Adding lime to seedlings

I’m trying to increase the ph a little to help offset burning of the tips of my seedlings by adding lime. I ground up pellets and sprinkled on top of the soil. Probably just like adding a dash of salt to a meal.”not much at all”. Does this sound appropriate? They are in a red solo cup about 2 weeks old.

3 Likes

FYI. My tap water ph going in was 6.5 then after adding food cause they weren’t growing very fast (1- 0.6 - 1) to the gallon of water it went down to 5.5ph.

You need less stuff not more stuff. Don’t add anything to your soil

What soil did you plant in?

5 Likes

Fwiw I know nothing about your grow other than everything looks fine for a young seedling.

3 Likes

Fox farm ocean forest in a grow tent, lights dimmed to 30% 12 inches above, Purple Kush.
I just thought they were kinda small for 2 weeks old

This one is 4 weeks old!

1 Like

Just adjust the ph of the water you give it. Having a ph meter for your soil is good. Also i wouldn’t add anything to a seedling. Like @Deez said you want less not more. Wait for veg to give it nutrients or anything.
What strain is she? This an autoflower?

1 Like

Purple Kush. It’s a photoPeriod. How long do u think till vegative state?

1 Like

Also do I mix ground lime directly to the water I’m giving it to get ph correction

Gotta be careful with the ocean forest. I’ve heard it got hotter in nutrients over the years. Start your seeds in the happy frog then transplant. Or mix your ocean with some happy frog to balance out the hot bag. I would just keep watering. Adjust the ph in the water with lemon juice to bring it down and (very little) baking soda brings it up. Somthing you might have to mess with and adjust to your liking before giving to your plant. Or you can get some ph up or ph down from your local hydro shop. Fox Farms has a product for that… also depending what’s in that ground lime you might have been adding extra ontop of that hot mix of soil.
They do look a little stunted for that time frame but don’t be discouraged. Since these are photos you can veg them for a while before flipping to flower. But i would consider it in veg once i start to see the branches sprouting out of the sets.

3 Likes

Any thoughts on using this for seedlings?

1 Like

Try it out when you start some new seeds. Looks like good stuff. But i wouldn’t add anything to the pots you got right now that has just ocean forest. I picked up some stuff called great white. I dust my seeds with it. I’ll put it directly on the roots when i transplant. It’s a root booster. Great stuff. I used it on my purple kush auto.

2 Likes

No they look fine for two weeks old. It takes time for seedlings to get established. Look at some other grow journals of others who are growing in soil like you and you’ll see you’re in the ballpark. Remember, many times when you’re not seeing a lot of growth above ground the plant is doing a bunch of growing (roots) below ground that you aren’t seeing.

Also a lot of these guys have a ton of experience and it does make a difference for the vast majority of growers.

Check out the last 6 weeks of my grow journal if you want to see some seedlings are various stages of growth. I grow in dirt like you. I’ve also been doing this a long time and you can see some of my f@ckups that I’ve made in the last few weeks that even a seasoned grower like myself still makes when I’m being impatient.

https://ilgmforum.com/t/deez-plants-to-get-you-high/

Patience is tough. It helps to have a bunch of weed in jars ready to smoke and when you are just starting growing you often don’t have that!

5 Likes

Putting down the roots. I wouldn’t add anything.

1 Like

Is GW myochriazze? Yeah I misspelled it sorry.

The only thing i can say is that you need to fill ur solo cups with soil dont only fill half way thos will become a problem for ur seedlings as they grow and as for ur soil in ur cups ,this is what i do , i get my soil that im using for the solo cups i measure out abit over half a cup of soil then i mix in worm castings for the rest of the cup mix the worm castings and soil together then put back into the cup then plant ur seed into the soil this gives ur seedlings food for the time they spend in the cups but it wont burn them

2 Likes

You don’t need to add any nutes to FFO soil. It already has everything the girls need for at least 4 to 6ish weeks.

1 Like

This is not an issue that adding nutrients will fix. You have something going on with your environmental conditions or you’ve done something to stunt your plant.

3 Likes

I use clonx solution to germinate my seeds in rockwool cubes and for clones.
I also use it as a foliage spray fir seedling and clones while in rockwool.
Once they go into ocean Forest, they get nothing but ph water fir the first 30-45 days…

Less is more my freind, my guess is over watered and possibly lightning issues…

What kinda light is it you have at 30% 12ins away?

And how often have you been watering and how much do you give?

Yeah it is. I couldn’t spell that if my life depended on it. Haha. I just started using this stuff last year. I use it for seeds, transplanting and clones.