Aarrg! Waiting is driving me nuts!

Still setting up my grow room and getting rid of stuff. I’m using a 11’x11’ bedroom. Measuring 4.5 feet from the walls with a aisle down the middle. One side flower, the other veg. Venting up thru the attic and out the soffet. Taking carpet out, painting everything flat white. I’m so tempted jus to throw some seeds in a pot and set them on the window sill!

4 Likes

@SmokieJim You could start the seed in water for 18 to 24 hours. Then switch to damp toilet paper or paper towels up to 48 hours. Depending on your tap root.

Then put them in soil and a solo cup till it gets big enough to transfer her to a bigger pot. Let her get big enough for the final pot.

This will give you a leg up once the room is ready. This will help up to around 1 month from seed in water to the final transplanting your girl/girls.

Just make sure your girl/girls get enough light.

4 Likes

Growing is certainly a waiting game.

4 Likes

That’s a good idea. That will suffice my urges lol.

2 Likes

Why didn’t you just buy big tents and set them up inside the room?
I wouldn’t want even a modified room in my house sitting 50% RH or more due to mold growing behind the walls.

3 Likes

I would suggest allocating more room for flower than veg - atleast double since they need more room (bigger plants)… you’ll also need to veg for 2 months vs 1 to keep it on a perpetual cycle.

So if you have 120 sq ft maybe 80 to flower and 40 to veg… you have a great amount of space!! Could flower 10 large plants at the same time… easily pull 7-8 lbs every 2-3 months

4 Likes

I’m not sure if I could pay the electic bill for that many plants. Also I’m painting everything with the mold resistant paint with flat white over it. Should be ok i guess. I’m going to use quantum boards for my lights. I will definitely make the flower side bigger tho.

3 Likes

I am going to have to Echo the beautiful gray cat @Nicky. A TENT one hour after arrives in the mail you can have it set up support bars to hang exhaust fan an lights walls has reflective material catch pan in bottom ready to go. Just my thoughts good luck with your grow.

2 Likes

You will need a way to neutralize the smell since you have such a big room for growing. I may have to do that because I have 4 plants growing right now.

I know a guy running a medical legal grow, he bought an insulated steel building and just put massive tents inside of it. Was cheaper and easier

1 Like

Hmmm…maybe a tent would move things along faster…thanks for all your input. It’s all valuable info to me.

1 Like

A nice tent is the way to go for indoors. Say if you need to control the smell it’s so much easier with a tent set up. Some of my plants are so strong you can smell them from the front door to the bedroom…maybe 20 feet distance.

2 Likes

Dam! So I guess a 4x4 or 5x5 is the most common from what I read. I’ll look at some of those.

When I bought my 4x4x80” tent it cost me like $85.

Here is a 5x5. https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Hydroponic-Observation-Window-Growing/dp/B01DXYM98K/ref=pd_bap_bia_d0_3/133-1181060-9814629?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01731MNJE&pd_rd_r=6805335d-1548-4ab5-acda-806e2fcd2818&pd_rd_w=nNyuw&pd_rd_wg=1faq7&pf_rd_p=05a3ee6f-2409-43a1-b728-32003dcda44a&pf_rd_r=DRTF8C7JF2S5KZ9H9NHW&refRID=DRTF8C7JF2S5KZ9H9NHW&th=1

You can order them directly from China to.
They have countless sizes not just 4x4 or 5x5x.
Make sure whatever you get us 7ft tall!!!

Aliexpress

Another point to take into consideration @SmokieJim with the tent the holes you’re bringing your power cords in for lights, fans Etc . They already have the Double pucker string holes ready to go, no light leakage or odor leakage . Happy growing

Easier to keep pests out I find to

2 Likes

So if I’m venting out the roof on a 2 story house do I still need a carbon filter?

Carbon filter cuts smell, if you and your neighbours don’t care then you don’t need one.
Most people don’t live on acreages, at least those that grow indoor, so we all pretty much use them.
It’s legal in my country and I still use them because I don’t want the teenagers next door jumping my fence come harvest and breaking in a window

2 Likes

@SmokieJim I fill u on that I get so excited too waiting for them to germinate really drives me nuts :blush: