Acidity test on foxfarm ocean forest soil. With vinger and backing soda

Yeah soil grow you can flush your FFOF a few times to drop the ph to around 5.9-6.2 and that should allow you to make sure you have the right drainage , plus flush out the strong micro organism beneficial nutrients that can burn seedlings and FFOF flushed becomes Fox a Farm Light Warrior ?

1 Like

I understand ( I use it ) and I donā€™t have problems with it so I donā€™t agree that itā€™s too hot I think itā€™s Much Ado About Nothing

Frankly I think people kind of give ffof a bad name over this and I donā€™t think it deserves it, jmo.

I use FFOF and HF at 5 parts to 1 Iā€™ve never had a problem.

1. List item

See you are mixing. It needs some type of cut on it. I think just a really good run off a flush and dry before you use and you will need no cut to the soil. .

1 Like

@Paranorman says he does well starting plants in it. Iā€™ve never tried because of hearing itā€™s too hot, but I take his word for it if he doesnā€™t have any problems. Next soil grow I do, Iā€™m going straight into ffof.

3 Likes

I understand. I did straight ffof first grow. It burned them no dout. And i was saying if you flush what ever whater to soil ratio it might help.

I am doing the FFOF right now and it seems to be working fine

2 Likes

I like that idea, gonna try it my first grow

What is wrong with this plant? Does anyone know?

Your pH is more then likely out of control and your plant is having a hard time absorbing the nutrients that it needsā€¦ Now that donā€™t mean to add more nutrients because from the pics it looks like you might have more then enough (ie) burnt tipsā€¦ I would flush plants , get pH in order , let the pots dry out and see where youā€™re at from thereā€¦
Also you might want to see what others have to say
@garrigan62 is a master at plant diagnosis
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Joe what you got here is: Manganese Deficiency
Here is my pic of Manganese Deficiency

:Solution for Manganese in Cannabis

Your plant may also exhibit signs of a manganese deficiency if the pH is too high, or if the plant is getting too much iron.
Learn how to manage your pH when growing cannabis.
Please note: After a manganese deficiency is cleared up, the problem (brown spots and yellowing leaves) will stop spreading to other growth usually within a week. Please note that leaves which have been damaged by a manganese deficiency will probably not recover or turn green, so you want to pay attention to other growth for signs of recovery.
In soil, manganese is best absorbed by the roots in the 6.0 - 7.0 pH range (some growers recommend keeping the pH slightly lower, from 6.0 - 6.5, if you suspect a manganese deficiency in particular)

In hydro, manganese is best absorbed by the roots in the 5.5 - 6.0 pH range (in hydro, itā€™s generally recommended to keep the pH between 5.5 - 6.5, but manganese specifically tends to be best absorbed below 6.0)
If you suspect your growing cannabis plant has a manganese deficiency, flush your system with clean, pHā€™d water that contains a regular dose of cannabis-friendly nutrients that includes manganese. This will remove any extra iron or nutrient salts that may be affected the uptake of manganese, it will help restore pH to the proper levels, and will supply the plant with any missing nutrients.
You are looking to avoid higher pH ranges, as this is where manganese deficiencies are most likely to occur.
If you cannot get rid of your manganese deficiency, please consult our 7-Step Cure to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems
Leaf Color:
Pale Color Leaves
Yellow Leaves - New Growth
Yellow Leaves - Lower, older leaves
Yellowing Between Veins
Veins of Leaves Stay Green
Brown or Dark Spots
Mottling / Mosaic Pattern
Leaf Symptoms:
Upper Leaves / Newer Growth Affected
Lower Leaves / Older Growth Affected
Yellowing Between Veins
Veins of Leaves Stay Green
Spots
Mottling / Mosaic
Slow Growth
Abnormal Growth
Plant Symptoms:
Slow Growth
Spots on Leaves?:
Yes

I hope this helps Joe

Will

3 Likes

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for your help. I plan to flush with distilled water. will daily watering with straight distilled water do the trick?

What size pots are they in. Rule of thumb isā€¦3 gal pol. 6gal of water
5gal pot = 10 gal water for flush

Hope this helps

Will

Iā€™m using 3 gal pots. Over what course of time should I give it the 6 gallons of water.

A continuous run say how ever long it takes.

ok will do

With what Will is saying, 6 gal of water should give your pot a complete flush. Once youā€™ve flushed with that much water, you shouldnā€™t need to repeat. Let the soil dry out as usual before your next watering, and test the runoff ph.

1 Like

Oh ok. I never thought of testing the runoff. that should tell me what I need to know.

I start my seeds in fox farms ocean forest with no problems.

1 Like