About to give up

Don’t give up just don’t give a shit. Yep. Just let them grow. They are weeds. Don’t water as much, don’t feed as much. Now I’ve only grown 10 plants. But I just let them grow. I did see some bugs so I sprayed them with neem. But I don’t test ppm or anything. Maybe I’m just a lucky guy but this is this years grow. That back one is over ten feet tall.

1 Like

Not to me, lots of white pistils and buds have not even started the swell yet, looks like 3-4 weeks to go from what I’m seeing.

2 Likes

Great to hear from ya man, very sound advice. I figured what I was feeding was enough since autos are more sensitive to nutes but from everything I’ve noticed it definitely feels like they’re hungry.

The last thing I fed them was Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom (3 tsp/gal Big Bloom, 2 tsp/gal Tiger Bloom, 1 tsp/gal Cal Mag) and before that I was doing 1.5 tsp/gal Big Bloom, 1 tsp Grow Big, 1 tsp Tiger Bloom, 1 tsp Cal Mag

I figured that would be enough. But I think my problem is that I don’t feed enough N during the pre flower stretch period (I skipped using Grow Big when I first started feeding which was right when flowering started). But at this point even though it seems like a N problem I don’t wanna start feeding N so late into flowering, especially since both the Tiger Bloom and Cal Mag I use have 2% N in them.

1 Like

Also, the type of regular water I’m using is distilled water with 1 tsp/cal mag per gallon

1 Like

Well the best way to keep the yellow death away is nitrogen (Grow Big), CalMag and Tiger Bloom do not have enough nitrogen for the job, as you can see.

If they were my plants, I’s give them a nice feed at next watering that includes Grow Big (along with the other parts of the trio) and keep using grow big for another couple weeks.

According to the FF feed schedule, you should be using Grow Big for first 5 weeks of flowering (weeks 5-9 in schedule below), think you cut it out a bit early and many growers would say the schedule cuts down on Grow Big too early.

1 Like

good basic info on ph

3 Likes

Always the best at explaining things, straight to the point. Thank you my friend. I shall feed more grow big for the next couple weeks and hopefully save this grow. If not, at least I’ll know better for next time. Hopefully…

1 Like

Magnesium is the biggest downfall I found when using fox farms. They’re really light on it and I always ran into magnesium issues until I started supplementing epsom salt. I started adding a teaspoon/gallon on water only days and it helped tremendously.

5.9 runoff is normal in fox farms soils, and a lot of other soils. Trying to correct that can cause some big issues also.

When you run out of the fox farms, look into jacks 321. Super simple and cheaper.

3 Likes

Maybe even sooner :wink:

2 Likes

We must be looking at two different pics.Are you telling me you can actually see white pistils?..BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

For my general info.
Do you find using epsom salt as primary Mg source better than using CalMag combo? Just with Fox Farm or in general?

I ran cal mag thru veg and switched to magnesium for flower because it was always magnesium that the plants were coming up short on.

3 Likes

Question dosen’t calmag have magnesium in it?

Yes that’s the mag part

Never tried Epsom salt thinking calmag had enough for the flower stage.

Most calmags have nitrogen in them. I don’t want the extra nitrogen in flower.

How do you not? Those things are straight as an arrow too. White with no curl. They got time.

5 Likes

Auto pots In coco coir! Your welcome

Once I ‘discovered’ the magnification tool,I have to totally agree… :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Yes, I see lots of white pistils.

4 Likes