Add 400w M/H or not worth it?

Found ya a new light but its 1000 bucks and they say you can’t get it closer than 6 feet from plants 1200 watts of draw from wall mixed cob and 5 watt LEDs

I soooooo wanna buy one but wife says I can’t dig a 6 foot pit in basement so too big for me

1 Like

@anon46981397 damn thats too much lol

1 Like

@SlowOldGuy this is what I had in mind for reflector. I need to go get some material to make one like you described, i dont have anything laying around that will work at the moment. Took me 30 seconds to cut the dome in half just to take a pic and ask your opinion 1st before i go any further.
Thanks

Another 10min and here it is.

3 Likes

looks good man.!!

use the half dome u r working on for now and come get one of my old hoods for the next grow.!
the most important thing is getting the bulb horizontal so the plants get more light from it.!!!
use your light meter to check for ‘hot’ spots, but i don’t think u will find any.!

1 Like

Well I managed to get the new hood up and running tonight and I am sooo glad I took that heat dome OUT!!! Much better light coverage now for sure, and good coverage now. What a difference :open_mouth:

6 Likes

Just dawned on me that bc blondes have some nice lights. May be worth checking out as already on your side of border.

1 Like

Awsome, thanks @dbrn32. And today I made my way out of the bush and into town, went and picked up the PROPER 400watt HPS bulb. And happy I did lol I couldnt stand the fact that it wasnt the rite bulb for the job.

And the place u mentioned above sells good led lights?

2 Likes

Oh ya, they have the good stuff. Obviously you’re looking at complete ready to hang fixture, so prices higher than any of the diy stuff.

2 Likes

I am going tp have a look for sure!! Thanks

1 Like

You bet! I’m not sure they will have best option for you, but worth taking a look. You’re not the first member I’ve worked with North of the imaginary line. It seems that with international shipping and conversion the stuff from US gets pretty pricey.

There’s another guy up there too, Par Horta. Name was at tip of my tongue last time I posted, but couldn’t think of it to save my life lol.

1 Like

I’m up here north of that line tnx for the site I’ll definitely be checking them out

If you havnt seen this ine yet @peachfuzz, u may like my reflector i made for it lol
I call it a hindenberg design :grin:

@Lostscuba here is anoth thread of mine. I was lucky enuff to get 3 of these lights from a good friend of mine. He works in mines as a millwright and gets all kinds of goodies that are heading for scrap. I made 1 good working 400watt HPS light out of the 3 and used 1 of the round dome reflectors to make a better design so I was able to run bulb horizontal for a larger foot print, original light design had bulb vertical.

2 Likes

It’s for sure worth it. I used flood lights lamps and fluorescent I switched got triple and it’s my second time

1 Like

Definitely bad a… I can two ballast at 600 hps for less then that led cob light the one 1200 one

I picked up 2 400w multi ballast lights last night.

They will take HPS, MH, AND MG Bulbs
Only cost me a few clones :grin:
Mite be time to get rid of the CFL’s :thinking:

3 Likes

O yea that’s a heavy duty one right on gonna have build support just hang it but that’s a nice score

1 Like

I noticed the difference when I went for led to ballast but the led makes the leaves look crazy

1 Like

My room is built with 2x3’s so I am pretty sure it can handle 2 of these lights hanging. It supports my weight no prob and I am 6 feet tall 180lbs, I built my room strong :wink:

1 Like

Well then your good to go let me see it after your done I moved my baby to it’s own bucket so far got 6 plants going in bubbler

1 Like