A Union of Maples - Autoflower Chapter!

good choice lol, enjoy your retirement.

3 Likes

I am retiring early this September! I’ll be happy to enjoy time at my pace. I have been in the workforce for 35 years and can’t to wait to spend time at my pace. No more deadlines, long hours, meetings, or horrible bosses. No more balancing work and family because there is no balance!

10 Likes

congrats, that is awesome.

4 Likes

Congratulations @JaneQP! It’s the most wonderful feeling to know the career is behind you and in the rear view mirror. I’m working a part time job from home because I can’t officially collect any retirement for another several years, but I’m done with the grind of being in the field and long hours!

4 Likes

Congratulations, that’s awesome news!! Enjoy

3 Likes

As each month passes and finding that no one wants to hire an almost 60 year old at a decent salary, my idea of retiring early has switched from just a wish to almost a reality. Luckily I can start drawing on my pension at 60. I have had too many colleagues and friends work so hard and never got a chance to retire. I won’t be one of them.

I’ll still do 1099 for small jobs but I am really excited to spend more time gardening and enjoy other hobbies that were put aside for “sometime”….

Sometime is 09/22!

7 Likes

Ok, here’s the first side by side comparison of the girls in the Earth Dust and the ones getting Advanced Nutrients.

The most drastic difference is in the Mephisto Mango Smiles, but I’m thinking there’s most likely pheno variations here. I think this one would be growing fast no matter what I was feeding her.

So the Earth Dust plants are on the right and the AN ones on the left in all the pics, and there’s a red line on the tags of the Earth Dust girls to catch my attention before I pour the wrong solution in them, lol.

Next up the ILGM Bruce Banners.

And the ILGM Zkittlez.

The lone ILGM Wedding Cake.

I’m slightly disappointed with the Mephisto Strawberry Nuggets so far, but after I fed/watered them tonight I tucked some fan leaves, and tied down some branches to help get them some more light.

And finally the Mephisto 3WOK-OG’s.

6 Likes

They’re all looking good :+1: I’m sure the comparison in speed will go to the chemical nutrients but color smell and taste will go organic

3 Likes

They all look great but is it just me or do the Earth Dust look like they’re growing bigger/faster? So far anyway. Except maybe the Zittles

2 Likes

@SmokeyMtnHighs, it does look that way. It might be that they really like the Earth Dust, and I guess it might just be a coincidence as well. The good thing is that we’ll find out soon enough!

@MeEasy, I’m thinking about doing a top dressing with the Boost before the next watering. I’m figuring they’ll be in flower by the end of next week. Do you think it’s too soon? They’ve only been in these pots since 12/29, so maybe they haven’t used up much yet. I just don’t want to wait until I see them lightening up, I’d rather stay ahead a bit. What do you think?

3 Likes

I like to wait for the boots until I see pubic hairs (pistils) sometimes it’s the second week from sprouts and sometimes it’s five weeks

And I’m talking about the pre flower pistils that show up on the nodes… TGSC recommends 30 days from sprout

4 Likes

I need to clarify something here, I was talking about autos here not photos photos I feed just as the label suggests

2 Likes

Gotcha, thank you @MeEasy. I gave autos a try a couple of years ago now figuring I’d probably go back to photos at some point, but I liked growing autos so much I never went back. All autos for me.

3 Likes

I just started growing autos last year I was never really interested in them until a guy on here convinced me to give them a try. I think they’re fun to grow enough so I made a tent (auto hutt) dedicated to just autos

5 Likes

girls are looking amazing. this will be interesting on which grows better or the same.

2 Likes

Thank you @BudzMS, yeah, I can’t wait to see the difference between them in flower. The Earth Dust is doing an impressive job so far, but flower will be the real test!

2 Likes

if it works out good, ill give it try

4 Likes

@BudzMS you’re welcome over to my thread anytime I’ve been growing with Earth Dust for over a year now and I’m sold it’s good stuff… if you want to just click on my Homer and then again on my featured topic and you will be magically transported over. You’ll have to weed through all the bs’ing over there but I try to post pictures once a week or so

5 Likes

This one Mango Smile is looking to challenge the height of my tent when she grows up, lol. I’m thinking I might either super crop her, or maybe just tie her down. Whichever I choose, it’s going to have to be soon, a few of them are in pre flower already.

6 Likes

I’m still saddled with payments on my mini split system for another year and a half, but the truth is I’d consider it a bargain at twice the price. It was a life saver during the summer dealing with heat and humidity in the grow room, and it’s doing an awesome job right now in heat mode with the temperature here in the low single digits. I would most definitely recommend it to any indoor grower trying to combat heat, cold, and humidity.
By the way, I probably wasted an equal amount of the cost of this unit in the years before I bought it. First I bought a 70 pint a day dehumidifier, then I got a 6000 btu portable AC. Neither were sufficient for my room. So then I got a 95 pint a day dehumidifier, and a 10,000 btu portable AC. That dehumidifier worked great, but it also makes a tremendous amount of heat in the process. I tried so many different ways to get the portable AC to work good, but I kept running into issue after issue. Finally I got a recommendation from another customer at my local grow store, and I installed this 18,000 btu mini split. It’s way oversized for my room, but in the summer, with 3 or sometimes 4 grow lights running, it still doesn’t have a hard time keeping up!

6 Likes