About to start my first grow Autoflowers

Bought a 2x4 tent and 2 600watt leds. Autoflower Seeds are currently germinating. (Sour Diesel/ Amnesia Haze/ Blue Dream and UK Cheese)plan on running 3 or 4 autos in 3 gallon pots. Fox Farms Strawberry Fields to start.
What nutrients should i order? Is there a all in one? Anything else that i should order now? Ill be ordering a inline carbon filter in the next couple weeks.

1 Like

Hi there. welcome to the neighborhood :grinning:
What lights did u get? The nutes a lot of us use is Jack’s 321. Very easy, straightforward, and schedule. fox farm ocean forest is a popular cannabis friendly soil and u don’t have to feed nutes dor at least 4 to 5 weeks. Have fun and we love pics!!

2 Likes

Most leds are very misleading. The equivalent too is basically bs. U want to check the draw at the wall.

Nutes wise? Jacks 321 is popular and for good reason. I would also get a good microbe inoculatant. Real Growers Recharge is a good one. As is Tribus.

I saw no mention of meters. PH meter I recommend Apera 20, best $50 bang for buck one you can find. Ppm/tds/ec meter is less important. U can go with the 10-12 variant of that one.

3 Likes

I already bought the fox farms strawberry fields. I dont plan on transferring them at all. Will this soil be good? Currently no pics, i will habe some pictures on the next few days once im set up. As far as lights, i went with 2 cheap 600w leds. I was originally growing outside but i literally just said screw it and ordered a tent and lights

1 Like

This?
Limited-time deal: LED Grow Light 600w KOSCHEAL Sunlike Full Spectrum Grow Lamp with Daisy Chain,2nd Generation Plant Light White Led with UV&IR for Hydroponics Indoor Plants https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S3T3TGH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dl_SEX825EZE9ENSHR3XEAF

More like 125 watts a light. So 250 total.

Strawberry fields (from my research n what ive seen around here) is nicely amended. It is their ‘flower ready’ soil. Ocean Forest is what people normally start veg with, but it should be good enough to get you rolling and possibly to week 5-7 without feeding

2 Likes

So are these lights efficient enough for a 2x4 tent?

Not really. You can do far better. The Koscheal light is built with LM281 LEDs, which is obsolete technology. You want an LED built with LM301 series diodes. The koscheal LED is 125 watt LED, not 600 watt. We call these burples, and the manufacturers of these LEDs are flat dishonest about the LED’s capability. You’d need 1 for each plant you have. Even at that, 125w really isn’t enough to flower single a plant effectively.

You might find this helpful.

2 Likes

The lights won’t get you through. Manufacturers are sometimes fibbers. The true wattage of this lite is only 65w

125w for the 600 model.

1 Like

I researched lights for awhile, alot of information and quite frankly overwhelming lol. So i just pulled the trigger. Can you recommend a light that will work for my set up for around $100-$150? I was originally going to order a vivosun vs1000

Oh man…thanks @MidwestGuy . I think i was adding the 2, but of course that didn’t come out right either. ooh brother…I must be befuddled. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I would recommend growing less plants if the cost of lighting is an issue. A Spider Farmer SF2000 or an HLG 200 Diablo are good choices for smaller grows, but they are only capable of flowering a single plant.

Keep in mind that lighting is the single most important factor for a productive grow. If you try to grow with inadequate lighting, you will get inadequate buds.

1 Like

The claims can be difficult to interpret. Power draw from the wall is what matters and old technology is just not efficient (meaning more of the actual wattage goes toward generating heat rather than light.)

1 Like

Ok so there isn’t a decent light that will work in that price range? What about a $200 budget? Lol Sorry, it was supposed to be outdoor so this is all new expenses.

1 Like

The HLG 200 Diablo is right at $200 last I checked. You might be able to find a discount code to use. “DUDE” used to be a valid code, but I’m not sure that it works any more.

1 Like

You will need some type of plant riser and tray to catch runoff. This part of growing can be a PIA so I recommend making it as easy as possible to collect, take pH & PPM readings and dispose of runoff.

Some use a moveable plant caddy that also collects runoff
https://www.amazon.com/Skelang-Movable-Planter-Loading-Capacity/dp/B085D9S3KC/ref=dp_prsubs_3?pd_rd_i=B085D9S3KC&psc=1

I use an elevated rack with a saucer below

Or a much less convenient option is this riser placed inside a 12" saucer (green pictured above)

A 14" is easier to remove runoff from if used in combination with the riser.

In this case I would also recommend something to suck the runoff out of the tray. Since it is only a few plants a large syringe can do the job
https://www.amazon.com/Syringes-Dispensing-Scientific-Watering-Refilling/dp/B07688FXVF/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=3RYHGYJIMGZ62&keywords=300ml+syringe&qid=1651667476&sprefix=300ml+s%2Caps%2C157&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyRzJGVTc2RFlWOUFTJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzY1NjYzMUlYTU5DQjVOUk82UCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjUwNDQ0M0RTOVZQSlBVWkUxQyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Welcome and good luck
oops missed adding the gro pro NX riser

1 Like

When I do autos I go strawberry fields on the bottom ( this is good for flowering stage ) then FFOF in the middle ( this is good for veg state ) and Happy Frog at the top. Happy Frog doesn’t have a ton of nutes so its less likely to burn your seedlings. Also, add perlite to your strawberry fields, its not been known for great drainage.
Happy Growing and welcome aboard.

1 Like

If you get the HLG Diablo you will not regret it. Amazing light.

3 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood. You will be in good hands with this neighborhood! Happy Growing :blush::v:

2 Likes