AC Infinity Self Watering Fabric Pot Base

Greetings Forum Folks!
Anyone have any experience with these? I am 2 weeks into a single plant grow. Blue Dream auto from ILGM.
Since germinating and planting directly in FFOF & FFHF I have primarily only watered from top.
However, I did fill the basin and the water is wicking up to the bottom of the pot. I figure the basin will become more useful as watering/feeding needs increase.
Just curious if anyone has used these successfully. Thanks for any info! :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Keep in mind that cannabis needs wet/dry cycles. Soil that is constantly wet invites damping off (root rot,) mold, and issues with insects.

6 Likes

@Lacewing has em. Not too far into it yet but he seems to enjoy them.

4 Likes

Thanks for the head’s up! I’ll Shoot a message. Thanks again!

4 Likes

Greetings @Lacewing , @Graysin responded to my post letting me know you’re using the AC Infinity watering devices. If you have time to share your experience with them I will be grateful. Thanks in advance for your response!
:peace_symbol:

7 Likes

So far they seem great …now ,I actually just watered the bases of my 4 seedlings but I have another plant that’s about a month old and it is working flawlessly so far ,I can’t really say as to what this will produce but I watched a few videos on people who got to test them and their reviews seemed really positive ! I grabbed 8 of them because I think I can fit 8 all in a 4x4 and grow in smaller containers either way what it seems to do is not over or under water
The build quality is excellent and it can hold UP TO 5 gallon containers …
I’m pretty sure the wicks need to be replaced every few grow cycles but they are probably every cheap …
This is my first indoor grow. Hoping these turn out to be useful as it’s really convenient not having to worry about Over or under watering

4 Likes

Thanks for your response! Just 2 weeks above ground with this one so I haven’t used it much yet. Good luck with it and your grow.
Thanks again!

2 Likes

They say as soon as your leaves reach the rim of the container it’s ready …either way I filled mine up after just top watering because I’m using living soil and should have probably been watered already …
Good luck on your grow too

2 Likes

Only 2 wks above ground and planted in 3g pot of soil I saturated a cple days prior. Only minimal top watering - 3oz a cple x around stem. Put approx 1g in basin last weekend, and it’s pretty much empty. Pot still feels a bit heavy but surface hasn’t had any water for about a week. The pot bottom is slightly damp, but not overly so. I think I’ll add another gal this weekend. So far I’m not seeing signs of under watering.
If you don’t mind I’ll check in with you down the line to seed how your system is working… :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Of course I’ll be updating my indoor grow journal I can tag you there if you’d like !
I gotta be honest I only started using them a few days ago and I’ve already put 2 gallons in the largest one

2 Likes

Yea, please do tag me. Thanks.
I guess my biggest question with these is with a seedling the roots won’t get to the bottom 1/3 of the pot. My understanding is that’s the capacity of the basins :man_shrugging:t3:
I look forward to observing your journal!

2 Likes

The tap root will …it will continue to grow downward seeking water …if anything I believe it will lure the roots down

I’ve never used them at all and especially with seedlings but in my situation with living soil the water is what gets it going and since I’ve planted those my entire garage reeks like manure and I think the watering will help it subside …eventually the roots will reach that far down

3 Likes

Good info. Still new to this fantastic hobby, so good to hear!
Cheers!

2 Likes

Question off topic: 18 days above ground. Is node spacing ok? TSW2000 @ approx 30% pwr, 18” above . 20/4 cycle
PPFD:350
DLI: 24

6 Likes

In some respects they are not much different than an autopot. Both are sub irrigation watering devices. They are based on the basic sub irrigation wicking system. They are also called sub irrigation planters (SIP). I did a DIY SIP grow using 5 gallon buckets a while back. Based on my experience with SIP monitor the ph of the water / feed solution in the based. Also, I think it will be good practice to occasionally dump and clean the base.

7 Likes

@beardless thanks for your info! I’ve been wondering about PH holding. Fortunately with just a single plant I’ll be able to monitor easily I think. Thanks!

3 Likes

I’ve got a set of 4 and love them! I’m getting ready to purchase 4 more. I use them when I’m going away for 4 days or so and they work really well with my 3 gal. cloth bags. I water as usual before filling them up and this makes sure the reservoir lasts longer. I have NOT used them yet for 5 gal. bags.

I also use them empty and with no wicks to raise my plants to keep the canopy even if I need to.

2 Likes

What about gnats that may want to move into the base?

3 Likes

@sandune thanks for your info! So, are you saying you water as usual from top and fill basin? If so, do you water to signs of runoff?
I have considered alternating from top & bottom. :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

@Ickey no experience yet to speak of. But perhaps the general pest control measures I take. :man_shrugging:t3::peace_symbol: