Added scroge feedbak please

ok i just added scroge plant is 5 wks old from sprout i cut my hlg 135 lite back 25% am watering 2 cups per day jacks 321 growing in coco coir perite 70-30 temp holding at around 80 deg now humidity around 65 light about 16 in above plant, so with that info how is it looking and what do i need to change not starting toflower yet so when it does should i turn lite back up 100% and or lower it i also cut off a bunch of what i call sucker leaves to help get down in the plant, had a lot of help so far and want your feedbak as i go any suggestions you have is appre. 1st indoor grow so ill post ever week or so for all your help thanks again

3 Likes

Plant is way too small to be worrying about a SCROG yet. Yes, you will want light at maximum once you flip.

@Not2SureYet has some great images of loading a plant into a SCROG and would be a good idea to look over others’ setups.

Sorta like that.

6 Likes

I saw 2 things there. One is those are nut sucker leaves. They are fan leaves and needed for the plant to grow. At this point. You may want to trim just 2 or 3 nodes off the bottom of the plant. Nothing else as it is still growing. I have the 135s too. Great lights. I run mine at 19" and 55w for veg. Once I flip. I turn it up to about 90w. And in full flower, 130w - 150w The trellis net you have is meant more for upper branch support than to be used a s a scrog. The net holes are to large to really scrog with.If you haven’t topped yet. I would think about it. To give it time to grow before you start training it to the sides. @my friend showed you what an actual scrog looks like. There are different styles. But his net is at a set height. And has much smaller squares. They look great in person :grin: You look to be off to a great start though :+1:
A trellis net is basically for the upper support like this.

7 Likes

wow did i screw this one up i totally got the idea of a scroge wrong, i will take my net off for nowi see you guys made yours out of pvc if youall have a pic of on not on a plant i sure would appriets seeing it and what did and how far apart are the squares, my tent is 24x24x48 but a should have enough room, thanks for putting me in the rite direction

2 Likes

Have you flipped to flower yet? If not then I would veg it out longer and let it get a little bigger and try and fill the net out as much as you can and try to keep the canopy even and then flip to flower. You won’t regret it!

2 Likes

I made mine at 3.5" squares for the bamboo ones I made. My pvc has movable lines that I can also remove.
Here is a video I made a while ago showing my scrog. I want to revise it one more time I think. So one side will have quick release lines. Well, faster to remove for harvesting. This is one tent with the pvc and another with the bamboo

3 Likes

to not 2 sure yet shower curtain hooks who would of thunk it ill be going to the hardware store soon, very good video you loock very professinol so let me pic your brain my plant is a zittles im giving it 2 cups of water a day is that enough, and by my pics my plant is rather bushey should i try to pull my lower branches down and tie plant is 5 wks old your plants all loock damn good and i noticed your branches go so far out than up would really like your thoughts on how to make my plant nice and healthy, it may be to late and if you think it is should i just leave it alone when do you think i should use scroge thinks for your help ans pics and video

1 Like

Lots of different scrog frames out there. This is one of three I just built. It is roughly 24 x 24". The top frame can slide up 12+ ". It is on wheels so I can move it around. I use mason line and just cut it out when I harvest.

This is a similar frame. She is full up. From over a week ago

A couple of days ago. Buds are starting to fill out 34 days 12/12

3 Likes

Let the plant grow more with some training before adding the net. When to add the net depends on if you are using it for spreading the plant (1st net) or holding branches upright, (additional 2nd net). This 1st net went in during week 3 of flower.

1 Like

You need to be giving a lot more water or feed than that or you will soon run into issues. You should giving enough to get at least 3 - 4 cup of run off back. I am looking for screws that have a tiny head or more like a dowl top if you have any ideas @beardless :grin: I am getting some clips from @CoyoteCody so I can use trellis nets for the second row.
I like that net @Stonedrus Do you know the square size? That would be great for the first section. The squares look small enough that I would be worried most of my buds would grow right into those and I would never get them out with out a lot of cutting.

1 Like

You have the most knowledgable scog growers I know in the community helping you so I’m just going to say be a sponge!

1 Like

3.5 inch squares. I make sure every branches is lined up through a square, and adjust them to rest between nodes. I usually take the whole plant at harvest and leave net holding the colas intact. I can then hang the whole plant by the net on a hook for drying. I’ll remove the net after two weeks of drying.

1 Like

What comes to mind are black phosphate trim screws. The head isn’t much bigger than the diameter of the screw it self. I use them because I can’t swing a hammer and don’t have a nail gun. They are a bit long. The shortest I have used are 1 5/8"

1 Like

I would do lst on ur plant to get more bud sites and i would trim it so u get more light it to the plant and no need for the net yet way to small

Out of likes. Thanks. That looks like it would work. And I could deal with a little extra length there. So these here right?
@Stonedrus Some of that stuff would be great to have. That is the same dimensions I do my scrogs at. Would you know what they call the netting there? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

https://www.amazon.com/Hillman-Group-41905-Screw-8-Inch/dp/B001B1W2H6/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=black+phosphate+trim+screws&link_code=qs&qid=1632524642&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-4

Is it this here

You’d know: I gave 'em to you haha!

1 Like

thats one fancy scroge frame there beardless i like the adjustment part you people right lots of good ideas im going to combine your ideas i think i can come up with one, not to sure said i need alotmore water so ill double it to a quart of water, willit hurt to go 1/2 and1/2 jacks 321 and tap water i dont want to burn plant with to much nuts thanks again

I use the hydrofarm ones.

I like to drape the net down the side so that I can extend the branches horizontally past the edges of the table. Essentially turning the 4x4 base into a 6x6 canopy top.

1 Like

Another simple alternative that is pretty cheap are the pre build scrogs that fit in side your pot. You can find what I am talking about at plantlr grow trellis. I have been thinking about getting a few sets of them my self

1 Like