Adam amendments to organic soil

I am trying to add my on amendment to my organic soil.could someone please help me with what to put in the soil and how much for as measurements.Thanks in advance

1 Like

I use Happy Frog at half strength. I do alright.

1 Like

So you just mix it with your organic soil or what

1 Like

I mix my own soil.

4 parts coco coir
1 part composted manure/worm castings
1 part perlite.

2 week old seedlings and rooted clones go in this for about a month with just water. When I transplant I add the dry amendments. They are good for another month. I then top dress every month with a tea every month. Other than that, it’s just plain water.

2 Likes

What do you typically use when brewing your compost tea?

2 Likes

I like to start with a basic all around organic soil. We get ours from a local supplier in bulk.
I find new products each year it seams like. Kinda tweak each grown learning alittle each year. This next year I will be adding the following to the soil ‘before’ the plants go in. I’m not sure how much of each will be used but Im guessing about 1-2 cups of each and about 5 cups of the worm castings per bag.
This is to help the root growth and nutrion uptake. Teas will be the main source of food :wink:
Happy growing…

3 Likes

Pretty much any organic material. That’s what you are brewing in a tea. Adding molasses feeds the bacteria and microbes, increasing their numbers in a few hours.

4 Likes

Tea time anyone :wink:

4 Likes

Nice, pull up the Tea Truck :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Took me a minute wondering why you aren’t giving yourself a thumbs up instead your giving a sideways thumb… Then I realized your covering your plate lol

3 Likes

Same :rofl:.

2 Likes

Look im doin organics and what i use is bat guano worm castings and organic compost in my soil or you can make a compost tea with the same things

3 Likes

What potting soil or mix do you use with ilgm seeds because I’m using black cow 5-5-5 and it’s burning my leaves

1 Like

Wha are your measurements of each one you mix in

When i filled my pots i mixed three cups of organic compost and two cups worm castings and two teaspoons of bat guano.but when i top dress i only use the worm castings and bat gauno with volcanic rock dust so i would go two cups worm castings two spoons of bat guano and one and half teaspoons of rock dust

And when i do compost tea i use four cups of organic compost and two cups worm castings two spoons of molasses and a teaspoon of rock dust and a cap of fishand kelp liquid and i let it bubble for 40hours

1 Like

24-36hrs. After it has brewed use it within 30 mins. of turning off the air stones.

Ok when I fill my pot? What are you filling your pot with before you start adding what you adding too it what size pot are you using.and also how many time do you top dress doing a grow and is that all you using.I really what to do all Organic I just need a full understanding thanks

Im using a 5gal pot and im using coco coir with perlite peat moss

What i put in my pot should give me at least two to three months of food for my plant before i have to top dress