Adding Silica & Fulvic to Jack's 3-2-1

@Newt, @SilvaBack203, @Graysin, @VirginiaGrowBoy, @Sydious, @Retiredoldguy -

I’ve bought GH Armour Si and Mr. Fulvic to begin adding to my grow. I know to add Si first, but am not sure on the fulvic. And should I begin at 100% recommended rates or half?

I’m looking for any advice.

3 Likes

I don’t use Jack’s, so not sure I can answer. But in general, I follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t have any issues with full strength with fulvic or silica, but do recognize that fulvic will increase nutrient uptake and may lead to a little nute burn if overdone.

I have never paid attention to mixing order other than to recognize that silica highly alkaline and can be used to increase the pH value of other solutions. I have never used fulvic and can’t comment on its impact on pH. I use microbe products to accomplish what fulvic does.

5 Likes

I don’t use Mr. Fulvic so no knowledge for you on that one…I do use Si and I always mixed it first in my distilled water nutrient base and I currently use half the recommended amount

2 Likes

In my mind Fulvic falls into the same category as microbes which are typically added last. Some microbe mixes have it in there along with Humic acid. So I would add last and then check pH.
But I could be wrong…That’s what my wife tells me all the time.

11 Likes

This is how I did it, too, more or less. Not saying it’s right, but it seems fine.

Silica → Part A → Epsom → part b → Fulvic → pH adjust → microbes.

5 Likes

I use armor si and Mr fulvic mix the armor si before the jacks then I add my Mr fulvic I use it through veg and into flower through harvest as the directions say I use one ml per gallon I personally like the product think it is a very good product I’ve been using it for about a year and a half now :v:

3 Likes

I don’t use fulvic but do use Si. I was using the same Si as you (GH Armor Si) and recommended using 4ml/gal.

1 Like

Thank you everyone. My fulvic just arrived and today is feed day. Time to try them out!

2 Likes