About cross breeding

Cool beans! Literally.

1 Like

Nice one @AAA. I can’t stop laughing. :joy::joy:

1 Like

@AAA Guess what showed up yesterday. You only get one guess and they gave a bunch of free seeds.

@AAA I bought 5 seeds only of Tora Bora due to not knowing if they was legit or not.

They included 2 other Landrace strains. One says Buzzard’s which I think is a Hawaiian strain. The other I can’t even read what it states on the little baggie.

2 Likes

That’s a lot of free seeds!

I think it says Jamaican something.

Now let’s hope the Tora Bora is as you remembered!

1 Like

@AAA It won’t be exact obviously but I do hope it in the same ball park. And yeah, 24 free seeds is hard to beat.

With shipping it only cost me $46.42 and they didn’t mention the free seeds. A wonderful surprise and it only took 2 weeks to get here once they sent me confirmation the order was complete.

I found these at Walmart so I have 4 big Mason Jars. As I know my GSC Beast will need big jars once she is dry. These jar will block 99% UV rays.

1 Like

@AAA I found out what they one seeds are. It’s the following:

I didn’t see Jamaican as much me of the seeds you can buy.

2 Likes

Cool, Yeah, buy 5 get 24 free, kind of incredible!

I love the amber jars. Im thinking about painting my clear ones black on the outside.

@AAA I just went through the website of the seed company you named. They do have specials. They have a good one right now for Himalayan strain. But I went after some more Tora Bora.

1 Like

Too much of a good ting is never enough…

I have so many seeds now, I need to stop buying and start growing!

Your gonna end up in my boat. Got a bit out of control with my seed buying as I wanted it all lol. Now I’m trying to grow it all at once, jk maybe. I stopped buying while back though once I started getting some sponsored seeds. Shouldn’t have to buy any for some time.

1 Like

@AAA You should see how many seeds I have. I personally don’t count Regular seeds as seeds. Because you don’t know what you are getting either a male, female or a hermie.

With this order and the next one will put me around 300 seeds between fem, auto and now regular. I only buy when it’s a special to good to pass up on. Now the Tora Bora is a special case due to it being a Landrace strain and a lot harder to find.

1 Like

Have to agree with @AAA on this one as this topic is something I’m all about. It’s actually my ambition. I’ve got a crossbreed going right now. I pheno hunted my mother plant to get exact one I wanted. I probably didn’t look as hard for my male plant but I got what I wanted out of it and THC Bomb has little variation in phenos. But pheno hunting is definitely going to be a big must in a solid cross especially when you get into hybrid vigour and so on.

1 Like

@TXCanna I have to do this as this strain was actually discontinued. AAA pointed me to the right direction for Tora Bora. It’s great at giving a wonderful body high and a great escape from severe pain.

1 Like

I understand. And your doing it for your own use so getting a completely stabilized strain isn’t a huge deal. I’m doing with bit bigger plans lol.

1 Like

If this doesn’t work out for me, I do have a 23% CBD strain I just ordered. Plus I know Blue Dream will help me fall asleep which is one of my reasons for growing my own.

1 Like

It’s awesome that, in addition to the breeders releasing uniform potent seeds, there are also people working on landrace preservation and cannabis biodiversity.

2 Likes

I try to drop minimum 10 regular seeds at a time and pheno hunt. Then I like to inbreed in order to catalog the strain for the future.

I don’t even know how many Strains I have now, and quite frankly if I didn’t buy another seed I would be set for the rest of my life, but sadly I’m addicted.

I have decided on three breeders of regular seeds that I will grow going forward as I feel from these 3 gene pools I can find everything I want.

Im a little disillusioned at the massive onslaught of stupid(IMO) hybrids that are Hybrids of Hybrids of Hybrids. The whole “Juicy Gelato Frost Cake Lemon PuckerWedding Dos ido headbanger Kush” thing.

My goal is one Road Kill Skunk Strain, One fruity Stretch Indica Hybrid, and one Dank High THC/CBD Indica. Of course I will play around with others, but these 3 platforms are my main breeding goals.

4 Likes

@AAA Oh I understand. I’ll have over 300 seeds in a few weeks. I can control it if they don’t have a good special going on. I do know I have over 60 strains.

And the hybrid of hybrids and of more hybrids has gotten so out of hand. But then again a strain of many hybrids maybe the one I need.

Now as for Tora Bora she has been discontinued. So I’m hoping this will get me in the same park as the Tora Bora I picked up in Colorado. I just love the body high and I’m still able to function like a “normal” human being.

1 Like

good luck with TB!

1 Like