About the Seedling category

wow, thanks Hungrybud. I had no idea they were so sensitive,

by medium, you mean sterilized potting soil ?

The roots are starting to appear. I put under warm 60w light between
wet paper towel, not too wet.

The medium i use is Canna Terra pro it is suitable from germination to harvest, my first indoor grow i used no nutes until flower, if i use nute now in this medium its normally at 25% to 50% of the manufacturers recomendations, then i go off how the plants actually look and are performing in relation to the strain of the plant, never had any big problemsā€¦Let me know if your not sure about certain parts of the germination procedure, here to help :kangaroo:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if this is the right place to post or not Iā€™ve looked and have had no luck in trying to post on my own but can anyone explain this? Purchased these seeds from ilgm. This is a cali dream whatā€™s it doing or happening to it?

You need to re-write the section of ā€œthe grow bibleā€ on seed propagation. Your advice has caused all three of my first harvests to flower early. Now your advice looks laughable in the face of consensus and science. You say to light at first for 24 -7 and then to back off to 20 hours of light until planted outdoors! This obvious ridiculousness has ruined all three of my first three attempts to grow as they all pre-flowered leaving feeble results at best. Not only should this be retracted, you ought be sending me free seeds at the very least for falsely projecting yourself as an expert. Such a big market presence acting in this manor is shameful. I expect a reply from management promptly. If I hear nothing, I will share my feelings elsewhere, everywhere to expose you for what you are.

I would not buy seeds from this place. I bought twenty sour diesel as well as others and not one has germinated. Customer service is a joke. They send you an auto reply and then you get ignored. These people are crooks.

Hey buddy
Just send them another Email. They are not crooks. I am in Australia and always get my seeds. They always germinate. Maybe you need to change your approach to how you are germinating. Ask us any questions how to do it properly we are all happy to answer and help. But they are NOT CROOKS

6 Likes

What have I stumbled on to here? It sounds like blaming the supplier going on when itā€™s a lack of knowledge.

I have had my Gold Leaf feminised seeds soaking for 4 days and nothing has happened. My Banana Kush seeds only took 48hrs. Should I wait or plant them, or start again with new seeds.

2 Likes

Hey Folks:

First Time Grower and poster.
Um, How do you start a new thread?
My question:
I received a started-from-seed plant from a friend back in June. Its outside and doing pretty good.

I kind of ignored it for a few weeks this summer and realized it was not getting watered by our irrigation system so it kind of stunted a bitā€¦
I wanted to make clones so I took some cuttings. they are in the window and look pretty good after about a week. No visible roots but leaves are upright, green and strong (just as they looked on the plant).

I made the cuttings late in the plants life and concerned they wont root.

I am in SW FL and its still growing strong. Trics are mostly clear. A few have tan topsā€¦
Smells feaking awesomeā€¦
How am I doing?

My seedlings keep dying.
When my siblings are about an inch tall and showing their first true leaves, I keep getting a orange colored spots on the leaves and the seedlings died after about a week.
I have a 24 by 24 inch grow tent, 1200 watt LED light, circulating fan and temperature is 75 degrees with 50% humidity. Lux meter shows about 14,000 lux at the plant. I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing wrong. This is the third time my seedlings have failed. Desperately need to find out whatā€™s going wrong.

Anyone whose purchased baked sweets and blue mix can you shed some light on the abbreviations for what seeds are what please. I know GSC, BD, BLC, BNK any help identifying the rest is appreciated.

1 Like

@BamaGrowLabz ā€¦ā€¦ GSC-FP5 (Girl Scout Cookies photoperiod 5 seeds) and so on with the rest of the seeds.

Nice Plant

I have a question. I just built a 15 bucket recirculating DWC system. I am using a 6" mesh basket lid on % gallon buckets. I am using an expanded clay pellet medium. My question is, what is the best way to start/germinate/transplant seeds? Should I use a plug? If so, what type? Rockwool/Other?
I appreciate your help.

First time grower. This sprout is 6 days old. Any advice?

Hi. Iā€™ve just received my order and cannot work out the codes. I canā€™t remember what I ended up ordering and for some reason I donā€™t have an account to check back on. Can some one help please.

What are the codes? Look at the first 3 letters, that should be the strain. Usually the first letters of the strain.
Super skunk kush is SSK, strawberry kush is STK. Etc.
Hope that helps

1 Like

Hi not sure how I ask questions but maybe you can help
Iā€™m asking because I saw you are from Australia
I am trying to grow some seeds but clearly I have stuffed something up as they have not grown out of the jiffy .
I am in Vic and trying to grow in a grow tent
Firstly I put seeds in a glass of water until they had a root ,then put the seeds in those jiffy things that you have to soak.
Put the lid on jiffy pot and put on a warm seed mat at 24deg with a small led coloured light to keep warm 24/7 have been like that for 2 weeks
Today I looked at seeds and they hadnā€™t grown at all so buggered lol
I gave them a light spray of water twice a day .
Clearly doing something wrong so much conflicting info out there
Please help

Hi there
Just fill a disposable plastic cup with coco soil. Once you soak the seeds in water then proceed to place the seed in the soil root down. i use a toothpick to make a small hole in the dirt to place it inside. Lightly cover back up with the soil and place under the light. Do not use the heat mat. Do not bother covering up the top of the cup with plastic etc. Leave it open. This way works so flawlessly for me. Its a weed so trying to hard to germinate it with all the extra work only makes it harder. (Lids, Jiffy, Heatmats etc)

Good luck
P.S
Just finished a beautiful grow of gorilla glue. SENSATIONAL end result

1 Like

Will this work in our winter as it gets very cold
Worried that itā€™s not going to be warm enough for germination thanks for your reply