About the Autoflowers category

Thx and will do!

What light were you using before?

EXLENVCE 1500W 1200W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum….this my 3rd light. I started with the light that came with tent, Spyder farmer SF1000.

Should I go back to that?

This light is probably better. But having spent just about all of its life under weaker lighting would explain why it looks to have stretched so much.

Forgive me, i may be posting incorrectly and probably am! Need some help determining if these flowers are ready for harvest. I think it needs a few more days and the calendar would agree. Sour Diesel Auto Planted from seed 5/20:

1 Like

Welcome @cgordon1981
Pictures of the whole plant along with the close ups would be helpful.
I see quite a few white pistils still so you have more than a few days to go.
The timelines given by the seller is only an estimate when perfect growing conditions are maintained.
In the real world you are at the mercy of your individual plant. If you have a magnifier to see trichomes up close, then that is how you will determine when to harvest.
Looks like 3 or 4 weeks is needed to finish her up.

1 Like

I’m not certain if i haven’t given enough nutrients or too many nutrients, but leaves are starting to drop and turn brown at that tips, should i be concerned? Started on 5/20. Ordered a loupe from amazon to get a closer look, these are the best i can get with my smart phone. Tried a few magnifiers around the house but they didn’t do any better than my phone. Just watering with tap water (well water in the rocky mountains from snow melt off from the nearby mountains and doesn’t get any bettter!) ph was a bit below 7, but i’ve been ph’ing to 6.5 by mixing with distilled or using ph down.

You’ve definitely got tip burn from too many nutrients. I found my wedding cake auto’s only wanting no more than 1/4 strength nutrient mixes before showing signs of it being to high. They are touchy. Mine went a full 11 weeks before they were ready. That loupe you bought will be your best friend. If you don’t harvest by checking trichomes, you’re ultimately just guessing. Good luck with your autoflower adventures.

Hi Fellow Growers,

Complete Noob here. I am currently doing my first ever grow (Indoors) in a 2.5x2.5 tent. I used a 3 gallon fabric pot.

Strain: Amnesia haze autoflower

I am at around 8 weeks into the grow. However most of the leaves are starting to die off/ turn brown and curve inwards. Not just the big fan leaves but even the smaller leaves near the budds.

It does not look right to me.

I have been told that this could be normal as i am towards the end of my grow? It is advertised as ready in 8 weeks when i bought the seeds from here.

Could i get some advise as to what i can do? Its been going really well so far i dont want to ruin my buds just before harvest. Thanks!!

I have a question if I’m growing in peat moss and perlite do I still just give it to Jack’s 321 every other time I should I give it to it every time maybe or maybe a smaller dose on 2nd watering

I haven’t grown in mixture like that, maybe @Myfriendis410 could answer better.

In coco I feed full strength to runoff every day.

I used Jack’s for every watering the last few grows, and didn’t even water to runoff. No flush, nothing. Just grew out and went to water only the last week.

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate that so I was just doing water one time and feeding the other time and my plants kind of started looking like they needed some more nukes and now no why

1 Like

Hey guys, i think my plant may be a gonner. Its now much worst than the above posted pictures and 75% of the plant is turning brown =( pls help.

1 Like

That’s not normal, and you’re not deep enough into grow to let leaves go. Have you been checking/setting your ph and feeding plant any?

Thank you for the reply. It seems 80% of the leaves are affected but there is still some green here and there. Should i wait until its fully brown/yellow then just chop and dry? The buds are small but smell quite nice, will i even be able to smoke this?

I have been feeding it with Bloom liquid Nutes. However I have not though about PH at all, that may be the problem? Do you believe there is anyway of saving the plant or too late? My soil is a mix of coco peat and organic soil.

Here are some update pictures of my poor little first born

1 Like

Your plant isn’t developed enough to harvest. I have never grown in mixture like that. When I ph coco I go to 5.8, soil usually low 6’s.

If you don’t know the makeup and strength of your nutrient solution could be problematic too. Plants usually need a multi part nutrient solution from beginning to end.

I am sorry to say there is no real hope for an auto that far gone.

I seriously doubt you will want to smoke what is there.

It looks to me like a combination of watering, lighting and nutrient/ph issues.

Thanks for the advice and reply mate. I think I winged it way too much, my next grow I shall take it far more seriously!

1 Like