A Topic for us little growers 2×2 size grow tents

My 2×2

2 Likes

Bigger light doesn’t always mean hotter. More light is directly related to a better yield - bigger light doesn’t also have to mean outrageously expensive. My go-to light Rec is $179 or $379 depending on how much space needs covering. Unfortunately it’s too large for a 2x2 (25” long, not compatible)

But that’s the reason people will mention the light first and foremost and even after you say you don’t wanna hear it or can’t afford it. The thing is the sun powers plants outside, and they get as much as they can all day long all season long. Indoors we artificially manipulate that - the more “sun” you can provide, the happier they’ll be.

As you’ve seen, 100 watts will do it, especially for autos where you can give them 24 hours of light to make up for the lack of power in the light. 200 watts 18 hrs a day would do even better, but there’s a limit to what fits a 2x2 and a budget for that matter.

Point is, it’s a relatable problem - I have a 2x2 I need to set up for a specific plant to grow, but I am struggling to find a light I’m satisfied with output without going over my dimensions, factoring in need for ventilation and airflow. It’s a tight squeeze, no doubt about it.

1 Like

With the TS1000 in a 2×2, I have 2 small fans blowing directly on the lights and my output air flow is directly pulling heat off it also. Even with my house temp at 74° / 50% humidity, 24/7 AC . I still can get the temp no lower than about 77°. By the way my TS1000 is a 150 Watt LED newest model is for a 27 inch by 27 inch tent.

This is indeed how co2 naturally works. Unfortunately exhausting out the top will take a lot with it. The good news here is that co2 not going to make much or any difference in your space with that small of light. I wouldn’t replace when your finished with bag, put that money towards something else.

I think if you’re trying to get to harvest in 3 months you should look at what Mattybear is doing. He runs 8 plants in 2x4 on constant 12/12 light schedule. That is roughly his time seed to harvest and he’s able to completely fill the 2x4 with the 8 plants. You could probably do the same with 4 plants.

1 Like

I’m running the same light as you are in a 2x2. Detaching the ballast and control box and getting it out of the tent helps to keep temps down a lot. Here’s my setup and first grow,( Tophat’s first tent 2x2 sour diesel auto )this little tent rocks and will do exactly as you say, keep me supplied with quality smoke without breaking the bank. Oh…. That new version ts1000 will grow some pretty dense buds, just keep DLI a bit higher than recommended.

1 Like

You could also open your windows during lights on to bring some cold air in, or an intake. I’ve also found that my plants prefer 18/6 light cycle as 20/4 doesn’t change much except my electricity bill :joy:

Also this is only a waste if you don’t learn how to maintain / use it.

Nothing is complicated about learning the basics! It’s all research for us to maximize yield and makes the most of our setup. If you’re more of a laidback let it do what it wants type of grower, you may get stuck in some points when you may need help with changing the environment, ph, ppm, mold, pests, etc. Without controlling some of these it may be hard to do so.

Then again there are different hobby growers. Some grow for fun, for experience, for quality, for quantity, autoflowers, photoperiods, and the list goes on.

The best lesson so far has been " Leave plants alone" Really all I need to do is water every 3-4 days, alternate with nutes at half dose. And just leave it the F@#$k Alone. , stick a digital microscope on it at 10- 12 weeks , chop, dry. Cure. That all there really is to it. Decent grow light, good dirt, ventilation, water and nutes. It is really just that simple. This what I have fugured out. OF course IGLM seeds are the key. Without good genetics we got dirt weed. With this setup I dont have to buy dispensary weed. The key is to just grow myself some good Stoney weed that is as good or even better than dispensary weed. SIMPLE AS THAT

2 Likes

You Canadians are awesome, seems like everyone is growing weed indoors and outdoors. Obviously some are growing fairly big setups. Growing some serious quantities of super good weed. They are running dispensary out of the house. Cost a shit load of money to set up and run. They are smoking allot or got to sell to handle expenses. They Obviously are self taught experts. They must have alot of time. Nothing else to do but stay indoors ( snow suxs)and grow killer weed.

@oldbud1 I personally think it’s wonderful that you can grow, what appears to be small plants that will meet your needs.

As you and others have stated, anybody can grow weed with the simplest of equipment. At least you have a tent which is a step up from what some folks have. After all, it’s a weed… But, not everybody can grow lots of weed in a small space.

That is the reason folks step up their game to grow. Just like you, folks buy and add stuff to make their grow better. Some will buy fancy equipment, and some even buy stuff that does no good.

I’m a believer that, whatever you do and however you do it, just enjoy it.

Good luck and keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Whenever I fail at the grow, I just throw the crap weed into the compost and start over. I have tossed a bunch over the last 5 years. I think I have it figured out by now. This is by no means F#$^king Brain Surgery. Just simple gardening for the most part. I can grow freaking tomatoes with just as much success. Just want some good head stash.

Im the little guy, 2x2, no meters, no ac unit, small fans. Hot as …in texas then, cold now.

First advice from forum in late july, good light and good genetics. I wanted simple, easy, no hair pulling, and we are weeks away from harvest with the same goals, produce our own smoke.

One of three plants who look similar. New hlg light, 150.oo seeds pot for pot, 100.oo. we spent less than 600.00 on all, nutes, coco, seeds, light p4p.

Its paid for in one grow. We pay up to 300.00 a zip for the same flavor for about 7 yrs .

We watered and watched, and watched, and still watch to learn the plant. Not bad for 60 yr olds.

We was advised on number of plants, we will only do 2 next time. Seeds dropped on sept. 1, and 78 days later we are very close to our first banana kush autos harvest.

We have been sampling since oct 1.  This was 30 days.

so number 3 wont make much, but the two others will be over 3 ounces at least, maybe more, we are no longer buying any.

5 Likes

By the way, our tent is a rv shower, we was given the advice of room for 2, we knew 3 was better, and still know 3 would be better, yet, standing room only for 2 max, we are slightly bigger than 2x2.

Heres the girls

Dont mind the Christmas decorations, mama been pimping her out for kushmas contest at pot for pot.com

2 Likes

AWESOME, this is going to turn out to be a great Forum topic. Whenever i try to get advise before. The first thing someone starts with the PPM and PH and PPE and PPF, CO2 etc. Way to much useless and Expensive input. I just water/ nutes every 3-4 days and pretty much nothing else. I do find myself checking out my beautiful dank plants 5 time a day.

Those peeps are where we want to be. Growing potent budz that get you high.

We baby steps, kiss, keep it simply simple. We read alot of journals, found one that was fixing to grow our selected strain, lived in our illegal area, thus same climate, used straight canna coir for his medium, and jacks nutes, 321, no mixing soils, check, nutes, 3.6 grams A, 2.4 grams B, and 1.2 grams epsom salt per gallon of water, check.
Good light, HLG300 rspec, :heavy_check_mark: :white_check_mark:

We did less, only 80% nutes, dialed our dimmer back 2 clicks less in veg and flower.

We hand watered based on drought to hydrating them. We lifted the pots everymorning lights on. When they felt dry snd no weight, we watered, lifted to feel difference, and waited till dry snd light again.

We had no issues, no overwatering, no nute burn, no light burn, all based on less is more.

We observed and still have lots to learn, know this, this forum is like Allstate, your in good hands and its their advise that got us to 78 days.

Awesome.

Yep, I do allot of research, read allot, HighTimes, And of course I read everything I can possibly understand on this forum . The Info and expert advice is incredible. You Canadians are some Pot growing maniacs’. Seems like damn near every Canuk ( Im advanced Sorry If the term is a insult) is growing Weed in his Entire Basement…

1 Like

Exactly. I agree. Only so much is possible in a limited space and budget. I dont think most give the credit where belongs. Is ILGM !! The seeds and Genetics just make growing good Genetics Weed a Pleasure. IGLM seeds are the key to the magic genie of kick ass buzz.

2 Likes

HAH, Girl Scout Cookies extreme. Next Im thinking Afghani Auto. Looks to be a Kick ass Indica

3 Likes

Or maybe some Sour Diesal or Super Skunk. Im having one helluva time making up.my mind what to grow next. Super Skunk is reminiscent of my time in the Navy in the early 80s in Southern California has great buzz, not so great THC levels, kinda my 1st choice. But low THC?? Then there is Sour Diesal became a favorite when the 1st Despensarie opened, Good buzz also. But I also keep leanings towards just growing the Afghani a Kick ass Couch lock after work chill out buzz. Has high THC.???