About Feeding and Watering

hey there,

I’m a newbie grower.I want to ask you few questions.How much liters of water do a plant need when it dried out.I read that it depends on pot’s size and plant’s age.Can u give me an information about which week and pot size need how much water because everybody say diffrent things.Other question is for example a nutrient says 40ml for 1 gallon(3.7 liters) when I feed my girl will I use all this 1 gallon mix for one plant because my pot’s size can be 5 liters or 20 liters whatever and for ex in vegative phase I will use root and grow nutrients in this case for ex. 40ml root developer and 40 ml grow nutrients will need 2 gallon and I confused about it.I now these questions are absurd but I’m really noob :slight_smile:

I hope I will not bore you with this questions and sorry for my English bucause I’m Turkish.Have more and more yields…

It depends on how many leaves…a healthy plant with many leaves at 4 weeks uses more water than a plant with less leaves at the same age.

When the plant is dry and ready for watering, put it in something to collect excess water, make sure water is ph balanced, KEEP TRACK OF THE AMOUNT OF WATER, drench the soil till water comes out the bottom. Wait 30 minutes for the soil to soak up excess, add more if saucer is dry. You want a little water left in the saucer, then you know the plant has enough. 10% to 20% excess water is good. Hopefully, you kept track of how much water that was, with the 10%-20% runoff.

Fertilizer guides use ml/l or gallon as a reference…make more or less as needed.

If you want more info. I didnt see and thing on watering in witch I copied and pasted but here’s the link.

Will

Week 1 grow
Light Quantity - 50% of the lamps on (400watt HPI)
Light Distance - 3.2 ft (100cm) between lamp and plant
Light Duration - 18 hours
Temperature Day / Night - 73.4ºF / 64.4ºF (23ºC/18ºC)
Humidity level - 80%
pH level - 6.0
EC - no nutrients

Week 2 grow
Light Quantity – 100%
Light distance - 1.6 ft (50cm)
Light Duration - 18 hours
Temperature Day / Night - 77ºF / 64.4ºF (25ºC/18ºC)
Humidity level - 80%
pH level - 6.0
EC - 1.0

Week 1 flowering
Light Quantity - 100% (600watt HPS)
Light Duration - 12 hours

Temperature Day / Night - 77ºF / 64.4ºF (25ºC/18ºC)
Humidity level - 70%
pH level - 6.0
EC - 1.2

Week 2 flowering
Light Quantity - 100%
Temperature Day / Night - 78.1ºF / 64.4ºF (26ºC/18ºC)
Humidity level - 70%
pH level - 6.0
EC - 1.3

Week 3 flowering
Light Quantity - 100%
Temperature Day / Night - 78.1ºF / 64.4ºF (26ºC/18ºC)
Humidity level - 60%
pH level - 6.0
EC - 1.4

Week 4 flowering
Light Quantity - 100%
Temperature Day / Night - 80.6ºF / 64.4ºF (27ºC/18ºC)
Humidity level - 50%
pH level - 6.0
EC - 1.5

Week 6 flowering
Light Quantity - 100%
Temperature Day / Night - 80.6ºF / 64.4ºF (27ºC/18ºC)
Humidity level - 50%
pH level - 6.0
EC - 1.7

Week 7 flowering
Light Quantity - 100%
Temperature Day / Night - 82.4ºF / 64.4ºF (28ºC/18ºC)
Humidity level - 40%
pH level - 6.0
EC - 1.8

Week 8 flowering
Light Quantity - 100%
Temperature Day / Night - 82.4ºF / 64.4ºF (28ºC/18ºC)
Humidity level - 40%
pH level - 6.0
EC - 1.8

Week 9 flowering
Light Quantity 100%
Light distance 1.6 ft (50cm)
Light Duration 12 hours
Temperature Day / Night 82.4ºF / 64.4ºF (28ºC/18ºC)
Humidity level 40%
pH level 6.0
EC 1.0

Source: ILoveGrowingMarijuana.Com

Posted by @garrigan62

Thanks y’all for information.

Noob question: Hopefully asking a question using the reply button is the proper way to do this…
Anyway, my girls are about 10 days old and just getting the third set of leaves, I have been watering them every day with 15ml (6.3 to 6.5 ph-no nutes yet)
I have them in 2"x2" cardboard containers and they tend to dry out after 24 hours.
I have noticed a small bit of yellowing on the tips of lower leaves…Could I be overwatering girls.

Thanks
Dragon

What are you growing them in that it dries out in one day?
Sounds like too much water.
Put a humidity dome over them.

I sprout my seeds in 2 inch by 2 inch cardboard seedling containers and I fill them with FFOF until veg then transplant into 5g. (usually in cardboard about 2 weeks or so.
The containers are bone dry in 24hrs, doubled-checked the soil with a moisture meter and meter read dry.
I hadn’t tried a humidity dome, I can control my RH anywhere from 30% to 80%

That the one for seedlings or their regular mix?
It could have been too much food for the babies…a little nutrient burn.

Time to transplant if they dry out so quickly…you go right to 5 gallon? That is a challenge.

Just put 2ml of each in 1 gallon - be find - keep it simple > “Less Is Best” can all way increase - feed 2 out of 3 days

I use the Ocean Forest, so yes it might have been just a tad hot…
My girls only have the 3rd set of leaves I usually wait until the 4th set, but since they are drying out so quickly, maybe to a 1 gal and then to the 5 gal?

I’ve been giving them 15ml a day which I think is about 3 teaspoons, I also haven’t been watering enough to where I get any run-off…maybe water to saturation and go to the 2 out of 3 days?

Sounds like the soil…
A 1 gal pot would be easier to maintain until the plant grows larger.
Water to run off, then allow to dry.

you could water on the third day but “dry” dry periods are necessary to prevent over feeding , ect a 3 day period could look like this" feed, feed, dry or feed, dry, feed - sure you get the hang of it feed. transplant few times as necessary, transplant plant them now in 5 gallon if you have the room

Can I use tap water for watering.I read that i should let the tap water rest for 1 days for chlorine out.And If ı’m using tap water am I have to buy a CalMag because tap water has these .

He has them in card board which will which will draw the mosture form the soil.
I would mix up a little liquid thieve and 1/4 grow to gal ph it and give them a shot.
Yellow tip mite be there way. Of asking for diner…lol

Will

Can I add this on feeding flowering females? Hehe