lake Erie … bought 40 miles…it’s fin cold

Nice. We were preparing the ground today in 70 deg sunshine thinking how lucky we are to grow here! But, hsving 4 seasons is great.

Your best outdoor strain, quality spesking?

1 Like

Roma tomatoes…lol
Seeds From the old country …heirloom
I have a bunch of stuff growing but they are in a slow period at the moment…lol
I haven’t grown weed outside for 35 years…this is my first indoor grow

I’m growing some right now, but cannabis speaking?

I’m new to growing Cannabis so to speak.
3 strains going now

Cool. Like your thinking on organics.

Thanks
I am going to start a “growth” journal
Just switched tonight to watering with my straight tap water of about 8.4. As an experiment for my and others evolution.
Only top dressing DTE (Down To Earth) (mostly) ingredients and watering with Boogie Brew compost tea.
Here is what I have to feed the soil…so far…worm castings here just not in pic…

I will start a growth journal tomorrow maybe as now I am pretty hammered lol

Mother Earth will give us and our charges (plants whatever) the needed vitamins to be successful.

Anyway I’m outta here…enjoy your 70 degree temps…I know my girls are!

Nice arsenal! You have stuff I’ve never even seen. I’ll be looking for the journal, once you are “able”.