Abouttime's 3rd grow with a summer twist

Lol no they don’t and poor guy damn

1 Like

Nice just straight to big pot

1 Like

I’ve been going straight to the permanent home for awhile now. After the 3rd set they go. I over water em when they’re in cups so this way I get them out my harms way as fast as I can… They don’t miss a beat for me that way…There’s not enough roots to stress out! Lol

1 Like

Heres the rest of the update as of 10 mins ago.
These were flipped on Dec1. Comin in on 8 weeks for the ILGM Strawberry Cough and the Sour Diesel. I think the Cough is ready around the 10th and the Sour Diesel around the 20th.
First up is the Sour Diesel

These are the 2 clones

There they are in the corner. Its one of each. The sour diesel is kinked over and the SC is to the left of it. Little scrawny but she has a way to go.

Here’s a closeup of a SD head

The new girls have been slowed down enough now but the stretch is bothering me, so I’m getting them under the QB when its on and then doing another 6 hours with a 65w grow bulb.
Here they are sharing some QB light with the Strawberry Cough just outside the small tent. (36x20x60)

The Vader OG making its comeback

The Stracciatella and the Citral Glue
They’re a little leggy right now but when I get em under the QB I’ll top em up and scrog em too.

Last but not least, just to prove I’m actually boting and accumulating some nice tastes here. Something different every night and at least 2 strains go to work with me every day.(shhhh)
The Super Sikver Haze and the Royal Gorilla get a breath of air.

The collection without the 5 jars above and a few near my favorite smoking spot in the house.
So there’s some Bruce Banner, Northern Lights, SourDiesel, Moby Dick, Super Silver Haze and Royal Gorilla.

Just to let everyone know…Im using solely Jacks now and I just got some Tribus Bloom to add to the soil and I’m feeding it as always a little Backstrap molasses here at the end now. And I’m using The Tribus grow on the young girls in very a light dose along with Jacks clone formula Fox Farms soil with 20% more perlite and a 1" pot sponge at the bottom of the soil for drainage… they get water every 2 to 3 days. The seedlings every 4 days but a quick spritz every morning.
Whew…now, we’re all caught up.

3 Likes

Lots of snow here got me home playing with the girls a little bit extra. The newbies are doing well. They get 12 hours under the QB with the small tent open and in the morning I put em in the window for a few more hours. My wife puts em in the dark room around 2 or 3 when I’m not home and its been keeping em on veg till the big girls are done.
The Citral Glue got stretchy so I topped her and that got some side growth going as well so she’s been tamed a bit but will take off this week. The Stracciatella will be topped tomorrow night as I let that node get a wee bit bigger. Enough to grab a good hold of.

The comeback kid Vader OG bag seed. Got her first 3 leaf set and is working on a fourth node. She’s gonna be just fine and I’m really happy she got going since she was a lonely strain child

This is the Stracci that will be topped
group shot catching some rays. About 7-10 days till they get a tent for themselves. They were hatched Jan. 4th or so out of soil so they’ve been stalled and it shows. They would usually be over the sides of a 5 gal pot by now. So super weak lights and a lot of petting has kept them small.

Because this baby will be done. First flush is tomorrow. She has amber on her already.
The Sour Diesel photo.

Last but not least is the Strawberry Cough. I think the low humidity has had an effect on overall weight because i haven’t been able to keep it above 40 the flower period. Till today ofcourse with 2 days of snow so far here outside.

On the bright side, both plants have nugz that are rock solid. Even the smaller lower nugz are like hard pebbles.
K folks stay safe and have fun if ya got snow in your neck 'o the woods.
Ciao for now!

2 Likes

Hi @thecount13. Heres my spot.Theres a couple of auto grows above including the last one with the Moby and a few others. Im running ILGM Photo Sour Diesel that started out with the autos to compare and its almost done. I did a scrog with the the photo, which broke up the main cola amd came a bunch of smaller tight colas everywhere. The SD auto was topped at the 7th node and she made a bunch of branches amd good smoke with solid nugz but still not as solid as any photo Ive done.

