Acapulco Gold suddenly yellow leaves, somewhat claw like

Hey guys.
Got one of these little Acapulco Golds here that I recently transplanted into a larger pot. The pot it got transplanted to is approximately 50% FF Ocean Forest and 50% Happy Frog. I think the plant itself is about two weeks old and was growing like a CHAMP before I transplanted it. Is my soil too hot? I am using a tiny amount of FF Big Bloom when watering as well. Thanks in advance for any insight you may have for me.

Shock

2 Likes

IMO New growth looks nive and healthy, maybe scared her a little on the transplant. Id just continue as usual and watch. If it takes a decline from there id start seeking solutions but i think for now she is okay. Yet again this is my opinion.

3 Likes

Thank you. She is a very healthy little plant other than the discoloration.

The new stuff sprouting at the top looks great. Wouldn’t worry about the lower old leaves. Plant looks good to me bro.

3 Likes

I wouldnt overly worry it looks like a tiny bit of nute burn but the 1st set of leaves almost always die off eventually( if they arent trimmed off 1st since they re almost always bad light collectors)

3 Likes

I’ve grown alcopoco gold in that same mix. All that is needed is to give some Cal-Mag or in my experience it will have a lot of leaf issues.
Both of those soils have enough nutes for 4 to 6 weeks. I personally give Cal-Mag at 1 teaspoon per gallon of water and then ph it to 6.4 to 6.8 . I do that for 4 weeks every other watering . Then I start big bloom at 1/2 teaspoon a gallon on the watering days I don’t give Cal-Mag. I do that for only 1 week. Then start big bloom and grow big 1/2 teaspoon each mixed together on those days. For two weeks. Then flip to flower and change to big bloom grow big, and tiger bloom 1 teaspoon each mixed together every other watering. Still giving Cal-Mag in-between till 21 day Defoleation. Then it is 1 and a half teaspoons big bloom and 1 and a half teaspoons tiger bloom for 2 waterings. Then 1 teaspoon Cal-Mag the next watering. I continue that cycle to the end.
2 waterings big bloom , tiger bloom 1 watering Cal-Mag 2 waterings big bloom, tiger bloom 1 watering Cal-Mag. So on and so forth.
It seems to work for me but I must admit if i get a leaf that looks bad I just pinch it off and move on with same.

2 Likes

Also I am switching back to just straight happy frog and perlite. 3 parts happy frog 1 part perlite I think my grows looked better then.
I’ve tried happy frog and ocean forest and just staight ocean forest. Then I tried an off brand. Didn’t like them compared to just happy frog.

1 Like

Hell yeah. Thanks, Chef!

1 Like

Beautiful. Thanks, Snek!

Looks nice and healthy. I am growing an AG this time , too. Like the olden days. :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to give me the info, partner! I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Yes!!! I love sativas and cannot WAIT to watch this legendary beauty grow and grow and……. Burn! :wink::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks everybody. I love this forum and truly appreciate your help and comraderie. Thank you!

2 Likes

AG is front, Malawi back right, WW is
back left

1 Like

Hell yeah. What a great setup. Looks like we will both be enjoying some AG somewhat soon! :sunglasses:

1 Like