Abouttime's 3rd grow with a summer twist

Congratulations @abouttime ! Those are some gorgeous buds :grin: and Happy New Year :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Nice! @Gremmall and @GreenJewels I’m liking this auto sour rt now…
Can’t wait to hit this one…Diesels have always been special to me. With an auto and a photo going, I’m gonna have that strain covered!
Of course, I’ll be watching both of yours too!! DROP 'EM!!!..LOL!!

2 Likes

Thanks @Missiles, Happy New Year!!
I’ll be by to visit (your page) later on.
Gotta get to work!!

1 Like

I’m super stoked! Hey what about Mote? He’s dropping one too, right?

2 Likes

I’ll be keeping an eye out for your grow offs @GreenJewels and @Gremmall. Heres my Jan 1 drops… all three that went into soil, have broken ground. The Stracciatella (TH seeds) has taken off. The Vader OG and The Citral Glue (TH seeds) have both shed thier shells and I expect to see them opened up by the time I get home tonite.
This mornings pic.

The 3 autos spent the night in the garage with a couple of 65 w 4’ CFL’s grow lights on them and temps that were in the 50’s in there all night. It was 34 outside here on LI. I pulled em back into the room this morning before I left and tonite I’ll check how they did. I’m keeping a close eye for more trichs and amber on the cloudy ones that there are already.
Ciao for now folks!

2 Likes

Dang, that sour diesel is a beauty. And wow, that Super Silver Haze is a frosty beast. That’s another I’ve wanted to grow for a while. Eventually I’ll give it a try. I do love a Haze!
Maybe you’ll get some groovy colors with the cold. The description on fastberry says cool temps bring out the color. I may have to throw my fb in the cool canning closest when it’s her time. Purple buds with purple leaves would be neat.

2 Likes

Its surprising me too…both of them really…they really took off with the Jacks IMHO.
I had ILGM Blackberry Kush and Super Skunk both go purple with the lower temps. And a LA cake that went to that strawberry color. I also think a little nute deficiency helps as well at the end. These girls are very happy nute wise and I’m getting hardly any yellow leaves as well and not much with purples either other than a slight purple tint to the BCN Critical, but these may not have an inherently purple gene in them like the Blackberry or a Purple Haze.

Here it is @ThcinKC, @Killadruid welcome to my page…
3 days later and here they are.

The Vader OG popped first but hasn’t opened up her petals yet while still stretching. She’s gonna take her time and that’s ok.
The Sour Diesel was chilled in the garage for 2 days and she ambered up quite a bit. It was 55 in there all the time with a couple 65w grow cfls I have in there for “shop” lights.

She’s been hanging for 2 days so far.
ILGM Sour diesel Auto… very nice simple plant.
The other 2 autos the super Silver haze and royal gorilla are still going and are being flushed now.
10 to 14 days to go.

The photos are in hi gear now.
The Sour Diesel blurp on and off.

And the Strawberry Cough, co-starring two clones and basil plant.
Your all caught up!
Puff puff …pass!

1 Like

Hi folks…I’ve been busy with trimming bottling, feeding, smoke testing and trying to work in between.
The Sour Diesel came out outstanding. Props to ILGM for that. Its only been in jars for a few days but its awesome already.

The yields so far in jars of the SD in front, the Moby on the back left and the BCN Critical on the right.

The Moby ended up being small buds but potent and sticky after 2 weeks in the cure…
The BCN is awesome too, sticky and nice clear buzz so far after only a week in jars.
The Royal Gorilla didn’t come out right I believe. She drying and should have around 2 ozs.
The Super Silver Haze is still fattening up if that can be possible. She has another week to go I think.

I got a picture last night of the Sour Diesel foto but not the Strawberry Cough.
Heres the Diesel

Lots of heads on this sucker. I really dig the one plant in the entire tent. Its not the usual variety for me like this but its def manageable and the yield will be awesome. I think now that I’ve gotten better at this, I can run the risk with putting all my eggs in one or 2 baskets. After all with one or 2 plants only, you run the risk of failure and have nothing. But with 2 good ones I can be more focused and go for better yields everytime out.
So with that in mind, I did 3 new seedlings with one as a backup and right outta the gate one wanted to self decapitate out of the shell. I let her ride it out and after a little shock she’s showing a second set of leaves and may recover. She’s the Vader OG bag seed on the right. The Stracciatella and Citral Glue are stretching due to the weak light but its ok…im not ready yet to tent em.

Thats it…its off to con my wife into trying the Sour Diesel auto…hehehe…

3 Likes

Well hello hello hello, yeah man the sour diesel came out stellar…smooth and packs a punch… im finally happy with the quality of an auto. Its my best auto yet.
The Royal Gorilla was dried and trimmed and its curing…it ended up with a grassy smell before bottling but its subsiding every day. It stinks of grass enough so that I have no inclination to try it yet. And thats OK, cuz the Moby Dick came out great and the BCN Critical is smelling good too and tastes great. Not as piney and gassy as the diesel but its smooth.
The Silver Haze lost a top of a cola when the stem gave out due to the weight.

Here’s the rest in the garage doin its last days in the cold.