1 Like

Hi @abouttime , I like your choice of strains you have to smoke…that is what I am trying to do myself, accumulate a number of strains, change is good. You have a very nice grow or growing going on. happy growing :rofl: :bat:

1 Like

Thanks @thecount13. Yep, I like the variety…its the spice of life!!
My problem is too many seeds and not enough time or space for all of them…or I would make this a career. Maybe when NY state finally gets its act together and goes legal!!! Problem here is, everyone wants a cut or it’s nothing at all.
Enjoy buddy!

1 Like

Hi Folks, Its About time I did an update here. I didn’t realize I hadnt posted an update for 10 days. I wish there was alot to share but things are moving along nicely with the photos and the new girls.
The Strawberry Cough and up with a toxicigy or a lockout. She has fried her leaves the past week probably from a cal lockout. I did a flush on both plants so I’m in the end game and I’m not gonna attempt to do anything other than wait for some amber on her.
The Sour Diesel is loaded with amber on her sugar leaves but the main buds not so much. I did an Ice treatment to the top of the soil this morning amd I’ll put her into 48 hrs of darkness and see if she’s ready for a chop on Saturday.

The new girls are doing great. They get 12 hrs with the the SC under the QB and then they go in the window in the morning till about 1pm. The wife puts them in the dark room for me everyday amd then they get hit with some of the QB at 7pm with the SC. The days the wife forgets, which aint many, I put em in as soon as I get home and they get 2 hrs of rest. They dont seem to mind.
The Citral Glue stretched a little out of the gate but the breeder says it does grow tall, so I’ll have more training to do for her. She’s been topped once and has started throwing shoots and a big pair of fan leaves.
The Stracciatella took to her first topping well and tons of side shoots have emerged.
And the little Vader OG bag seed has fully recovered amd is now part of the family. Her training wheels are off and she’s now on her way. She gets a topping tomorrow when there’s a littke more to grab of ckeanly. Hopefully she is not a he!

So just a quick review on what Im using for this grow. The girls all start out in FFof thats been cooked for at leat a 1/2 hour at 220 on the bbq to get rid of any unwanted critters which I have come across alot in their bags but the bbq seams to rid of them real well. I’ll do a round of avid at the flip since it seemed to work real well with the SC and SD. Back tonthe soil, I add about 20% more perlite and that’s it.
My early feeds were strictly water phd to 6.5. I have now added Jacks clone feed to the water in reg dosage and Tribus grow once a week with a little molasses once week but not at the same time as the tribus. They will go to the 321 next week and the Vader the week after if all goes well.
I also started a foliar feed once every few days of GH Sea Kelp and phd to 6.5.
The bigger girls get about a 1/3 of a gallon of water every 2 days or so and the Vader a little less as she’s not as big. The two TH seeds girls are starting to get the leaves as big as the pots so the roots are just about there as well. These were started on Jan. 1 but I slow cooked em with a weak light because of a lack of space, but they will hit a tent soon with the full QB on em and I know they will fatten up quick and will get flipped mid March the latest.
Thats it till next time folks. Peace out!

3 Likes

And the Sour Diesel is done. Flipped on Dec 1

The tent got a thorough cleaning and the new girls were put in. One QB for the 3 of them for now is plenty. Theres no holding em back now. With the SC getting chopped tonite I’ll be putting one of em in the little tent and scrog it.
The bag seed Vader OG is the top pic, The Stracciatella on the left and the Citral Glue on the right in the bottom pic.

Theres a SD clone you might spot in the corner of the tent thats gonna go a few more days.
Tomorrow update will be a chopped Strawberry Cough. Have a great hump day folks!!!

2 Likes

As promised. The ILGM Strawberry Cough is hung to dry.

And that’s that…5-7 days and they’ll get trimmed and tosse in paper bag for 2 more days or when I get it down to 50% before jarring.
Another snowstorm for NYC today… be safe folks.

2 Likes

And the Sour Diesel is done!!
Smells so good already!!
IMG-20210221-WA0001|281x500

Next up is the StrawberryCough

It’ll be an all niter again…

2 Likes

Hello good folks. Things are looking up here. Had a big trim weekend as both the Sour Diesel and the Strawberry Cough dried up enough to trim down. I bagged them both for another 2 days to get the entire harvest at the same humidity level and then bottled at 55% mostly. I keep a little humidistat in a bottle to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get over 60 at anytime. Mostly down to 50 already with a good 15 minute burp at night and 5 mins in the morning.
Solid nugz from both that make the metal lid go ping ping when ya shake it!

