About to start outdoor grow

Ok, so I’m about to start2 seed for a outdoor grow I will keep them in side for first 3 or 4 weeks then they will go outside so my main question is bugs can I just surround it with diatamasious earth and that will take care of bugs or will I need other things @AAA @Big123 I plan to dig big hole fill with good dirt then put directly in ground

3 Likes

so what size container will be good for the first 4 weeks of veg inside

Diatomaceous Earth is a great choice. RAZOR sharp to insects. Diluted with water to spray, or sprinkle lightly.:wink::sunglasses:

1 Like

If you want to go big, minimum 10 gallon. preferred wild be 20 gallon plus.

Just for first 4 weeks

I got a big hole to fill good dirt

You can start in plastic cups with a few holes drilled in bottom. I would use seed starter mix soil if possible for best germination rates. You can repot in the something bigger if they grow fast before you put them in the earth.

2 Likes

18 ounce cups in picture.

2 Likes

I would rather put in a little bigger I’m not good with transplants would like to only transplant 1 time

Are you doing autos or photos?

1 Like

Autos white widdow 2 of them

I wouldn’t use plastic cups for autos unless they were 5 gallons, go 5 gallon if possible, maybe 1 or 2 gallons would work?

What sort of lights are you putting them under indoor?

Qb288 x2.

1 Like

You will be rocking it!

1 Like

Sweet so I got these 1 half gallon containers I’m use those for first few weeks

Neem oil. Diluted and spray every other week outdoors until flower. Do not spray when flowering

2 Likes

What happens if you put a plant in the ground too late in the season… will it bloom but only stunted?

1 Like

@JDsVoiceWorks

It depends on how long she has grown vegetatively, she may flower beautifully if she’s the right size and her roots can expand. I would factor in length of growing season/ sunlight available/ day length, and temperatures.

1 Like