Shes been in the garage for a few days to get her to finish. Temps in there have been in the 50’s. She is hardy because she doesn’t seem to care about the cold, but the trichs are popping in clusters. I should try a closeup shot before I chop her.
The photos are humming along. I moved the second QB into the smaller tent with the strawberry cough.
Just in time too because there was bleaching going on from the blurple just being too damn close. It was maxed out to the top of the 60" tent.
I think she’ll bounce back.

The Big Sour Diesel is humming along with the pair of clones in the corner.

The new ladies have been slowed down to give me time to get a tent ready but I had to put 2 in their permanent homes because they were getti g tall and lanky.
The Vader OG is still fighting to survive after a rough start that ain’t over yet…she needs another set of leaves to pop for her to survive but she’s taking her sweet ass time. They were popped Jan 1

Thats it folks, your all caught if your keeping up!
Be safe and stay stoned!!

3 Likes

Me too! The recent Grove Fire was in a tent to herself and she did a nice job of filling it out. The only problem is, I have so many strains I have yet to try and I’m always in a hurry to pop them :grin: I can hear them calling " plant me now" :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:
Congratulations on the harvest :v::green_heart:

1 Like

I’m the same way @GreenJewels, I have over 300 seeds in the house of probably 30 strains and want to try them all!! I’m figuring out that, tho I see the point in the autos, they’ve been a hit or miss for me so far and I’m pissed because I’ve wasted time nutes soil water and lights on them to get a shitts return. When the fotos are great no matter what strain yield, potency and texture wise. I’ve gotten some good yields from autos and pushed them to be more amber but they just don’t seem to be as strong as the fotos. I have a few more good autos to try out and see what grows best. I’ll say that ILGM auto Sour Diesel is excellent in every way, from grow to smoke and its one of the most potent of the ones I tried from ILGM. I’m running that again in the spring outside to start… But I’m admittedly still a noob so take that with a grain of salt…lol
With only 2 tents I’ll still be doing some in house guerilla farming tho with 3 plants.
Have a great day!

1 Like

:grin: Noob, idk about that :wink:
Maybe always learning something but a noob, idk. Don’t we loose that title after a couple years? You damn good for a newbie :rofl:
I have seen some large autos but your definitely right, a lot less return from autos. I don’t seem to get as dense of bud. When I pop the Jack Herer auto I’m gonna give her my all and see if I can get her frosty and dense. Seems like the autos just don’t have the terpenes that the photos do.

Definitely understandable. If we did the math, I’m sure we’re paying a hefty amount per Oz for the Auto. It’s to early in the morning for math though :grin::v::green_heart:

3 Likes

Yeah don’t try math this early…it’ll cook off any good wake and bake ya did real fast…lol.
But I’m glad you agree about the autos… I mean, I can just grow a reg with a 6 to 8 week veg time and get double the plant for the same amount of time… on the BCN critical I just did,it went quicker than 3 months for an auto for me and in the end its a little larfy. A couple of hard nugz but mostly soft larfy structure. I did 16 hours all the way thru till the end on em too. The sour diesel auto I just finished came out great in everyway, but growing autos, hasn’t been consistent from strain to strain. I’m not totally giving up yet on em…I still have a poop-load of seeds of em!
Thanks for the compliments as well, @greenjewels, but yeah, I still consider myself a noob at 2 solid years into steady growing. I’ve gotten everything down but the dry and cure timing, but each one I chop I’m getting better at it.
I haven’t spoiled one in a year now, but I’ve lost a few getting it right before that. I guess when I get paid for my results I’ll be a pro. As of now I’m still an amateur making his own and saving a ton of $$.
Happy Friday and thanks for checking in on me… Ill swing by you laterzz!

2 Likes

Wow ur a busy person id say as busy as I am now days with grows

1 Like

Got some time on my hands @Killadruid, with no where to go these days man…wish I had your results but I’m working on it!!
How’s it by you!

2 Likes

Its been super busy at the shop I work at. Had the 3 year old on the snowboard hill. Was a blast. Ive been super busy gpt the Instagram ive been trying to keep up with along with on here. Gf doing a little better but she still not 100 yet.

2 Likes

Oh and btw its cold up here 12 today

1 Like

Your living life bro!! Good to hear your working, alot of people are at home waiting for this to end and for things to pickup again. Getting a little snow here in NYC today but its not that cold man. You can hold on to that!! Heads up on the snow board, the singer in my band just ran into a tree and tore his acl, tore his meniscus and had a nice hematoma on the thigh for a week. Them trees’ don’t move man!!

2 Likes

A little update is in order here. The Super Silver Haze has been trimmed and bottled. The Royal Gorilla is almost ready. Shes taking the full 2 weeks to get her scent back.
The photos are kicking it. The strawberry cough is smelling wonderful and the nugz are solid. The same can be said for the Sour Diesel photo. They have a few weeks to go yet.
The new girls are coming along and the Vader OG bag seed is coming along. Im hoping the cough is done by the end of the month so I can get the 3 of them under a QB finally.
The Stracciatella is stretching like crazy due to the weak ass bulb and the Citral glue is doing the same. I’ve been pushing down on the petals 3 or 4 times a day. Since I haven’t a plant stretch like this since my first grow under Chinese blurples, I am appreciating the QB lights even more.
The Vader right after her transplant. I’ll update with more pics later on. Have a great day everyone.

2 Likes