Adding capacity on a budget

HLG-350R will work great for 4x4 with current light or seperate.
I recently bought one.Then bought a LUX meter.
The hLG350R (350 Watts) will match the LUX of my Vipar Spectra V1200.(550watts).
The Vipar is great for heating the tent in winter but kill summer indors.
The HLG 350R and the soon to arrive HLG260VKit will work all summer and not burn my grow.
Best quality for the money, else pay tripple to the electric company for scrawny buds.
For the time, space and your time, Buy a light when on sale, use discount codes and.have a good grow.
PS, most any light will grow, growing good is great, but the cure is how the finished product smokes.
Kief Miner, I am.

2 Likes

WHy is the equipment not meeting your needs?
512020@gm

1 Like

You don’t need a tent to start seeds, these could be started on your kitchen counter or wherever. If you wanted to go real cheap just get whatever you need to flower plants in your seedling tent.

3 Likes

HLG is having a big sale starting this Friday - Sunday I believe! That’s what they have posted on their IG anyways.

3 Likes

Thanks @dbrn32 - I might have misspoken, it’s more for early veg I guess. It’s like 2 feet tall so a light and a 5-gal pot is all that fits. Your point is taken though, there’s a way to integrate the small tent and then transplant to larger pots.

1 Like

2 feet tall is tough, but there’s also some who grow to harvest in things like pc cases. I think you could make it work with the right plan, but also would look a lot differently than growing in your other tent.

1 Like

15% off for the weekend is on. Do you all think the HLG 350R is worth $110 more than the 320 XL QB V2 Rspec kit in a small home situation?

My other Q is back to the Spider Farmer 4000 for $30 more than the HLG320 & $80 less than the 350R. Is the difference in build quality and 301H diodes over B significant enough to dump the SF from consideration? I think I understand @MidwestGuy and @DEEPDIVERDAVE rationale and I don’t screw around for $30 on something like this. But, Amazon is attractive b/c of the interest free equal payments that help with cash flow. Not so much to make a bad call though.

Thanks again all. I’ll make the decision after this. Just want to make the make the best one. Oh, and feel better @anon1893985 !!

1 Like

I was so happy with the HLG350R that I bought the 260Kit (UIS dimmer compatible, like the 350R).
Building the light tomorrow. I have grown using 1000HPS, (1983) Currently, the HLG 350R, UV-A30, and Vipar Spectra V1200 are growing as good and probably better, than the HPS. Choose wisely.
With the HLGs I can reduce my electrical costs and increase my lighting.The Vipar Spectra’s are great heaters for winter garage growing. But the least heat is needed for summer indoor grow. HLG is my new choice.

1 Like

@SandyC i can do $300 for one of my 350R’s

Absolutely!!! The 301H are for Horticulture growing and the 301I are industrial. HLG also only uses top bin(diodes that test in the highest percentage) for their lights. The little bit extra cost is more than worth it. They also have amazing customer service and a 5 year warrantee on new lights.

2 Likes

Thank you @anon1893985 that’s generous, but I’m gonna pass this time. The 320 is going to be enough horsepower for me at this point so for $50 more it’s all brand new with the customer service and warranty that comes along. I’ll look forward to following how you put it all back to use on the other side of your surgery. :green_heart:

2 Likes

@anon1893985 All the best to you! :people_hugging:

1 Like

Thanks :muscle: i sure do appreciate you :pray:t2:Ms SandyC i fully understand and wish you the best with your new light

External Dimming ? why?
I just bought a 350 R and need another to replace the Vipar Spectra V1200 (too much electricity and now heat) 260Kit arrived yesterday. Still looking. DDD

1 Like

Yes external dim knob … i have to downsize cause of my back… if you want it let me know … $300

1 Like

I survived 8 surgeries in 3 years and need four re-done by competent butchers. I feel you pain and upset.
Wife, Disney, and a summer wedding are the secondary reasons I have to stop and downsize.
The HLG grow enough in one tent, for my personal use and enough to give away, so paying for electricity in excess, is painful even for a great offer. I too have excess grow equipment inventory.

1 Like