A Union of Maples - Autoflower Chapter!

BTW they all look amazing! Hope all mine turn out as well as yours look in the Earth Dust!

2 Likes

Thank you @SmokeyMtnHighs, I’m sure yours will like it just as much.
It just occurred to me that the early flowering might have to do with how I used the Earth Dust. I mixed “Boost” into the lower halves of the pots, because I figured my plants were going to be over 2 weeks old already when I transplanted into them. Maybe the extra P and K they had access to triggered it.

2 Likes

I somehow missed this journal, set to watch now :+1:

4 Likes

Me too!!

1 Like

I can’t believe in another few days these girls will be starting week 6 already. Time flies when you’re growing weeds!

The Bruce Banners are looking lovely!

The Zkittlez seem pretty happy!

The solo Wedding Cake looks like the Earth Dust is a little strong for her, but she’s doing fine.

These Mango Smiles are turning into the monsters I was expecting. I super cropped the one in the Earth Dust a couple of weeks ago. She recovered so fast I needed to bend her top down another couple of times to let the other branches do their thing. She’s fairly close to even all around finally, but now the other one decided she wants to be even taller, lol.
Do you all think it’s too late to super crop her now? She’s just going from pre flower into flower. I can just really gently bend her and tie her down, or I can go full tilt and snap her like the other one. But the other one I did when I was supposed to, before flower. So what do you all think? Super crop or bend gently and tie?

These 3WOK-OG’s really picked up the pace in the last week or so. I can’t wait to see how they stack up and color up. If they look anything like the photos on Mephistos website I’ll be a really happy dude!

And lastly, these Strawberry Nuggets are the most pain in the ass plants I’ve grown in a long time, maybe ever. They have such short shoots, and fan leaves bigger than F$@k#ng tennis racquets, lol.

10 Likes

Damn mangk that looks like a full time job right there yeah!! Everyone one of those look awesome nice work!!

2 Likes

They look great :+1: I grow with dust and I’m impressed that they’re not only keeping up but some are out preforming the others. Pretty work Ron

4 Likes

those are looking great and those are some huge leaves. As for the super crop, thats a good question, I would like the to know the answer myself since I’m a new grower lol

3 Likes

So I totaled up everything from the previous grow. My yield was down a bit from my average, but the quality is excellent, so it’s a fair trade.

It was a total of 10 autoflowers.

6 Trizkits by Twenty 20 seeds = TK
2 Zkittlez by ILGM = ZK
2 Sweet Creams by Expert seeds = SC

In the 4 x 6 closet with a Scorpion Diablo.

ZK-1 4.62oz
ZK-2 3.40oz
SC-2 4.55oz
TK-1 5.87oz
TK-6 3.28oz

Closet total 22.49oz

In the 2 1/2 x 5 tent with a 350R Diablo

SC-1 5.33oz
TK-3 4.23oz
TK-5 5.02oz

2 1/2 x 5 total 14.58oz

In the 2 x 4 tent with a 350R Diablo

TK-2 3.69oz
TK-4 3.65oz

2 x 4 total 7.34oz

Total of all 3 grows 44.41oz

I’m pretty pleased with that, it’s an average of 4.44oz per auto, but the run before this one came in at 4.9oz per plant, so I went backwards a bit. Hopefully my current run will top them both!

6 Likes

I did a good chunk of this grow in Grove Bags, and the rest in jars. It’s been a few weeks now, and the stuff in the bags is doing great. I’ll definitely order more, and try to figure out what to do with over 100 mason jars, lol.

9 Likes

wow, when is the grand opening for the store? lol

3 Likes

Well, between smoking and making edibles I’m good for a few ounces a week at least. I was a lot more careful and a lot less wasteful back when I was buying my weed, but now my friends and I tear through it like rabid dogs, lol. A couple of times I’ve had to hit up my emergency stash between harvests.

4 Likes

now I see why lol, bro your friends are lucky to have someone like you lol.

5 Likes

Yeah no shit huh wow!!

3 Likes

Interesting… I just happen to temporarily have access to my wife’s 2x4 with an hlg 350…

How long from seed to harvest, on average, for autoflowers? I have several auto seeds just layin’ around. The northern lights has been eyeballing me. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’d say the average is 12 to 14 weeks start to finish. I just added the HLG far red bulbs at the beginning of this grow, so I’m hoping to cut a week off the total time.

5 Likes

Looks like I have a lot to ramble on about tonight. If you bore easily, maybe just skip to the pics, lol. So the Big Bruce Banner in the Earth Dust was looking a little hungry tonight when the lights came on. It’s not surprising, she’s a pretty big auto, and I believe I could have done a better job in planning how I used the Earth Dust. I also think that 5 gallon fabric pots are fine for autos getting fed regular nutrients, but on the next run I think I’ll use 7 gallons for the Earth Dust plants. It will make for a bigger dinner plate for them to eat off of, lol. I’m sure I’m making it out to be worse than it is, there’s no noticable deficiency at this point, but I can clearly see that there will be soon, so I started an Earth Dust tea tonight. I’ll do just about anything to avoid foliar feeding, especially in flower, so I’m going with a fairly strong tea, and I’m making enough for a few of them.

Next project I had tonight was changing the housing arrangements a bit. I had to move 3WOK-OG #2 out of the 2 1/2 x 5 tent and switch her with Zkittlez # 1 from the closet grow. The 3WOK got too tall to remain with the other one and the Strawberry Nuggets. I already had the other 3 plants in the tent up on milk crates plus a couple of lifters. I would have had to go 2 full milk crates up to keep them near even with her. At that point I worry about the root zone getting too warm with the pots over 2 feet off the floor where the temp is much higher. Luckily, she’s the same size as most of the others in the closet, and the Eath Dust Zkittlez is a shorty, so she was up on a crate in the closet anyway. I try not to move them around like that, but now that I have HLG Diablo fixtures in all 3 grows, I guess it doesn’t matter much anymore.

Another thing to report on is the #2 Mango Smile. I decided it was too late to super crop her, so I really slowly and carefully bent her top over and tied it down last night. I was hoping it was slow the growth of the main a little bit, but she was turned back facing up in a couple of hours, and tonight the top is already outpacing the rest of her again! Maybe I should have broken her after all, lol.

Last thing I’ll say before pictures is. I can’t wait to taste the Strawberry Nuggets when this grow is done, but I sure won’t be in a hurry to grow them again for a few runs. They’re almost pure Indica, and they’re fighting every move I try to make with them. If I didn’t have a promise from a good friend that they literally taste and smell exactly like strawberries, I think I would have stepped on them by now! :slight_smile:

The Bruce’s

Zkittlez

Ms Wedding Cake

This is the Mango Smile #2 last night before I bent her top over.

And last night after the bend.

Back standing at attention tonight!

And the 2 of them tonight.

The 3WOK-OG’s (which I’m very excited for)

No matter how many times I see my plants go through the stretch, it still amazes me they can grow this fast. Just for fun, here’s the 3WOK’s one week ago!

And finally, the trouble making Strawberry Nuggets

If you’re still here, thanks for getting through my marathon update, and happy growing!

14 Likes

Butter and coconut oil making day tomorrow! Always a very long day, but a lot of fun as well, and great rewards in the months to follow, lol.

12 Likes

can i sample these? lol

4 Likes

I made coconut canna oil last week. What kind of butter you use for your canna butter ?

1 Like