About to flower

Hi there. This is my first grow, though I’ve watched many others. I’m in the north of Scotland, we don’t get 12/12 days here until the middle to end of September. Just wondering if anything much will happen as what I’ve seen grow was always inside with lights and hydroponic equipment. I’m using soil and nutrients for my first one out in my greenhouse. Thanks in advance. :v:t2:

4 Likes

To make it Advance into flower you could always cover it with a large black plastic bag.
Welcome to the forum!
@Senor_Dipshit PS we love pictures!

2 Likes

Haha, thought definitely crossed my mind. Unfortunately, I’ve not been blessed with nice neighbours. I’m rather near their road as it’s in my garden and I’m still getting some outdoor smells, even though I’ve got a fan pumping the air through a carbon filter. I suppose I’ll just have to wait it out and hope it doesn’t get too cold outside. I’m also having a few issues with the tips of the top leaves turning brown and curly. Any thoughts on that are welcome, and thank you for the welcome.

3 Likes

Just saying high. I never had to cover for flowering but my climate is more tropical than northern Scotland. The experts will get you good advice tho.

2 Likes

Welcome! Yeah; like @Covertgrower said you can artificially recreate 12/12 to start flower but you have to stay with it. Containered plants can be trucked into the garage or other indoor space to get into complete darkness. I don’t know if you have any mobility issues and the space but that’s the simplest way to get where you want to go.

BTW: my wife and I loved Scotland. What a beautiful country, lovely people and rich history. After touring the Scottish War Museum I can see why there is a lot of resentment of the British. Truly abominable what was done. On our last night before heading back we had dinner in a pub in Edinburgh and at some point as I’m getting a couple of pints I struck up a conversation with the bartender. Ended up showing him (and 6 or 7 others!) a bunch of weed pics on my phone and they all allowed as how they needed to move to California haha! Good times…

3 Likes

Haha, hello. Yeah, many Scottish people are friendly. I was going to artificially manage my plants by moving them, only, they’re a little large to be moved. Some are over 6” and there’s ten of them. I’ll probably just wait it out until October and purchase a small heater for the greenhouse.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Get a thick tarpaulin to pull over your green house. That will stimulate 12/12

2 Likes

That’s a great picture thank you!! Small trees in there! :evergreen_tree: :deciduous_tree:
Like HornHead mentioned, you’ll have to get quite a few tarps to get it dark in there.

1 Like

Hello @Senor_Dipshit!

This is belated . . . But welcome to the Forum. I’m also quite new myself, 24 days.

If you’re north of Scotland, you must be in the Highlands?

Scotland is one of the foremost places I’d like to visit and perhaps stay awhile to experience life in the Scottish Highlands. I’ve done some readings on Scotland, in particular, the Highlands and the Isle of Skye.

I purchased a photo license for my personal use. It’s a scene of a cottage beside the Drynoch bridge at Balgown on the Isle of Skye. I blew it up to almost mural size.

:deer:

1 Like

Hello, and yes, I’m on the Isle of Lewis.
Thanks for the welcome! If you’ve got any specific questions regarding anywhere near me, I’d be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.
@Prince33

1 Like

2 Likes

Finally starting to see the flowers starting. :grin:

2 Likes

How are the flowers progressing?

Photos perhaps? :hibiscus:

I’m having some bud rot issues. One plant got bad mould, so she went outside. :pleading_face:

3 Likes

You can try a 50/50 mix of 3% peroxide and water. It will kill the mold on contact. And if you can increase the air flow in ur green house that will help too.
High humidity is a root cause. :+1::v:
@Senor_Dipshit.

1 Like

Very nice looking…

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s right now, hopefully only a few weeks to go. :crossed_fingers: Not entirely sure, time will tell. Opinions welcome. :grin:

1 Like

I used a 50/50 mix of 3% hydrogen peroxide, it worked perfectly, thanks. The bids are smelling beautiful and they’re exceptionally sticky.

1 Like