Adding silica when growing organically?

What’s the best and safest way to add valuable silica to the soil when growing organically that want harm any of the microbes?

1 Like

Wouldn’t you add-mix it in with your watering cycle?
That’s how I add my silica.

3 Likes

It’s my unprofessional opinion that there’s already silica in soil, your plant should be able to get what it needs from the dirt. If you want a liquid Silica supplement anyway, any of them work. Most are all the same, and derived from potash (potassium silicate). Add it to your water first before anything else. Stir well. Then do your normal nutrient mixing or pHing routine and water business as usual.

11 Likes

YUP, thats how I do it, too.

8 Likes

What do you use? I was given some NPK but I’m not to sure about it. Any good?

3 Likes

I bought mine. Half empty bag, now.
My answer,
these are the best looking buds I have ever grown.
FFOF WAS, IS MY BIGGEST ISSUE.
PH issues compounded with broken PH pen.
Added dolomite lime and worm casings.
When is it ready? is my next challange.
I harvested the small one, last night.

8 Likes

You can use Diatomaceous Earth (DE) powder mixed into the planting mix.

2 Likes

I’ve been using this brand.
https://www.amazon.com/True-Organic-Plant-Nutrient-Supplement/dp/B07CX36LW8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=1O5FKLDQ6CS4B&keywords=tps+silica&qid=1670504122&sprefix=tps+silica%2Caps%2C254&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTU9JUFMxTjZWMjVKJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzIwOTM0MUNGUVVNUTM5NDM5USZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjYyMTQ0OVo2RTFWUUM5MjY0JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

4 Likes

Since you are growing organic you should have microbs in your soil, horsetail is a plant that is naturally high in silicon so mix some in your soil before planting or mulch your soil with it after planting and feed your micro herd.

4 Likes

That is AWSOME information! Thanks.

1 Like

Man, those are beautiful! Good job!

2 Likes

I seen that on Amazon as well. Gets good ratings. Thanks for all the info!

3 Likes

I don’t pay for water. Buy silica. Not a quart of water with a 1 tsp of this :arrow_heading_down: added.

Agsil16H Potassium Silicate

My living soil get this added to top dresses

5 Likes

Would this stuff work well in the roots original soil? Im looking for an organic one. Making me a list for this next grow. Dropped the seed in a water/peroxide mix a couple hours ago.

1 Like

Looking at this one. That jug posted above is $80 :grimacing:. This one i found is $12 but its only 2oz.

Spend $20 and get a pound vs 2 Oz RAW brand

I used it for years. This is what you want, and it’ll last you years. Use 1/8 tsp/gal water/per week.

That jug above is a volcanic tuft. That type is highly available, potassium silicate and other minerals. It’s a soil building amendment. I bought a 50# bag, 4 years ago, and still have 2/3’s left. It’s a long term investment for me, but I build soil from scratch.

4 Likes

Awsome!! You really help out adding the measurements per gallon lol. I just bookmark those post and its like having a recipe book haha.

Im trying to keep it simple this time lol.

2 Likes

Also i wanna do the coconut water on my water only days cause i think it would be beneficial for the plant, but also it would put enough ppm in for me to get an accurate ph reading on days with no nutes.

Am i thinking about that right?

If there is a cheaper one you like better im all ears lol. I just found this on the site with the silica.

1 Like

That’s the brand I use. Solid plan, and your plants all appreciate you for it. Itsa great time to buy from BaS, with their Black Friday sale going on.

Wanna save more off your first purchase?
Here’s a $10 off coupon for your first order

3 Likes

Awsome thanks!!! Trying to get all my ducks in a row haha. Gathering materials for the upgrad3d scrog as well. Should be a good time lol

2 Likes