The Jan 1st girls have taken off since getting under the QB full time. Even the basil made a nice comeback.

The Stracciatella

The Citral Glue

The bag seed Vader OG, she had a rough start but she’s making slow and steady progress and even got her first topping this week. The other 2 have been topped 2x.

The basil got topped and is ready for another topping. Im going to take it to the best sidewalk sandwich guy in NYC on 64th and Madison ave. If your ever in NYC, ya can’t miss him, M-F only from 11 to 5…his younger brother has a big truck on 62nd but go to 64th for the original. He even makes a ribsteak sandwich right there on the bbq for ya. Yep, a real ribsteak. The basil he adds to a nice mozzarella tomato side platter he offers. Construction guys know how to eat in NYC!

I’m stoned…but I’m not kidding!

2 Likes

Congrats on your harvest bro. Your flowers are beautiful as always. All your girls look well cared for. Keep it up :muscle::cowboy_hat_face:

Hope all your snow is finally melting. Ours is long gone. We hit 80 today lol

1 Like

Hey Boss @Gremmall, thanks man, I’m still a noob but I’m into it so I hope it gets better.
Yep, the snow is all but gone except the piles in the parking lots, they seem like they’ll be around till July sometimes.
Wish we had 80’s here already. We’re still in the 30-40’s here and tonite its Canadian blast is gonna bring the chilled again. I hope it don’t sweep down by y’all again.
I don’t think your used to that!!

1 Like

We aren’t lol. We’ve gotten to 79 since the ice storm a few weeks ago but are back in the 50s and dropping with storms and wind. Apparently a lot of limbs broke in the ice that didnt fall all the way. The wind today must have dislodged some because my lights have been off for 3 hours. It’s ok tho, I’m high af :love_you_gesture::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Time for a quick update folks…I’ve been lurking around other peeps grows and there’s some good stuff going on out there.It makes me really happy to see that people everywhere are embracing the plant like never before. Having grown up in 70’s and 80’s and smoking some great and some not great weed and being able to grow some awesome weed that I used to pay 3 or 4 benji’s a z for, I’m now spending about 50 a z plus the seed and I’m not chasing anyone around anymore.
With that, today’s report features the new girls flourishing well now that they have full light for 18 hours a day. The Citral Glue and Stracciatella are exploding with new growth after both being topped twice. They also got a little pruning of some in facing big fan leaves.
The Citral is on the left and the Stracci is on the right

In the middle coming on strong with real big indica leaves is the Vader OG bag seed survivor.
These were all popped on Jan , but the Vader broke off one of her first petals and then took her time to recover. Less watering did the trick for all the girls to establish themselves early on. They get water now every 3 to 4 days and they are growing like crazy. So far its been ph’d water only amd Tribus Grow. Theu also got Great White when they were transplanted into the big pots. By the 15th or 20th the big girls will get flipped and the Vader will go till the end of the month.
Heres the Vader

Smoke report on the SD is SC is that they are both really smooth. The SD is smelling really skunky like and has a gassy taste but the SD auto was more of the sour pheno than this foto. No complaints tho because I get HAF already on it. The SC is mellow at the moment which tells me its still transitioning. The weekend will be 2 weeks since bottling.
Ok folks gotta get to work…squeeze ya later!

2 Likes

Said I wasn’t gonna do it, I know.
But I went for it with the intentions to finish em outside as the weather changes here in NY.

Have a great Sunday folks!

2 Likes

Hi @Not2SureYet, here’s my page…

2 Likes

Just a quick update.
Hope everyone is ready for the weekend.
Spring is in the air here in NYC and the Money is coming back evidenced by all the activity of the locals returning and the traffic. Any one tells you the rich are moving out of NY is trying to sell you a bridge. People think that the rich are gonna leave behind $20 Mil homes or put em for sale?? Who would buy them but another fatcat… keep your mask on, get the shot and let’s get back to normal.
Any way…
Here’s the new set up shots with the 2 tents going again. The little tent has the Vader OG and The new auto seedlings. They will go into permanent homes this weekend.

The TH seeds Stracciatella on the left and the Citral Glue on the right and the Basil in the rear.
Another 3 hours to go and I’ll be ready at 4:20pm!!!
Enjoy y’all!

3 Likes