Abella is bushy! Defoliate?

Ok so this is Abella, and she’s quite bushy… She’ll be 4 weeks old tomorrow (6/17). I topped her a few days ago, and the undergrowth/lower stalks are starting to grow fast. My question for you guys & gals is what I should do (if anything)? The fan leaves that have the 5 fingers seem to blocking a lot underneath, can I or should I trim them? She’s kind of unruly at the moment…

2 Likes

I can try and get better pics of the interior if needed? just let me know. Thanks

1 Like

That under growth will be above those fan leaves in the next couple of days. You can tuck them for now, they are giant solar panels on your plant.

3 Likes

Ty for that advice, I’m always walking the line between doing what’s necessary and trying not to overdo it…

3 Likes

Good afternoon :smiley: your plants look happy and healthy. :blush::v:

3 Likes

thanks I appreciate that, it’s definitely a labor of love hehe…

@RoyMustang she’s still young and delicate so i would just lst her and not cut off anything at the moment… be patient and give her time to regroup after the topping… like said above those future bottom colas will be well above the sucker leaves shortly… you’re doin great…:muscle::pray:

1 Like

I would do some lst training try to open her up with out defoliation

1 Like

Thanks for the advice guys, some lst sounds like the way to go :+1:t3: There are definitely a lot of new growths starting to shoot up from down below, she’s definitely a bushy one :grin:

@RoyMustang I’m with :point_up: the wait a few days and your lower growth will stretch up above those large fans with the energy those fans provide, symbiotic you know? But like @Aussie_autos mentioned you could spread them out towards the edges of the pot with some lst to let some light into your interior. But they’re still pretty small branch wise so maybe just hang tight for a few days and see what’s what then. Looking forward to seeing your grow grow lol!! :green_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

@Fieldofdreams @Coonass @Aussie_autos @Borderryan22 @Flitme
Hey guys ty for the advice, having a plan moving forward is good for peace of mind… I’ll be tying down some branches to let some light penetrate, will follow up with some results in a day or so! Thanks again :+1:t3:

3 Likes

@RoyMustang … here’s an example of mine at 30 days old…

3 Likes

Ur welcome anytime thats why we are here for to help each other to grow those big massive plants and buds

1 Like

@Coonass she’s a real beauty, congrats :grin: Are you planning a topping or any hst? Or sticking with the lst method? Looking great!!!

@Aussie_autos thanks I appreciate that, I’ve learned a lot from this forum (and more each day), one day it may be my turn to give back and keep it all rollin’ :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I’m gonna let this one do her thing only using lst … but will top all the rest from now own… thx

1 Like

:+1:That is exactly how the community thrives,and the knowledge shared makes all the world of difference.

Pay it forward!

P.s. I aint gonna lie,the name ABELLA caught my eye. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:Giggity
SL out.

1 Like

Thats not a problem im glad to help if you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask questions even if u think its a silly question that ur asking about as far as concerned there is no silly questions

1 Like

@Borderryan22 @Coonass @Aussie_autos @Fieldofdreams @Slug_Life @Flitme
Ok so here’s an update pic, lights clicked back on ~15 mins ago (she was kinda droopy overnight but perked right back up). The lst was definitely the right call, she’s looking strong :muscle:t3:

2 Likes

thanks again, I tagged you guys if you’re interested in her progress, and also to keep you guys in the loop if I get into any trouble and need your help again :smile:

3 Likes