A Union of Maples - Autoflower Chapter!

Hey all, I’m very excited about this next grow. I’ve got a great line up of strains, and I’m going to do a side by side comparison of my normal Advanced Nutrients method, and growing organically with Earth Dust.
It’s 12 plants total, 2 each of ILGM Wedding Cake, Bruce Banner, and Zkittlez, along with 2 each of Mephisto Strawberry Nuggets, Mango Smile, and 3WOK OG, all 12 are autos.
So one of each of the six strains will be business as usual for me, the other one of each will be grown in the Earth Dust. For my business as usual girls, I use a mix of Advanced Nutrients, Microbe Life Hydroponics, and NPK Industries products. It’s taken me a long time and a lot of trial and error to dial in my routine and find the products I think work the best. I can’t wait to see how the girls in the Earth Dust will stack up next to my trusted method! They will be in the same grow spaces, under the same lighting, in the same 5 gallon fabric pots, and have the same environmental conditions. It should be a lot of fun!
I was so excited to get this grow going, I picked up a small 27" x 27" to use as a nursery tent. My current grow is almost done, so I figured I could save a whole 2 weeks by raising these 12 seedlings in a separate space, lol. I have it timed so these girls will be ready to transplant a few days after I cut down my current grow.

Here’s the new nursery tent, and the PVC rack I made so I could fit the heater, humidifier, and fans in there. It’s just temporary, and in the future I’ll set it up 2 weeks before the end of each grow to do the same thing and save another 2 weeks.

And here’s the 12 stars from ILGM and Mephisto. They just broke the surface yesterday!

23 Likes

I am excited to watch your comparison grow! I just made the switch to Earthdust. @MeEasy @SmokeyMtnHighs.

Best to you!

7 Likes

Very nice ingenuity on the nursery set up🤟. Set to watch this run

4 Likes

I’m interested in watching this 4sure, I’m a long time earth dust grower. I know from experience that organic is slower than liquid nutrients but with autoflower should be okay.

I’ve got my so I’m set to watch
:pizza: default_bong7bp :popcorn::cup_with_straw:

6 Likes

Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

nice set up. did you make that rack?

2 Likes

Looks like PVC frame and cut wire shelves, so I’d say he BIYd them :muscle:

3 Likes

I figured, I need to make some and was hoping I could buy some lol

3 Likes

It’s Saturday, good day to visit big orange or big blue and getcha some supplies. If you don’t have bolt cutters/cutoff wheel/hacksaw the big store can cut to length. Those shelves come in 8’ sections I believe. Simple and cheap, gotta love it :metal:

5 Likes

Good Morning all. I am set to watch. I am thinking seriously about going to earth dust. Fox Farm Nutrients are time consuming to mix up.
Happy Growing :blush::v:

5 Likes

Have you considered Jack’s 321? :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I have considered Jacks. I may experiment with jacks and earth dust. Do one plant with jacks and one with earth dust.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Had to get @MeEasy to remind me how to set to watch lol all set now :+1:

3 Likes

I am using jacks this grow (my 1st grow) switching to Earth Dust next grow to try it…feel free to check out my journal

3 Likes

I will definitely check it out!!

2 Likes

@Cap_Ron i can’t wait to see this play out. I’ve got my Earth Dust cooking in my 7 gallon pots now to try out on my next grow (been cooking for 3 weeks so far)

1 Like

Thanks for all the interest and input. I’m going to try and post as much info as I can for the entire grow.

@StonedCold13 is right on. Few bucks worth of 3/4 PVC, fittings, and closet shelf wire rack is all you need. I’ve been making them for my tents for years. I think there’s a thread here about them, I’ll look for it.

2 Likes

@Flitme There’s a pretty big difference in growing with liquid nutrients and growing in living soil biggest one is food availability with liquid products you can literally force feed a plant so of course you will get a better response faster, bigger and more yield but you sacrifice some quality compared to organic

3 Likes

@Cap_Ron quick question, how many cats do you have? I just noticed all the cat play houses.

5 Likes

Lol, he has lucky cats! Mine get cardboard clubhouses :grin:

7 Likes