Adding nutes to dampness

I have three plants, each in a 5-gal pot, all in a little red wagon. Why the wagon? I have to move them twice a day to get sun. I have added nutes a couple of times, and

they’re doing very well. I have topped them twice, and am training them out laterally.

My question is: they’re in Ocean Forest potting soil. If the soil is still damp from rain, could I still water them with nutes added, depending on any extra water to run off?

1 Like

I like your setup! In FFOF I’m not sure you even need to add nutes yet. It’s supposedly has enough nutes for several weeks built into the soil. I only used it one grow so not an expert by any means

2 Likes

Thanks! I waited until after I topped the first time to feed, after they’d been in the pots for about a month. Once more since. I’m trying to add just enough, but wondered: if it rains regularly, so the soil is always damp - how to add any nutes?

That’s my problem outside too. This year I am using Earth Dust amended soil and with that you only have to work in dry amendments a couple of times throughout the grow and when it’s dry enough you can boost it with Earth Dust “tea”. @MeEasy has a really long and informative journal that basically teaches you all about it. Makes life so much simpler! I’m a fan of simple :sweat_smile:
It’s called
MeEasy what’s going on now

3 Likes

You won’t need nutrients for 6 weeks or so. Whether it’s rain or you water matters not.

3 Likes

ok; when does the counting begin for the six weeks?

When u transplant into forever pot with soil.

1 Like

Soon as the seedling breaks surface. Remember this is a general time line based on the size of the plant as it grows. My Sativas eat it all in 4 to 6 weeks. My Indicas I am on the 3rd crop and just finally ate it all up. The 2nd crop I had had grow between 5 to 6 months as I was shooting for over 50% Amber.

2 Likes

The FFOF typically will last 5-6 weeks with water only. I start feeding when the PPMS are around 800 and maintain 1000 in veg and 1000-1100 in flower :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

First, I wouldn’t water unless they need it. It’s best to let them dry out between waterings, but if they get rained on you can’t do that. Next, the idea of dry amendments is the way to go. Especially in your case. I use fox form fruit and flower 4-9-3. Works great. And last, when your plants get into late flower, rain may be a problem because of mold. You’ll want to figure out a way to protect them from the rain.

1 Like

seeds went in water on May 1, and finally into forever pots around May 15.

1 Like

I start counting as soon as it breaks surface. I grow in old soil so I have a different timeline than most.

what happened: we had a couple of dry days, so I was just able to water with nutes, just before a rain. Then, I rolled the girls into the shed, so the nutes won’t be washed away.

1 Like

Perfect!