Accidentally ordered two lights for a 2.3x2.3, happy accident or overkill?

Wow I didn’t know that I feel stuuuupid lmfao, will definitely be feeding with the next watering!! Also were you talking about my other post? if you meant that pics on this thread, that was another persons setup lol If you’re interested though I did post some pictures not to long ago of how my plant is doin’, not to sure on how to tell when they look hungry just yet so I wouldn’t mind another eye haha

growin a photo white widow (or so i’m told) btw

ah ok Pete, sorry I don’t come on here much and sometimes don’t pay attention, I thought those we’re your plants.

You have the light formula you need now for how much wattage in a grow tent:

require ppfd (always shoot for 900) x grow space (in metres squared) / efficiency of your light (don’t be misled by crazy manufacturers numbers, most lights come in at between 1.8-2.3 efficiency, so I go with an average of 2)

Regarding feeding there are even more simple rules, if you’re growing autos then have everything they need in the soil, don’t make them ask and don’t make them beg, they don’t have the time - just prepare your soil well so it’s basically got enough va va voom for the first 6+ weeks then top her up with a good PK juice on the final stretch. Don’t get sucked into crazy sets of crazy nutrients - the BioTabs starter kit is excellent and removes all doubt.

Good luck, White Widow is a fantasy strain so give her all your love and respect.

Peace.

1 Like

Welcome aboard.

1 Like

50 watts is total overkill

Plants can only absorb so much light in a given time period before the curve reverses and your yields will actually suffer.

Photo Period plants
30-35 watts per square foot with good quality LED (assuming efficiency 2 or better)

Autoflower
25-30 watts per square foot (lower requirement due to fact light is on for 6 hours + longer)

If you go above these figures you might gain 5 grams but more likely lose more due to plant stress. Remember the optimum PAR range is 750-900 ppfd. Any more light is wasted energy that increases your bills, stresses the plant warms the planet and gives the Russian’s more more to fight Ukraine.

Follow the MIgro YouTube channel where Shane will cover all this stuff.

Pease and respect.

Not a problem at all my man, I completely understand lol! I will probably leave my light at about 80 percent n not go above that as to not stress out the plants to much, thank you for the advice btw! Also regarding feeding I went organic hoping it would be simplified, but as I am learning it is almost the same as a synthetic schedule lol maybe a bit less complicated but similar!! And the way she’s growing now has already shown me that it is indeed a very special plant lmao I CANNOT wait to harvest :joy::joy: Thanks for the channel recommendation btw, been looking for some good places for solid info and will definitely be checking it out when I get home!

(saying that while i’m still in veg lmfao)

Thanks man!! can’t wait to get involved in the community and absorb all the knowledge y’all can offer haha

(and eventually spread that knowledge once I feel comfortable enough)