About the Seedling category

Hello, thank you very much for that info.! That is just the info that I needed to improve my out door plant!! Down in this part of the states, the insects, web worm’s and white flies are in full swing… have to check on my baby constantly. Thanks again, peace.

1 Like

Hi , was wondering when is to early to spray a plant with Neem oil mix.

I planted these seeds 11 days ago and im concerned that they made be dying. Can someone tell me what maybe my issue.

Overwater? Welcome, Help us help you.
Support ticket saves time asking provided answers.

Good growing to you. recommend search function FOR “DOME WATERING”

1 Like

Hello, new user here! Is it just me, am I missing something, have I already puffed too much today, or is there no obvious way to start a new topic? Trying to post some noob questions in the seedling forum… If anyone can explain to me how to start a new post I’d very much appreciate it. Thank you!

Hey all, i hope i am doing this correctly, i just had some questions on my first grow, i am growing some Skywalker OG, it is 11 days old today it seems to be going really well but im noticing my plant is starting to yellow a little bit, is it time to add nutrients (currently going to be using advanced nutrients micro, grow, and bloom 3 part fertilizer, can anyone reccomend anything better?) Or am i running into another issue? I am running a 5 gallon bucket hydroponic system that holds probably 3 gallons of water, two large airstones, PH is kept between 6.2 and 6.5 daily, humidity is still at 74 but i will be lowering it to 65 in a few days here, and temperature is at a steady constant 74F, the cotyledons still look healthy and strong at this point and thats the reason i have not yet supplimented nutrients, any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you all!

Got my G13 seeds to sprout…they had a film like matter when they sprouted in my cup of water so I put them in soil. I’m having a hard time once they break through…get to about 2 - 4 inches then die…I have all the proper lights and a grow tent and did grow a big batch last fall but I had a hard time getting the sprouts to get past the initial phase…
how far from the break thru sprouts should the lights be ? thanks for any help !! it’s fun once they get established

@t-pete When i started my first seed, i dropped in water for 24 hours, no heat mat or anything, put it in my closet with a rag covering the container it was in to ensure no light got through, after 24 hours i switched it out of the water and into a paper towel, once the tap root emerged i put it in a rockwool cube and lightly closed the top of the cube, after that i put the cube in my growing medium and i used a small light from walmart about 6-8 inches from the seedling, and it just exploded with growth, i actually really recommended this light for seedlings, its feit brand, ill take a picture and post it in a bit here, $40 and its perfect for seedlings and can even get you part way through veg, with 3 of those lights i got to week 4 of veg, before i upgraded to a pair of spider farmer SF 1000S (those are on amazon right now sold as a pair for $209) im a hydro guy so if you grow in soil this probably wont be of much help to you, but PH is so important, i think in soil youre looking for a ph of like 6.5? For hydro i have to jeep it around 5.8 and every single day 2 or 3 times a day im checking that ph and making sure it is in a good range, if your PH is out of whack, your plant wont take in the nutrients it needs, im still new to all of this but i believe that includes the nutrients already stored in the cotyledons when the plant still sprouts, so i absolutely make sure my PH is on point from day 0. I hope these little random bits of info can be of some help! Im only about a month into my first grow

1 Like

@t-pete also is your grow room temperature and humidity controlled yet? If not i 100% recommend looking into inkbird temperature and humidity controllers, you can plug a heater and an ac unit into the temperature controller and a humidifier and dehumidifier into the humidity controller, i personally only use a heater and a humidifier as ive never had a need for the ac unit or dehumifier, set the temp and RH% and you wont have to worry about those fluctuating and harming your plant. The only other thing i can recommend with the controllers is that you start by venting your grow room out of the house if its not already, buy two of each controller and set one pair of controllers in the room your tent is in, outside of your tent, and put a pair of the controllers in your tent, that way your tent isnt extremely hot and humid compaired to the room its in, this will save you from losing humidity and temperature when you open the tent door. Thats an issue im currently dealing with and will be getting a second set of the controllers

1 Like

Thanks a ton ! I will give it a try ! Tp

So this is my first time growing using an indoor tent. Humidity is about 60%, temp 22/23 C and I’m utilizing LED lights on a 18/6 light schedule. These seedlings are about 2 weeks since germination but my leaves appear wilted / droopy. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

@CrashbanQ i dont grow in soil, i think youre over watering though, let me tag someone in who should be able to answer your question for a fact though @Myfriendis410 @Ickey @Flitme @Fieldofdreams hopefully one of you can give him some advice!

2 Likes

Definite overwatering. Also those peat pots cause lots of problems. You need to dry the medium out as they are drowning.

Seedlings collect all of the water they need from the air through leaves. Watering the soil to saturation does nothing but damp off the developing taproot. No idea if you can dry them out before they expire.

3 Likes

That is what I am seeing, over watering. :blush::v:

1 Like

@CrashbanQ the best advice i can give you from a hydro grower to a soil grower, utilize this page!! You can learn just about anything you need to know here, if you cant find a topic already made for the question you have you can start a new topic, and generally have a good solid answer within the day, there are tons of amazing people, like the ones i tagged above that will be more than happy to help you get to the bottom of your issue and find a good solution, i have thousands of dollars dumped into my grow set up, yet this page will always be my most valuable tool in this hobby. There are no dumb questions and no judgement here! Were all growers just looking to help eachother out so we can all make it to harvest, have any questions, feel free to ask! Also one last thing, i recommend making your first new topic in the ‘show your grow’ category, and start a grow journal there, this will help you have a place to settle into the site and people will be able to find you that way too

2 Likes

Cheers mate!!! I’m 100% impressed with the knowledge and helpfulness I’ve received. It definitely adds to the excitement as a first time grower.

1 Like

@CrashbanQ Get used to it here, this is my first grow as well, and i was also amazed at how helpful and knowledgeable everyone here is, and theres virtually no ‘bad eggs’ here, ive come across nothing but positivity, im adding a link to my grow journal, just so you can take a look at just how helpful everyone can be, if it weren’t for this site i wouldve killed my first plant Just wanted to show off my first grow! Tips, tricks, comments?

1 Like

I bought 5 Mango Krishna seeds, used wet paper towel method to germinate, and only one seed germinated and is now growing well.
Can I get 4 replacement seeds please?

Hey just wanted someone with experience to let me know what they think of my plants germinated June 21 planted June 22 these pics are of right now I’ve never grown anything and just want clarity please and thank you

I have been a customer of Ilgm for some time now, I have had a few seeds not pop, I send them a note and they have replaced the seeds promptly. If you don’t like the site, the advice, or the price those are all things you can control. I have only gotten good advise and good results from this site