About the Lighting category

“Hey” Is no way to start a conversation

1 Like

hey guys and gals. just learning lighting and got a good grasp. i am know looking into building a light from scratch i know a bunch about par and spectrum and other things but im still trying to figure out how to read led chip descriptions. i know you need forward voltage to know how many chips a driver will push. i know you dont want to exceed the max amps and the higher amps you push the more cooling you need. what i dont understand is on the digi key site were it has the whole description. it tells you the lumens per watt but not the max wattage if that makes sense. for example if it says 36 forward volts and max amps 2.0 that means i could have a 80 volt driver that is 1.5 amps push 2 of these chips am i correct . the part were im confused is how many watts will these chips be or how many lumens will it produce at this amps. with out the total watts i cant know the max lumens. i just need to know so i can know if i will be buying 4 chips or 400 chips to get a 2x4 room filled. im going to put a link to an example page any help is greatly appreciated.https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/cree-inc/CXA2530-0000-000N0HU240G/CXA2530-0000-000N0HU240G-ND/5301437?utm_adgroup=&mkwid=sf4bcuAaz&pcrid=311509559966&pkw=&pmt=&pdv=c&productid=5301437&slid=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1MXpBRDjARIsAHtdN-1-gTony89tQKlPjCtSvYtrW-EXN1aJG7AtkseYtAeurLb-VIPgra0aAn9FEALw_wcB

Hope this goes to correct spot !!! I’m using just 1 600 watt LED only have 3 plants in this particular tent 5x5 there flowering good but bottom limbs aren’t getting enough lux or something is up with this 1 light I have, anyway you think the 600 watt light could be the problem? Thanks Okla Grower

I have a question. I will be starting my outdoor grow indoors and transferring them outdoors in May as usual. This year I will be growing auto AND quick flowering, photo plants. I will be using T5 lights until the transfer.

Any advice for the the time schedule too use? I know 18/6 is standard, but I don’t have two light rooms to separate the plants, so they will be in one room until the transfer. 18/6 is fine for the photo, but will the schedule have a detrimental affect on the auto’s yield? . . . thanks for your advice

Has anyone tried Kogan LED Lights?

Hi there, I too am a total noob. I am looking at getting a Kogan Tent and noticed they also have LED.

I’m just a poor boy so I don’t have a lost of cash to throw around.

600W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum

The Grow Light is designed to stimulate plant growth by emitting a light appropriate for photosynthesis where there is either no naturally occurring light, or where supplemental light is required. It provides a light spectrum similar to that of the sun and outdoor conditions are mimicked with varying colour, temperatures and spectral outputs from the grow light, as well as varying the lumen output (intensity) of the lamps.

Features:

• High PAR value
  • For all stages of plant growth
  • Up to 70% costs savings
  • Advanced thermal management system
  • Life expectancy 50-100,000hrs
  • Indoor use
  • Standard Australian plug
  • RCM, SAA, CE, RoHS certified

Specifications:

• LED Quantities: 60pcs 10W LEDs
  • Avg. Power Draw: 100watt
  • Perfect for 2ft x 2ft vegetative coverage at 24” height
  • Perfect for 1.5ft x 1.5ft flowering coverage at 18” height
  • LEDs Angle: 90° – 120°
  • Input Voltage: AC100-240V
  • Frequency: 50-60Hz
  • Lifespan: 100,000 hours
  • Replaces a 250watt HPS/MH
  • Spectrum: 450nm~470nm, 620nm~630nm, 650nm~670nm, 6000K

Package Content:
1 x LED grow light
1 x Australian plug
1 x Hanging Kit
1 x User manual

I am getting a 48x24x60 tent. Would a 1000 watt LED be to much. Was looking at getting the king’s plus LED light

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
I’m on my first grow, I’m looking for a cheap led light for a micro grow box (50×50×80)cm.
Which one is better:

• 50w / 6000k or 3000k / 4250lumen
  • 100w / 6000k or 3000k / 8500lumen
    They’re both made with smd2835 chips led
    Peace✌

Hi Folks, I’m new here and mostly a micro dwarf grower, so I have been testing these AMAZON "ECRU 150 or 200 watt /Full Spectrum and Blurple LEDs (Act. wattage 27-35) " with one (1) 26 watt, CFL in the Unique Hydroponics 2x2x3’ cabinet.

Q.1. . "When Growing IN VERY TIGHT SPACES can Sunshade (fly) screen be used to reduce light intensity when the plant’s canopy height can NOT be adjusted anymore to compensate ? tHE configuration has a fixed height of 36 inches?

Seriously, no other choices but to use CFLs if not.
Oh, btw works pretty good since I upgraded to quiet, USB i/o fans and a cool, floor air intake.

Appreciate any help, thoughts?
(Scorpi78)

No! You would be circulating used air. You need fresh air, full of CO2

ya agreed

Can someone tell me how big of a carbon filter/exaust fan to get 4" or 6" ?? I have a 7’X4’X6’ grow room using 1 600 watt HPS light (Ipower) and 1 1200 Watt LED light (King LED) in the room. I couldnt find where to post a question…Please help

Hello there.
So i have a quick question. Do i really have to match up exhaust cfm to filter cfm? I bought a ac infinity t10 rated at 1201 cfm and bought a ipower 10 inch air carbon filter rated at 1150cfm. Will i be ok?

1 Like

Guys and Gals! I am new to this “tent growing”… I have a 4 x 8 and have no clue what lights to buy or where to buy them. I am going to try ten plants, is that to many, not enough? Your help would be greatly appreciated

Light got in during lights out time plants in veg.
Light from tv when door was left open, specifically. Will that make them herm or do any other type of damage?

I’m using CSNJ Technologies photon board led grow light, power is 320W, price is 180USD, high performance and cost-effective. Maybe this information can help you.

any remedies for odor control?

Hey guys I have a question regarding lighting.
During flowering, it’s getting a bit hot.
2 lights on, my question is, can I hook secondary light up to my temperature controller, so it goes off when too hot, and on when too cold. This means my secondary light will go on and off several times each day, is this bad for the bulb? Is this bad for the plants even though primary light is undisturbed? Thanks guys