About 1or2 weeks into flower

Should I snip the top? and where exactly? GSC auto extreme. When does the smell really start?

3 Likes

2 Likes

It’s a little late to top, but I’ve done it with a plant that was maybe a week behind this one and it worked out fine.

EDIT: I missed a node. Top above the node above where I drew the line. Leave a bit of a stub when you top. It helps the plant develop a better knuckle. I’m not sure I would top at this point though.

You are going to have tops that will lag the harvest time for the rest of the plant.

Here:

4 Likes

GSC auto
coco mix perlite -Tupar Gold
Fabric pots
indoor 300 watt full spectrum
74 deg
54 humidity use using vpd chart / humidifier + controller
Osc fan in closet
No Co2
45 Dli using Photone
Dr earth Dry Organic fert
6.7 PH with cal mag every time

1 Like

i may leave it alone then, i dont really want to do it.

There is no reason to top it now. It wont give you any more yield. May stunt the growth entirely.

3 Likes

How far into flower does the plant produce a powerful smell?

Totally depends on the grow, usually around 6 weeks you should be getting some smells from your plants. But so much comes into play, mainly temps, humidity, strain… could go on forever.

2 Likes

Mine usually only get really ‘loud’ if they get bumped around. My forearms get slightly sticky when I reach in to take out a dead leaf or something.

:point_up_2: For sure! :point_up_2:

2 Likes

I’d leave it alone. It looks well on its way. As mentioned, you may not smell a lot unless you touch it when it gets a little further along.

2 Likes

Good morning :blush: I agree with them :point_up:I wouldn’t top at this point. Happy Growing :blush::v:

1 Like

Too late to top in my opinion… you can still pull it over gently sideways and give everything more light.

3 Likes