About to give up

I started growing last summer, and after 5 grows I still have yet to have a successful one.

It’s the same story every time, everything goes great up until flowering and then when flowering hits it’s just problem after problem. This current grow is no different. Was great then when flowering hit all of the leaves got yellow and no matter how much I feed the deficiencies just keep getting worse.

Started off feeding 1/2 strength FF trio after 3 weeks in FFOF and when they started to flower. I would feed every other watering. My runoff ppms are always between 300-1000 and I feed between 500-800 every time. The problem is nobody really explained how ppms and feedings actually work no matter how much I try to figure it out.

I’m under the impression that the ppms are a measurement of how much nutes and stuff is in the water you’re measuring. So if you feed 500 ppm for example, and your runoff comes out at 800, that means that 300 ppm was already in the soil, correct? The problem is, people say that your runoff ppm should be LESS than what you put in, which makes no sense to me - does that mean if I put in 500 ppm and get out 300 ppm, that means I had -200 ppm in my soil? Can someone please clear this up for me? I’m beyond confused

This is what my girls look like after almost 2 months. Is it even worth it to continue this or should I start over, hopefully knowing what I’m actually doing next time? My confidence is beyond shot at this point and all I want is to be able to grow decent buds. I’m so frustrated. Can someone please explain feedings, ppms or what I might be doing wrong. I fed enough N during this grow, there’s no reason my plants should look like this. But, as usual they do, with no explanation as all my numbers (ppms and ph) are all intact.

What PH are you feeding at?

6.5, for both regular waterings and feedings

OVER feeding and OVER watering.The two ‘biggest’ mistakes many people make.If you decide to try again,dont feed at all UNTIL your plants ‘ask’ for food…good luck… :grinning:

1 Like

Don’t start over till she is dead. You wouldn’t have wanted your mom to throw you out cuz of a skinned knee would you?

6 Likes

That’s what I did last time, and before I knew it my plants were all yellow and purple out of nowhere and it was simply too late to save them. Also I only water when the soil is dry and the pot is light. Do these look over watered and over fed to you? Do you think I should just start over at this point?

Fair point. Just don’t wanna waste time on something that’s not going to work if I could just start over and mess it up again

1 Like

@Covertgrower is an ace in the pocket of any grower here. @Hellraiser is one of the most commonly referred to pro’s here. And @MidwestGuy is this months Regular of the month. These cats will likely square you away.

4 Likes

Just drop another seed, 3 plants is better then two.

1 Like

I have been growing for 50 years (‘busted’ at 15,in ‘73’,685 plants,they said…:>)…on and off…I am also an ‘avid’ vegetable gardener and landscaper,all on my own property as I am retired…that said,I NEVER add ANYTHING to ANYTHING I grow just because the bottle ‘tells me to’…my best advice is patience…good luck… :grinning:

6 Likes

Just need to have a different gameplan this time around. I honestly have no idea what to fix

1 Like

All those I tagged in will be responding soon enough. Give em a few hrs. Likely won’t take that long. All are VERY active on the boards. @Oldhippy aint no slouch either.
Might wanna fill out this support ticket. It will help them to diagnose your plant.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile!

1 Like

2 month old autos?

I understand man, I really want to have that mentality but I feel like if I do something I overfeed, and if I don’t do something I underfeed. Maybe autos aren’t for me with how quickly things happen but I feel like I have to go in with a specific gameplan for anything to work out.

Also yes, these are 2 month old autos. iLGM white widows.

Thank you mate. If I could get Hellraiser’s help that would be great, his grow guide helped me learn most things in the beginning, although I know he doesn’t do autos. Here’s the ticket:

White Widow; autos

Soil: FFOF

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?: Runoff oh at 5.9, oh going in is at 6.5

What is strength of nutrient mix?: 500-800 ppm

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

Light system, size?: LED (Spider Farmer 2000)

Temps; Day, Night: 80-82 during day, 76-78 at night (I know this is a little hot, it’s impossible to keep temps down this time of year)

Humidity; Day, Night: 65-70%. Even with a dehumidifier, this factor has also been near impossible to control

Ventilation system: AC Infinity 6" inline fan, regular oscillating fan inside the tent

No AC

Co2: I keep the window in the basement open. Does that count?

That 5.9 PH on runoff is quite possibly the culprit… You want to be about 6.5 in FF soil. Even if there are enough nutrients in the soil she may be locking out… I’d personally start there before trying any other solutions and compounding problems.

May be worth doing a slurry test as well just to confirm where the soil is at.

3 Likes

May want to look into organic for your next grow. They sell stuff on amazon you just mix into the bottom half of your soil. Never have to worry about feeding. Just need to PH water and give her cal mag at flower. I haven’t had trouble. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FKWPK3F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

This is solid advice. Center distance between the side of your pot and the main stem 2 inches down. I used the metal tube from the TP holder in my bathroom, disinfected of course, to pull a plug of soil. Kinda the same way they get ice cores for research in the artic. Mix equal parts soil and water in a cup ( 1 tblspoon soil and 1 tblspoon D.I. Water) (distilled) for 1 min, then let it sit for 15 mins and ph slurry.

2 Likes

I cant tell much from your pics but those look ready to harvest!

1 Like

Hey Tank,

Don’t listen to those people, runoff ppm is normally more than what you put in as the nutrients and salts gets built-up in the medium. I always expect runoff ppm to more than input ppm.

That was most likely a week or 2 too soon to start feeding, FFOF can go a bit longer without added nutes and may have created some early issues.

That’s too weak for a water/feed/water schedule and more in-line if you were feeding every watering. And 500-800 ppm is quite a wide range, I feed my plants 925-950 ppm every single watering with Jacks 321.

Your plants are hungry as evidenced by the early yellowing but you don’t have too long to go (3-4 weeks) so no reason to give up on them at this point.

Need to keep the yellow death away for a few more weeks to get you to harvest without a bunch of dead bud leaves.

What was the last feed - exactly how much of each FF trio did you give? If giving anything else, let me know that as well.

What kind of water - tap, RO, etc?

4 Likes