About the Climate category

[Replace this first paragraph with a short description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters. Until you edit this text or create topics, this category won’t appear on the categories page.]

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, as well as to establish any category guidelines or rules.

Some things to consider in any discussion replies below:

• What is this category for? Why should people select this category for their topic?

• How is this different than the other categories we already have?

• Do we need this category?

• Should we merge this with another category, or split it into more categories?

2 Likes

Not being accustomend with forums, would it be improper to discuss straines and prices?

1 Like

High all,
Hopefully I’m doing this right.
I’m preparing for the 2018 outdoor growing season. Living in Iowa USA, our season is a bit short. What strains have a short life cycle? I start my seeds indoors in late March, transplant outside May 14th, and hopefully harvest in early October. Thats roughly 7 months from germination to harvest. I don’t do autoflower. I like short plants with big potent buds that are mature within my 7 month growing period.
Your input is greatly appreciated!
David

1 Like

Need help. Im growing in Southern California. Its dry and hot climate here. I need help picking some strains to grow that will do great in my climate. I qas thinking the kush pack? And Maui Wowie? I want a strong
Pest resistant strain? Help me out guts

1st timer outdoors, in a greenhouse in southeastern Oklahoma USA.
In 10 gal. Cloth bags with coco & vermeculite.
Trying to choose Seeds Strains mainly but have aThousand questions.
Ty for any help you can offer. - Rick

Hey Rick. I, too, live in Oklahoma. I’ve been a collector of seeds for awhile, but I ended up with 2 clones from “The Peak Dispensary” in Tulsa. Have you been to any dispensaries locally? I plan on growing in a greenhouse as soon as I find it. I am growing heirloom strains mostly. With each grow, I get closer and closer to budding. I can’t seem to get any further than that. However, each time I get closer I learn more. That keeps me going. Would you like to collaborate as we grow? Here are my clones as of now.

Ooops. There a re really only 2 plants. I accidentally put an extra picture of the 2.

2 Likes

Hey guys, just signed onto the site. I wanna get some autos here in ny, is that doable? I know a lot of other people suggest it but has anyone on here from ny got them safely?

I’m from South Jersey. What seeds are best for my area? I grow one or 2 plants in pots. I believe my grow zone is 7. I grow outside. Any advice is appreciated.

Planning on an Arizona grow if legalization is approved in 2 weeks.

I live in the Az desert and am planning an outdoor grow next spring. I’m considering 4 varieties - 2 autoflower and 2 regular feminized. I’m hoping to replace my grown son’s ADHD meds - so I want 2 stativa plants. Also wanting 2 indicia heavy strains to replace my sleeping pills. Here’s what I’m thinking:
AutoFlower: Sour Diesel (Stativa) Blueberry (Indicia)
Regular Feminized: Durban Poinson (stativa) Big Bud (indicia).
I’m brand new to growing and would love advice from experts. Thanks!

Need your advice to determine a variety(varieties) that will do well well in a hot semi-tropical environment such as northern Florida. Have looked over you material but would like some expert guidance.
Thanks in advance

Greetings from Virginia,

We go live on July 1. Yippee.

This said, I’ve scoured this awesome site for explanations on which strains are applicable to various regions, but I’m still a bit overwhelmed by all the info. I’m a beginner and I’d like to try growing a couple of 5 gallon containers (outside) in Central Virginia. The weather is fairly hot and humid between June and early September and temps will range from the low 80’s to the upper 90’s. My site is a backyard in suburbia with a privacy fence. The grow site is a mix of direct sunlight (50 percent) and some filtered / shaded light (50 percent). I have the ability to move the containers into a pagoda if it rains. I’m looking for some suggestions on strains that would be appropriate for this region. I’m a beginner.

By the looks of the guidelines it seems sativa strains or hybrids are better suited for this, but there appears to be a lot of range within all of these options. Also, I’m not looking to grow a tall plant as I’m still trying to feel out what my apparent privacy is as opposed to what I think it might be. A small to mid sized plant without the couch lock would be perfect.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Just curious if you ever got any help with your question. I’m in central Virginia and it gets fairly humid here too. Not as bad as Florida, but I’m thinking a strain that would work in Northern Florida would work in Central VA. Any advice?
Thanks

I’m having a really difficult time getting my seeds to germinate. They have been soaking for three weeks, only three have tiny germs. What should I do? I grow outside and am nearly out of time. Should I put the slit ones in dirt and sun, even though they are just barely open? Any advice would be welcome!