About flushing and drying

Man I stink just trimmed 4 plants remembered why I like to harvest 1 a week messy and the smell is stuck to you for hours after was a bit disappointed with my end root mass though I suspect I know the cause. The cold floor my guess is 6-7oz once cured but they went from seed to flower in 6 weeks short veg certainly didn’t help :frowning: I can see the size difference on each plant added after them their sisters with 3 weeks difference are almost twice the size :slight_smile: also suspect the smart pots have aided that they had more roots when transplanted than my finish root mass on the 4 just hung.
Yet another reason to have them raised off the floor when on concrete my roots were concentrated in top 8" of soil and barely any at the bottom don’t mind me I like to dissect my plants after harvest to see what issues if any were hidden to prevent for next generation.

5 Likes

So already have adjusted 2 factors ahead of this knowledge plants have all been raised for last month only 2 plants in flower room remain in grow bags as well I pruned far more of my lower shoots. Have adjusted feeding duration to match my known finish time adding Terpinator to mix increased temp hopefully it doesn’t screw with my nice purple :wink:

hi
i finally received my scope today but as it is very cheap i couldn t see the trichomes very well.i mean i had to stick the scope on the bud in order to see smt otherwise i couldn t see anything but still i didn t get a clear picture.
anyway from what i managed to see trichomes are still very white.9th week ends on tuesday,i have fed twice with thc booster once mixed with bud booster 5-5 ml and next feeding was only 10 ml of thc booster,what do i do now regarding feeding?do i continue the thc booster for one-two more weeks or do i have to stop feeding completely and only water the plants?
also i haven t increased p.h at all since grow,i keep it at 5.8 should i raise it or keep it steady at 5.8?

If your trichomes are all milky stop feeding just use ph’d water your plant will mature while being flushed

1 Like

@Donaldj couldn’t have answered that any better

they are…white,don t know if this is the same with milky
so no changes to ph and no more nutrients,see if there is a color change in trichomes and then flush?

Correct and if I’m not mistaken white would be considered “milky” or cloudy

2 Likes

I used additives to boost seeding and blossoming on my last batch, flushed as directed, dried for a week and bottled for storage ( a few ounces). Everything cool at first, but as the harvest aged it became much harsher. Still potent.

New crop, NO additives and fan leaves at blossom now turning purple. Looks like harvest in a week or so.

Now growing one clone and three seedlings with VERY light add of rooting juice. Indoor lighting 17hrs per day.

i flushed 6 days ago as trichomes were milky at all plants,tomorrow will be the 67th flowering day and watching the trichomes with my scope today i noticed that the balls have started changing to amber.from all the above said i have jumped to the conclusion that i still have another week before harvest (couch lock is what i am after).
is the timing right?i mean does it take a week for the trichomes to become totally amber or will it be too late by then?
i can upload some pics tomorrow if this is going to help.

4 Likes

Nice job that’s a good lookin plant

Your timing is fine they are looking nice and flushed and will develop quicker with the lack of nutrients triggering all the signs they are about to die. This prompts the plant to speed up knowing death is on it’s doorstep.

i am happy to hear that.how many days do you think i have before harvest?next sunday will be 2 weeks after flushing and the 75th flowering day.for a couch lock effect how do the trichomes should look like?completely amber or less?

Completely amber

ok thanks!

Great observation, when should I harvest Blue Berry? I just found the seed bag:grinning:

I think im about 2 weeks off harvest

1 Like

no set time for when you should harvest it’s all about watching the trichromes at this point

i havested my plants everything went well,i got strong smell rocky buds strong smooth taste BUT…i only yielded 20grams per plant dry which is…you know
anyway i am going to use the scrog technique on my next growth and i hope that once again with your help i ll have better results.
thank you guys for all the patience and the tips and fast response every time i had a question.i am going to open a new topic for my new ilgm cheese growth

1 Like

Congratulations…and keep that happy thought…to bigger and better harvests! :tada:

A good SCROG grow with one plant will give you more than 20 grams easily. Make sure you are using good fertilizers for veg and flowering.

1 Like