About to start my first grow Autoflowers

How many plants will that light cover and is it strong enough for the entire grow?

Yes, for a single plant per light. If you want to run more than one plant then you will want 1 per plant or get an even more powerful LED like the SF4000 or an HLG 260 or 300.

As a general rule, you need ~45 watts per square foot of cannabis canopy.

1 Like

Its about as good a light as $200 will get you.

It will have one plant growing superbly.

If you stretch if for two, you may have to get creative training to maximize the potential, but itll yield very nicely.

Tryna grow 4 plants with it? You will struggle to maximize one let alone all 4.

Growing weed is less about plant counts and more about canopy optimization. One well grown plant can put out just as much or even more then 4 soso grown ones. In the end, its more square feet that matters then it is how many plants ur running

2 Likes

Great point.

1 Like

Likewise my guy. Well stated as usual

I just checked HLG. Unfortunately the 200 is sold out. There is a reason it is ā€¦ it is a good light

Another point is if you are filling the 2x4 tent - I would recommend 3 trained plants a 200 is designed to flower a 2x2 space.

HLG has some other options. The closest to your budget is 260W QB Rspec - I have three of them.
Another that may be more suited to a 2x4 is the 260W XL Rspec. It is the same power but the light is distributed over a longer space because of the longer heat sink. It also costs a bit more.
Lastly, is the 320W XL V2 Rspec. It has more juice and can cover the 2x4 without working up a sweat.

2 Likes

Hey @Lph008 , I will add my 2 cents. The recommended light from HLG, the Diablo, as mentioned will flower one plant. But that that one plant will give you more final product than growing two or three in that tent under sub par lights. Send the ones you got back and do the Diablo. Later when you can add another just buy a second one. I have gone from growing 6 spindly plants in my 3x4 tent to growing only 2 under better lights and pulling a pound of buds (After Drying) each grow. Light is the single most important purchase you will make. Trust this suggestion. You wont be unhappy.
And welcome to the forumā€¦Great help here.

Edit: Any HLG light is worth the money. If you can swing a larger one do it. The price only hurts onceā€¦Bad lights hurt everyday.

1 Like

I have a 32"Ɨ32"Ɨ63 tent what would be the best light in the $200-$250? Grow 2 plants possibly 3?

1 Like

In a 32 x 32? As youve heard a few times, that space is excellent for one plant. I keep mine short and trained and 2 x 2 is about as small as they normally get. Leaves u room to tinker and train.

The 260 QB R-Spec is probably ur next best bet behind the Diablo (as it is sold out). Check out Horticulture Lighting Group in you google machina. And see whats in you range

2 Likes

I use the 260 in A 2x4 works very well you wonā€™t be disappointed

1 Like

Got nothing to add to that other than super critical equipment @Lph008 . Take it from me, I winged it on my 1st grow. Learned a lot from peeps like PurpNGold on the importance of PH and TDS :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

@Lph008 ā€œGROWā€ is currently a valid discount code for HLG.

4 Likes

For autos, and a single product, check out Real Growers Grow Dots.

3 Likes

Iā€™m using them on photos now 6 weeks from flip no issues Iā€™m in the dots fan club now

2 Likes

I like the idea, but Iā€™m concerned with timing, I sometimes stay in veg for an extended timeā€¦

1 Like

Is ViparSpectra a good brand for lighting?

1 Like

They sell burples. I wouldnā€™t trust any business that sells burples because of all of the lies these sellers have told. Once a liar, always a liar. The only former burple manufacturer Iā€™ve come to trust is Spider Farmer.

Iā€™m sure there are a few Viparspectra fans around. Iā€™m not one of them.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s an example of how these burple manufacturers do business. I bought a burple several years ago. It sucked and I wrote a 1-star review. The seller emailed me and offered me $20 to change or delete my review. They then offered $30, then $40, then $50. They eventually stopped emailing me since I ignored the emails. They were very aggressive. Donā€™t believe the reviews for these products. The reviews are manipulated.

2 Likes

Update, i bought a HGL 260w qb v2 rspec.

3 Likes

Excellent choice :+1:

1 Like